Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406217 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Lelygax: Man actually I would love a blade esque Belmont :P. With Garlic bombs and shit.

Actually there is interesting line says to question on whether it was someone we seen before? And Cox says its spoiler.
Which means to me its going to previous Belmont. If its not Julius THEN WHO IS IT? O_O.

The trailer is coming this week right?
It's a matter of hours I think? Many games are already having their Gamescom trailers :)

Aaand I think the new Belmont is Richter, but with a really weird look.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Really? You mean tomorrow or like five hours from now? Also I hope it isn't Richter man if people had problems with Trevorcard I don't think they can deal with Richter XD. 
Maybe Time traveling Simon :P.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
It's a matter of hours I think? Many games are already having their Gamescom trailers :)

Aaand I think the new Belmont is Richter, but with a really weird look.

If they are going to continue to go on having fan favorites appear than Richter does seem like the most likely choice considering they are intent on respecting IGA by not including any of his characters(Julius) and Richter was around before IGA took over.

Really? You mean tomorrow or like five hours from now? Also I hope it isn't Richter man if people had problems with Trevorcard I don't think they can deal with Richter XD. 
Maybe Time traveling Simon :P.

As long as Richter does not end up turning into another pre existing character from the series I doubt people are going to have the same reaction that they did to Trevorcard.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:23:57 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
But wouldn't people prefer them not using fan favorite characters? If they are going to have a belmont which will be controversial it would be better to use a more obscure one? I don't really care either way as long as design and characterization is cool as it is its own universe.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
But wouldn't people prefer them not using fan favorite characters? If they are going to have a belmont which will be controversial it would be better to use a more obscure one? I don't really care either way as long as design and characterization is cool as it is its own universe.

Well they have already used 2 fan favorite Belmonts in Mirror of Fate and people reacted "ok" to their redesign (SPOILER, minus the whole Trevor becoming Alucard part) so they could continue with it so long as it is done right.

But yea, I would rather it be a new Belmont as well, just judging by their recent action I can't help but doubt that it will.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I think people grew to accept or even like the Trevorcard debacle, didn't they? I was more pissed off at "Commander Olrox" and "lituenant Brauner" god those irked my gears, why use them if there were going to be nothing like the original (Still I liked vincent Dorin, eh). The worst part about those two is that they were completely aristocratic vampires, turned into brutes.
I hope mercury doesn't pull of something like that again and if there are old characters they will at least resemble the intention of the originals. The medusa, for example, is a good one, they adapted  the greek myth into the Castlevania lore and now wer're fighting medusa and the other 2 gorgons.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I didn't mind the Comander Olrox and Brauner probably because I didn't care for their original incarnations. Although I could understand if they were beloved characters for some that would annoy them. I loved Vincent Dorin because that guy was total cowardly asshole in his original incarnation :P.

Mercury Stream actually had in my opinion much more interesting incarnation of bosses then the original such as The Succubus and Malphas. So yeah I think Medusa not necessarily more interesting but I think is a good incarnation :D.

I just think a modern belmont who I expect to use grenades and guns as Richter would be weiiiird.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:42:55 PM by Trevorcard »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I think Richter wouldn't work in a modern day setting. It would just be obnoxious, just like 90% of all current name references.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I agree although I am never 100% in judgement until I see it in action. I have feeling it isn't Richter though.

I do like how the weapons have their own powers. If I had one complaint about Lord of Shadows 1 it was that the light and shadow magic didn't seem to utilize their potential now it seems it does :D.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Right now I'm thinking the new Belmont could be any of these:

-Female, throwback to Sonia
-Punk/Edgy look like Donte
-Frail looking old man
-hybrid of some sort, maybe half vampire

I mean, this new Belmont design can't be any worse than Isaac from Curse of Darkness or the Judgment designs.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Doubt it will be punk edgy like Dante. Man I would love a old man belmont or a female belmont so much. Damn well we will find this week! I doubt a half vampire though we already got Alucard. I wonder how closely Alucard will work with Belmonts and if they will know who he is? Also how closely will Belmonts work with the Brotherhood of Light?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:42:49 PM by Trevorcard »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Honestly, I love the LoS-verse Belmont designs...
It would be a good twist if they made a modern day Leon to finish Dracula in the end...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Honestly, I love the LoS-verse Belmont designs...
It would be a good twist if they made a modern day Leon to finish Dracula in the end...

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.

But alas, they will not use any of IGA's characters. Honestly, if it is a new Belmont to look forward to, I hope it's a babe. There's just something sexy about a lady who wields a whip ;) (amirite?) Personally, from all the details and things being shown, I am looking forward to this.  What really excites me is, is the combat system, I just really hope it's fluid and very adaptive as it was in LoS1.  See, while everyone is going to be tilting their analog sticks to make Gab/Dracula run, I'm going to be tilting the analog softly, to make him walk like he bad ass he is. ;P Or rather...

...The Belmont shuffle >.>

<.<

...yeah...

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Count me in the same boat who loves the LoS Belmont designs as well, Alucard included.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think the best belmont design and best badass Belmont character is Trevor. Its shame because I think his section in MOF could have been high point of game but it was too short and too much QTE. I think the Trevor design and character surpasses the previous 3D incarnation of Curse of Darkness and Judgement. Hopefully the new Belmont can live up to it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 03:16:27 PM by Trevorcard »