Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406191 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I love it. even the combat looks much better. The fact that instead of shadow and light magic, you have two special dedicated weapons for them, makes combat much more varied and interesting.

I do wonder what the deal is with kid Trevor. I mean, we saw in the trailer, that Carmilla is back as well, in her Human, Brotherhood form, no less.

This all definitely has to do with the castle, but what to do with it remains to be seen. of course we do know that despite monsters in the castle recognizing their master, the castle itself no longer does. (the downsides of having a living castle... go to sleep for a few thousand years and forget to feed it souls, when you wake up that shit tries to kill you. tsk tsk)

EDIT: I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees Victor as a polished version of Proto-Simon/Gabe

Someone should point that out to Cox
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
It looks fantastic. The combat looks very fucking fast, faster than LoS 1 this time. The map looks like the ones from Legend of Zelda, as expected. I'm sure we'll see some big areas there.

I'm sold. Now they only need to announce some playable characters as DLC (Victor and Alucard).

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Combat looks better than the first game and looks more interesting than the E3 demo no doubt. And like others said, I love how the castle is actually alive and trying to kill you.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:36:04 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
I'm sorry.

I can't finish watching this trailer. Gabriel vs some horribly animated golem thing inside Dr Sues castle, then we get to see him spare some kid's life to do battle with an orc of Mordor. This is disgusting.

Oh and Blood Orbs. Had to rip off at least one other game aside from God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Prince of Persia etc.

These are dark times indeed.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Then turn on the light. You are the only one I see so damn pissy about this.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
No amount of light can extinguish the darkness that this compulsive lying piece of shit has brought to the Castlevania series.

Blood Orbs are from every DMC game.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

Also folks like you are the reason that IGA vs Cox wars start.

Just saiyan.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
    • Awards
Where in my previous posts did I mention IGA? But since you want to drop his name, yes. IGA's Castlevanias have sold a lot more than Cox's.

Anyway, Blood Orbs in DMC are used as currency basically.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Where in my previous posts did I mention IGA?

You go on about ripoff this ripoff that when every game since SoTN has done the same. SoTN is a Super Metroid Clone, and every other metroidvania thereafter is a SoTN clone. I don't see you complaining there...

But since you want to drop his name, yes. IGA's Castlevanias have sold a lot more than Cox's.
That's funny, given the relegation to handhelds, and the shit budgets IGA was consistently given, you'd think they sold poorly... Isn't LoS the highest Selling CV ever currently according to Konami?

Anyway, Blood Orbs in DMC are used as currency basically.
Oh boy. Something that bears a similarity to something else that's used in a completely different way, must be ripping it off. it can't be just, you know, taking an in game mechanic and theming it to the character. naaaw couldn't be.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Blood Orbs simply replace the regular orbs from LOS1 just now more fitting to the Vampire aspect... how is this ripping off more games when all it is is just a reskin and rename?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
    • Awards
You go on about ripoff this ripoff that when every game since SoTN has done the same. SoTN is a Super Metroid Clone, and every other metroidvania thereafter is a SoTN clone. I don't see you complaining there...
That's funny, given the relegation to handhelds, and the shit budgets IGA was consistently given, you'd think they sold poorly... Isn't LoS the highest Selling CV ever currently according to Konami?
 Oh boy. Something that bears a similarity to something else that's used in a completely different way, must be ripping it off. it can't be just, you know, taking an in game mechanic and theming it to the character. naaaw couldn't be.

SotN wasn't a BLATANT ripoff of Super Metroid like LoS is just a bastardization of ripoffs from other different action games. A perfect example is that lame ass ice titan boss. Can you sit there and tell me you actually enjoyed it as the VERY FIRST BOSS you face in the entire game? No. I didn't think so. SotN brought all of its own elements to the table as well as kept things that make Castlevania Castlevania where as Cox dropped all that, tells us lies, and gives us this crap. It's pretty much known that this guy is a liar now. You can't deny that.

Yeah, LoS sold so well (MoF too) that they are releasing a half-assed "collection" bundle. How the fuck are you going to call it a collection with two games? Operation: Akumajo would like a word with you.

The Blood Orbs looks almost exactly the same as they do in the DMC games. I was never bitching about it due to the mechanic.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Goddamit Rugal... please... STFU.

No, actually don't... I'll simply put you on ignore just like I did to Sumac. You don't bring anything interessing to any discussion, you just keep whining and whining like a kid. We know you hate the game.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:07:09 PM by Maedhros »

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
I assume the collection exists for two main reasons.

1: To get fans who loved Lords of Shadow a chance to play the midquel which was on a portable; this was an issue for Kingdom Hearts II as it relied a lot on a portable midquel, leaving a lot of people in "what the fuck is this shit" sort of mindsets. That model does indeed keep many casual fans out of the loop. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is a more notable example of this, considering it's also Konami and has had the same issue.
2: To hopefully get Mirror of Fate to sell. From what I understand, while Lords of Shadow was the best selling Castlevania to date, Mirror of Fate stacks up as one of the worst. This could be due to the consumer base who played it on PS360 not being the same sort of userbase supporting the 3DS. Even IGA's games have outsold it, so I assume the ultra-hardcore 'vania fans felt that Mirror of Fate had one of those rushed, Western-developed "placeholder" feelings about the whole game. I think its middling scores enforced this.

anything