Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406040 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Haha Oh God these recent news injected that spark it was missing in here, imagination and speculation are always the best aprt of waiting  ;D

The leak guy was right about one thing, Victor's was gonna be a hot topic amongst some Castlevania fans.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Is there still any chance we'll be having a new version of Julius and Sonia?
Or was it just Victor and that's it?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Is there still any chance we'll be having a new version of Julius and Sonia?
Or was it just Victor and that's it?
I think that's it. Never expect too much.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Groundbreaking..

Someone get Cox a medal please.

That's enough for now. You can express your opinion freely here, but the tone which you choose to do so is not necessary, and nobody here is interested in reading the resulting shouting matches.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Sorry for the absence these weeks, was away working in Barcelona and have been completely disconnected.

To those who inquire about the authentic extension (length) of LOS2, We are going to answer yourself, a 20/25 hours of gameplay, great graphics detail (and almost all new environments between zones), a single disc...... tik tak tik tak tik tak

I think after reading the first paragraph I have you answered, NO, not a SOTN, is like a LOS1 but with better graphics, camera, ¡¡¡HISTORY!!! and ambience (most of the ambience is pure castlevania). Nothing more.

This great for me.

PD: There will be a big surprise (apart from Victor) ... saved one as for December (I think, without confirming that date) who will? ..
PD2: I have heard that are forming teams LOS2 related to after Feb 2014 .... DLC? ..
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Sorry for the absence these weeks, was away working in Barcelona and have been completely disconnected.

To those who inquire about the authentic extension (length) of LOS2, We are going to answer yourself, a 20/25 hours of gameplay, great graphics detail (and almost all new environments between zones), a single disc...... tik tak tik tak tik tak

I think after reading the first paragraph I have you answered, NO, not a SOTN, is like a LOS1 but with better graphics, camera, ¡¡¡HISTORY!!! and ambience (most of the ambience is pure castlevania). Nothing more.

This great for me.

PD: There will be a big surprise (apart from Victor) ... saved one as for December (I think, without confirming that date) who will? ..
PD2: I have heard that are forming teams LOS2 related to after Feb 2014 .... DLC? ..

Im gonna use my eagle eye to decipher this as best I can:

LOS2 is a fairly long game that last's an estimate of 20 hours and the graphics are wonderful and full of detail and it's all on one disc.

It's not exactly a SOTN type metroidvania, more like it's LOS1 but wayyy bigger in scale and the atmosphere is reminiscent of other Castlevania's (YMMV of course).

Victor isn't the only surprise in LOS2 and that will be revealed in December.

There will probably be DLC but it's done by a separate team and will be released after the game launches in February.

Oh and Bergaron before you leave can you confirm if there is in fact an option that disables QTE's? There was word that it was possible in the testing versions of the game.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:56:59 AM by Kingshango »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I agree, I instantly thought about Beta Simon Belmont as well, when I saw Victor, I really wasn't thinking about Assassin's Creed when I saw the hooded because of Gabriel at the beginning of LOS when he was hooded. I think I was more upset about the Combat Cross instead of the Vampire Killer. I like the design of the Combat Cross and I like the gameplay elements with it, but for some reason it never worked for me as a fan. Maybe, I am just too old school. When I think Castlevania, I think Whip not Combat Cross.

By the way, this is totally bad ass looking:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-collection-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook/10846151.html?affil=awin&awc=2549_1377262747_c8da68f726ea7192eff5e0c2421cd4a0&utm_source=AWin-104425&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Bergon: So can we expect 15-17 hours story line game play with optional area and exploration being 6-8 hours? I don't expect to be SOTN but I do want to understand what exactly is COX saying with optional areas, optional enemies and storyscenes and how extensive they are.

Also, extra surprise? Does that mean a extra belmont O_O?

Offline jmodlin210

• Awards
Will there be DLC for Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 and what kind of DLC will be in Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
Will there be DLC for Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 and what kind of DLC will be in Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2?
LOL how could we possibly know?

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Alucard and Victor Belmont Packs Calling it :P. Of course they are going to have a Alucard DLC they would be crazy not too. Wait another possibility for the surprise is PLAYABLE ALUCARD  :o
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:32:22 AM by Trevorcard »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
@Kingshango: No one said anything about a option for disabling QTE's in LoS2 IIRC, they said it about MoF HD. But even so its a VERY good question :P

I don't expect to be SOTN but I do want to understand what exactly is COX saying with optional areas, optional enemies and storyscenes and how extensive they are.

Also, extra surprise? Does that mean a extra belmont O_O?

Optional areas and exploration = backtracking. They've shown in the trailer that you will gain new abilities that can open new areas, like when Gabriel freezes water to climb it. Expect optional enemies to be in it and "storyscenes" to be these presentation scenes when a enemy appears for the first time in the game. If you think like that you will be a lot more close to reality.

About extra surprise it can be a new belmont, if they included Victor they will include Sonia for sure, it seems obvious to me. Cox started mentioning Sonia before, not Victor. So he wants to use the whole Ressurection pack, not only one char.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:51:00 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Kingshango: I think he is referring to the leaker guy who mentioned it for Lord of Shadows 2 in some thread. Unless you are reading it too?  :o