Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406182 times)

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
It makes more sense to Belmont warriors to be 25 - 35 years of age than 19 years guys. To battle the prince of darkness more a more experienced warrior is needed :p

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
It makes more sense to Belmont warriors to be 25 - 35 years of age than 19 years guys. To battle the prince of darkness more a more experienced warrior is needed :p
I think age is irrelevant, Buffy was much younger, and people accepted her as a vampire slayer. Who's to say Julius didn't enter a strict regiment of training since he was a child?

As for my opinion on Victor, I like the fact they are bringing back an aborted Belmont. Victor is one of those names that is perfect for a hero in the CV series. I DO see the Assassin's Creed likeness, though. Actually, he's kinda(at least to me) a cross between Ezio and Dominic Santiago. Oddly enough, this isn't a gripe. I don't mind his look.

I don't care for his armor, though. Funny who people were ragging on Julius for looking "un-modern" with his 19th century fashion, Victor's gone MEDIEVAL!!! He looks like a homeless knight. Though, the true reason I rag on his costume is that it reminds me what I dislike about a LOT of Japanese art direction in games(Tetsuya Nomura comes to mind), the whole lopsided balance in design. The gauntlet on one are and the other arm being close to bare reminds me a lot of characters like Tidus, or even Advent Children Cloud. Urgh, it's just my preference, but I can't stand imbalance in design. Maybe once in a while, but when it becomes "en vogue", so to speak, urgh!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
I expected more from them than using Victor name, I've even thought about him at some moment but discarded the idea since its a lame move to me. I expected a real new Belmont and this outfit seems off if you consider that he wears it on present days.

Someone else noticed that maybe he is blind? I've only seem him with closed eyes until now, if its true it could be cool since he would be immune to illusions.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
What? is victor a "modenr" belmont? It cannot be. I think the modern belmont will be.. Sonia

Everything comes full circle

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Victor Belmont is totally the new Belmont "I am the last of my illustrious line." And Lol he totally is a new Belmont since the cancelled game never got released :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Recycled seems to be the correct word here :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
I don't care for his armor, though. Funny who people were ragging on Julius for looking "un-modern" with his 19th century fashion, Victor's gone MEDIEVAL!!! He looks like a homeless knight. Though, the true reason I rag on his costume is that it reminds me what I dislike about a LOT of Japanese art direction in games(Tetsuya Nomura comes to mind), the whole lopsided balance in design. The gauntlet on one are and the other arm being close to bare reminds me a lot of characters like Tidus, or even Advent Children Cloud. Urgh, it's just my preference, but I can't stand imbalance in design. Maybe once in a while, but when it becomes "en vogue", so to speak, urgh!

Not defending them, even though I'm a fan of asymmetrical armor design, but they've had precedence in functionality since Roman times:

For the case of Victor (I can't speak for every asymmetrical armor design) the armor is designed in such a way that he has full mobility of his right arm (for whipping!) while his left arm is available for deflecting blows. And since with whip combat you lead with your non-combat arm out (until you strike), it would make sense to protect it as much as possible (short of using a shield, which could end up being cumbersome).

For the case of Cloud in AC, it could be argued that it mimics the style of the cloak and rapier that was practiced during the Renaissance...

But we know that's a lie.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Victor Belmont is totally the new Belmont "I am the last of my illustrious line." And Lol he totally is a new Belmont since the cancelled game never got released :P

uhhh, that really does not make him new.

new would have been a whole new belmont never even mentioned or heard of before like Steven Belmont or James Belmont or something like that.

Although Victor's game did not come out he still existed in a prototype game that most CV fans knew about.

So I would have to say he definitely is not new, but I still applaud MS for not going the fan favorite route by including Richter.

Going with one of the most little known belmonts from the original series who's game never got released was a nice and safe step.

Not much you have to live up to character wise since we never got much on his character from his cancelled game other than him being somewhat of a coward.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
So what now, Victor will become a transgender and change his name to Sonia?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

new would have been a whole new belmont never even mentioned or heard of before like Steven Belmont or James Belmont or something like that.

Although Victor's game did not come out he still existed in a prototype game that most CV fans knew about.

So I would have to say he definitely is not new, but I still applaud MS for not going the fan favorite route by including Richter.

Going with one of the most little known belmonts from the original series who's game never got released was a nice and safe step.

Not much you have to live up to character wise since we never got much on his character from his cancelled game other than him being somewhat of a coward.

Hence why my previous statement was said in joking manner. I know he is well known among the hardcore CV community but he is so obscure outside of the hardcore that essentially I would call him almost new. I have to say one thing I am bit disappointed about Victor Belmont is he seems to have no modern weaponry. I was anticipating a Blade arsenal :(

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I'm actually okay with this, Victor redone with the heart of Jesus tattoo and all, and I agree that he looks like a re-worked proto-Simon (before they changed him to gabe)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
You know actually they could have incorporated Victor Belmont characterization from resurrection into this LOS version with him being a outcast and rebel.
Also I love how in the new gameplay trailer that Vampire Knight refers to Dracula as my "Lord" "My Prince"  ;D and that Castle is against you leaving :P.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 02:19:04 PM by Trevorcard »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Holy damn, LoS2 looks really polished. I love how much quicker the Focus Bar fills in this one.

Looks a lot cleaner than LoS1, Mercury Steam really stepped their game up.

Alucard as a child confuses me though. Either he's playing head games with Gabe, or maybe it's taking place in a what if timeline, or the very distant past.

I really, really want this to be on WiiU.

I like Mercury's take on the Castle being alive too, it's cool to finally see that happen in game instead of spoken about in text.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:48:18 PM by OSM »