Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406466 times)

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Michael, Raphael => That golden angel that Gabe fought in the sample gameplay at E3?!
Nah, I'm thinking the new Belmont would be Richter, or maybe Christopher or Soleiyu.

If they did the "Belmont kills Gabe with Alucard's sword". I see a LOTR reference there.  :)

Must have been integrated in the sword.
The golden knights are paladins from the order of light, i don`t think one of them will be a Belmont, Simon grew far from the order, maybe they`ll still work together (The order and the Belmont Lineage) somehow but not as a knight from the order of light. Also it`s more logical to bring back The Vampire Killer (Combat Cross) as the whip it used to be and used by the Belmont`s decendants to continue the legacy and hunt Gabriel.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 07:40:33 PM by Asgardwolf »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
That statement can be silly, but what if this new Belmont doesnt use a whip?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Plot twist: Dracul travels to the past at the end and Gabriel kills him with the combat cross.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Guys, this whole thing is a ruse set up by Mercurysteam. Obviously the new Belmont will be Snake. Hideo Kojima saying David Hayter won't be behind MGSV and Kojima Productions not involving themselves in LoS2 is all a lie. David Hayter will be... David Belmont with his Combat Cross carved with Tsuchinoko's hide and  will have many sub weapons off his disposal in this open exploration gameplay. Expect Hideo Kojima to be like "Did Jiu Rike It?" with an (!).

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Plot twist: Dracul travels to the past at the end and Gabriel kills him with the combat cross.
That would be one hell of a plot twist. Another idea is that Dracul travels back in time and prevents Gabriel from killing Marie in the first place. Marie alive = not quest for Gabriel. Which means he never kills the lords of shadow and never losses his humanity. If Gabriel never losses his humanity, he never becomes Dracul. Thus, Dracul will fade from existence because Gabriel never became him.

Yeah, I know. It won't happen that way. It's too much of a good ending and Cox said that LoS2 is going to be really dark and rough.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Guys, this whole thing is a ruse set up by Mercurysteam. Obviously the new Belmont will be Snake. Hideo Kojima saying David Hayter won't be behind MGSV and Kojima Productions not involving themselves in LoS2 is all a lie. David Hayter will be... David Belmont with his Combat Cross carved with Tsuchinoko's hide and  will have many sub weapons off his disposal in this open exploration gameplay. Expect Hideo Kojima to be like "Did Jiu Rike It?" with an (!).

LOL
He will hide inside barrels and will need to stop Metal Gear Dragon (better than Rex), that have flamethrowers and mechanical wings. He will use cigarretes like daggers and will fight Gabe using CQC.

That makes sense if you stop and think, in MGS3 you fight a lot of bosses with themed nicknames: The Sorrow, The Joy/The Boss etc. So in Reverie when you fight The Forgotten One its only a warm up for these two universes colliding. :P
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:12:31 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
That would be one hell of a plot twist. Another idea is that Dracul travels back in time and prevents Gabriel from killing Marie in the first place. Marie alive = not quest for Gabriel. Which means he never kills the lords of shadow and never losses his humanity. If Gabriel never losses his humanity, he never becomes Dracul. Thus, Dracul will fade from existence because Gabriel never became him.

Yeah, I know. It won't happen that way. It's too much of a good ending and Cox said that LoS2 is going to be really dark and rough.

This -would- be an interesting plot twist, but it poses a problem... See, if this where to actually take place, Gabriel does not kill the Lords of Shadows <-> The Spell that Zobek cast still exist <-> The souls are still trapped <-> Paradox.

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Release date for Lords of Shadow 2 officially confirmed: Feb 25th.

http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=726

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
The new trailer is on youtube. They revealed the new Belmont too judging by the comments, but for some reasons the video doesn't play for me.

hnnng

Offline BelmontJ895

• Belmont in training
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
+1
Yeah I've just watched the trailer.

It's basically the e3 trailer but with this scene on the end.
It's past dracula meeting "Victor" Belmont, who claims he's the last Belmont before charging at Dracula.

So that's it, the new Belmont is past-based and originally from the cancelled Castlevania Resurrection.

For his design, Victor is wearing a hooded white shirt with a green sleeveless jacket, a gauntlet on his left arm and a pair of armoured boots/greaves (Like alucard's) and he's using a combat cross. He also looks around Simon's age.

EDIT: Trailer below.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:16:25 AM by BelmontJ895 »

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Gamescom Lord of Shadows 2 Trailer
[New & Official] gamescom 2013 Trailer HD [Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2]
Watch from 5:49 to see the new belmont. Victor Belmont. Huh. I guess I was half right with the Assassin creed influence :D.

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Oh wow! He actually sounds more "western", than his previous ancestors. Yeah I see the Assassin's Creed influence (...lame; wasn't really a big fan of that IP.) So they finally using him.... xD Great.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I don't get what leaker guy said about him being not much belmont. LOL I mean maybe if we had much more trailer to see. But so far he seems like Belmont guy who likes hoodies :P. Its not much different then Belmont who wears Bandanna XD.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Good thing they decided more or less to create an original character. So, this means the castle siege takes place at least a generation after MoF. Also, didn't they say/imply there would be also be a Belmont in modern day? If so, it could be Sonia since it seems they are referencing Resurrection.

anything