Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406035 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Castlevania was foreclosed upon, as these are dark economic times. They have to evict Gabe somehow.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
He's been asleep for like, what, 1000 years? Not even in the castle itself, but in some church. And when he gets back out he's all crusty and old and depowered. Castle has a life of it's own, it was made through a pact with a demon, and probably is a demon itself. probably considers him weak now, or unfit to be the master. Dracula rules through fear. He is extremely strong, and everyone knows it. Even the Castle. Considering you have to regain your lost powers, the Castle is not afraid of you, and thinks you are a weakling now, even if the subordinates themselves still respect you.

There's also the story elements we don't know about yet. Satan's involved again, so his influence could be relevant there.

TL;DR, if you watched the video you would have heard, the Castle-posessed monster(Is it a Vampire warrior?) says "You're not our lord anymore"
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:22:21 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Um.. How long has Gabriel been Dracula now? Soma was some kid who had the power to take souls, Gabriel IS Dracula and sits in the throne room all his life.

What you said doesn't make any sense to me.

I can't be sure, but it seems like the part of the game where Castlevania is attacking Dracula is in the future, which means Dracula has been asleep for over 500 years, so long that he barely remembers who he is upon waking up.

At that point, a reviving Dracula may as well be some guy with minor vampire powers, and if Satan is involved, I could totally see the Castle rebelling against its former master.

EDIT: What Flame said.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I remember Cox or Alvarez said the Castle was rebelling against Gabriel because he wanted to put an end to his eternal life (meaning the destruction of the castle too).

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
You know I am wondering how Carmilla is back and whether she is illusion? She should be totally dead both her dark and light counterpart. Also it seems she is boss battle with her holding the lantern? Also is the Toy maker, Frankstein?  :o

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Toy Maker is Frankenstein's twisted apprentice.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
OR IS HE REALLY FRANKSTEIN?!! (Dun Dun). If he is Frankstein I am hoping for a proper Frankstein monster :D

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
If i remember correctly, the Castle reveals against Gabriel/Dracula it`s because of some Satan influence and his return to take vengance....

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Toy Maker is Frankenstein's twisted apprentice.
OR IS HE REALLY FRANKSTEIN?!! (Dun Dun). If he is Frankstein I am hoping for a proper Frankstein monster :D

Toymaker was Rinaldo Gandolfi's apprentice, not Frankenstein's. Frankenstein was killed by Carmilla while he was the owner of the Castle after the Bernhards.

That said, he more or less fills the same purpose either way.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
I hate it when you come home and your apartment rebels against you! Last week my stove died and yesterday a lamp broke. I can totally see what Gabula must be going through!

Offline somasworld

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I wonder if we will ever the mystery of Rinaldo Gandolfi of how he looks like and why is he so important? Maybe its better the mystery is unanswered.
I think we are going to go through a drought of Lord of Shadows news until Tokyo Games Show.
Also if that is Satan's daughter then does Satan mates with ostrichs  :o

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
I wonder if we will ever the mystery of Rinaldo Gandolfi of how he looks like and why is he so important? Maybe its better the mystery is unanswered.
I think we are going to go through a drought of Lord of Shadows news until Tokyo Games Show.
Also if that is Satan's daughter then does Satan mates with ostrichs  :o

Rinaldo Gandolfi
Lord of the Rings Shadows

YOU SHALL NOT PASS
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
the most beautiful fantasy-game this gen !!!!
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2013/198/672716_20130718_screen001.jpg

1080p
No Jaggies

yep, that's definitely a Screen from the PC version...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

I would have gotten LoS on PC if

1. It had a PC version

2. I had my new PC back then. (probably would have anyway)