Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406148 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
So I heard through the grapevine that there's an option in the game that people are really going to be happy about:

In the advanced options, there is a checkbox that disable QTE's which removes cinematic press button kills after every fight. Although this option was in the testing versions so it's unknown if the final game will have it.

And on Victor, he's is pretty much the LOS equivalent of Julius all except in name (at one point he was gonna be Julius), they decided they wanted to use an unused Belmont instead so they choose Victor from Resurrection.

And the source is from the same source that leaked info on MoF and LOS2.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:11:01 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
So I heard through the grapevine that there's an option in the game that people are really going to be happy about:

In the advanced options, there is a checkbox that disable QTE's which removes cinematic press button kills after every fight. Although this option was in the testing versions so it's unknown if the final game will have it.

And on Victor, he's is pretty much the LOS equivalent of Julius all except in name (at one point he was gonna be Julius), they decided they wanted to use an unused Belmont instead so they choose Victor from Resurrection.
We're both in the same thread I see. :P

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Hey I was there first. >:(

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards

No, actually don't... I'll simply put you on ignore just like I did to Sumac. You don't bring anything interessing to any discussion, you just keep whining and whining like a kid. We know you hate the game.

Hey baby. Lookin' for a date?

Go ahead and ignore me then. You aren't doing a good job, though. Glad you felt the need to directly address me. Excellent work.

That Dark Souls II beta can't come any sooner.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:16:49 PM by Rugal »
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
He adds a lot to the conversation, you only need to understand how he express his opinions. At least I dont have seen until now he telling that someone opinion is "invalid" or that his opinion is a "fact", so its not that bad.

I also think that they should at least wait until LoS2 for launch a collection instead of launching ANOTHER one after it.

If that statement about IGA having low-budget for his projects his really true, so Im even more proud of him now. He did all these games with low budget, while Cox had more budget than him in theory. Im not saying that one guy is better than the other but IGA did better or at least the same with less money.

Wait, why Im talking about IGA? This will turn in a war again, forget everything lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
If that statement about IGA having low-budget for his projects his really true, so Im even more proud of him now. He did all these games with low budget, while Cox had more budget than him in theory. Im not saying that one guy is better than the other but IGA did better or at least the same with less money.

Wait, why Im talking about IGA? This will turn in a war again, forget everything lol
Sometimes, limitations lead to stronger, longer lasting projects. It's really all in how you utilize what you have, and how it benefits the design in the end.

I think if IGA were given a larger budget and a really talented team, they could have made a really great sequel to SotN or the 1999 game.

But, neither will ever happen.

Honestly either way, the franchise future was up in the air for awhile. Too many dumb AAA games companies want a piece of, eventually Konami was going to switch things up. The whole industry followed suit.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:36:03 PM by OSM »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
SotN wasn't a BLATANT ripoff of Super Metroid like LoS is just a bastardization of ripoffs from other different action games.
Actually, yes it is.

A perfect example is that lame ass ice titan boss. Can you sit there and tell me you actually enjoyed it as the VERY FIRST BOSS you face in the entire game? No. I didn't think so.
I did enjoy it. The scale and feel of the boss was great, and as the first titan, it was easy. later titans introduce more elements. (and there's really only 3) And it was not the first boss. First boss was the giant Warg.

SotN brought all of its own elements to the table as well as kept things that make Castlevania Castlevania
Like men that look like women, rpg leveling, Metroid elements... oh wait.

where as Cox dropped all that,
a dev wanted to do their own take on the IP. deal with it.

tells us lies,
can't really argue there.

and gives us this crap.
which 'crap"?

It's pretty much known that this guy is a liar now. You can't deny that.
somewhat. he has this bad habit of lying to try and cover up when someone guesses things correctly.

Yeah, LoS sold so well (MoF too) that they are releasing a half-assed "collection" bundle. How the fuck are you going to call it a collection with two games? Operation: Akumajo would like a word with you.
i never liked OA and I think they are pretentious. it's mainly to get new folks into the game. it does suck though. should wait.

The Blood Orbs looks almost exactly the same as they do in the DMC games. I was never bitching about it due to the mechanic.
they looks imilar but dont work so.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Since we will be getting battles with Death and Medusa, they might as well add in other creatures that serve as the main pillars of Castlevania like Frankenstein. Oh wait... Dont tell me that the titans represent Frankie?

Well there was that wacky robot in the first game. I'm sure we'll see more of that artificial-life jazz, at least, since

(click to show/hide)

I'd be alright with seeing some bullshit Egyptian knockoff area to house an Akmodan look-alike. In LoS1 they did a twist on the old aquatic ruins "What civilization was this? Who the fuck knows?" themed level like in Castlevania 3 and 4.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

And the source is from the same source that leaked info on MoF and LOS2.
Dammit, PLEASE let the "QTE disable" thing be kept IN the game. THAT would be a GENIUS move on MS's part.

I  always wondered why there aren't two modes in games with QTE, "Cinematic" and "Manual". Cinematic is basically all QTE finishers remain to give the game the illusion of a more "movie-like" feel, while "Manual", there are no finishers. You just kill monsters regularly, no finishing moves. Once an enemy/boss dies, that's it(unless it's part of a non-interactive cutscene, which is fine).

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Some character renders

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Victors render in particular made me wish even more that this game got a next gen up port.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:19:52 PM by Kingshango »

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Alright kiddies, I'm going to end this once and for all, so prepare yourself for some education.

Castlevania started with TWO prototypes - One known as Vampire Killer (MSX), which used 'Exploration', but still used the common side-scrolling we've seen for years. The other is what we, the US fan base was introduced to (The action/platforming/linear element)

So let's do the math here

Vampire Killer <-> Simon's Quest

Simon's Quest was the FIRST Castlevania to introduce RPG elements into the series and (OMG) backtracking. How does this make sense? Simple - the hearts are used as EXP. When you level up you gain a defense bonus while buying new whips increase your damage. This exploration element and RPG element idea was not reused until SoTN's release, which now used a map layout (like Super Metroid)

Secondly - I am getting SICK and efin' tired of people calling Lords of Shadow a "RIP" off of other action games. First off, have you REALLY sat down and took the time to understand the core-combat system? The game uses elements not SEEN in any other games, if you SIT down, learn and THINK instead of being a simpleton button masher who enjoys to play their games on EASY.

Lords of Shadow's combat system is an UPDATED version of Lament of Innocence. ...But oh noez its still God of War rip off....

Orly?

God of War release - March 25th, 2005; when playing the demo of it, I called a LoI rip off because of its COMBAT system. The only thing it added was QTEs and a bald headed idiot who has teenage angst issues.

LoI release - October 21st, 2003 - My point exactly.

Who is ripping off, who brah? BRAH?!

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Every game is a ripoff. Ergo, Wii Music is the most innovative title of all time. Try and refute this, nerds. :3c

I swear, what year did we get mad if every game wasn't 9/10 it's average but super innovative about games?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Victors render in particular made me wish even more that this game got a next gen up port.

Aw man, I really liked Toy Maker's Eggman like nose from MoF's art. He doesn't look as twisted anymore. :/

Cool stuff though, glad to see a lot of LoS2 content today. It's been too dry on the news front.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Aw man, I really liked Toy Maker's Eggman like nose from MoF's art. He doesn't look as twisted anymore. :/

To quote a overused meme "That's not even his final form!"

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards