Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406700 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
I will grab a LoS copy for PC, it will come in a ship with cannons, a skull flag and will be waiting for me in a bay ( :P )
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
That screenshot is totally a demolished building in the Modern city.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
It's really crazy how much more "Castlevania" LoS2 looks compared to LoS1. It's almost as if a different team is making it.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think the lack of Sunlight has something to do with it  :P

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
It's really crazy how much more "Castlevania" LoS2 looks compared to LoS1. It's almost as if a different team is making it.

Life before Dracula and life after Dracula. It makes sense.

And it's a good thing too. As much as I like LoS, that extra dark feel in MoF and LoS2 is super awesome.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:35:59 PM by e105beta »

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I am wondering what other modern aspects we are going to see in game besides the City? Are the Brotherhood of Light in Modern era wielding guns? I wonder if Dracula is going to fight Tanks and F-16s :P. Kinda of like Ninja gaiden with Ryu shooting arrows at tank.

Also I agree I liked LOS but castlevanishness of MOF and LOS2 is pretty great.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:49:11 PM by Trevorcard »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I picked up my copy of LoS PC on steam over the weekend, as of right now, 1 day, 21 hours still feels like forever...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Until now, I hadn't noticed the little map on screen in LOS2 gameplay. Looks cool and useful but I think that its too small

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Until now, I hadn't noticed the little map on screen in LOS2 gameplay. Looks cool and useful but I think that its too small
It's better then no map at all like in the first game.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I am wondering what other modern aspects we are going to see in game besides the City? Are the Brotherhood of Light in Modern era wielding guns? I wonder if Dracula is going to fight Tanks and F-16s :P. Kinda of like Ninja gaiden with Ryu shooting arrows at tank.

Oh god please no. That was hands down the worst part of Ninja Gaiden.

Unless they make the army base look crazy and Gothic like everything else. That would be very trippy.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Imagine a Tank Golem shooting dark lasers and explosions. Modern things would only be cool as enemies if combined with fantasy (aka magic).
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Welp. Given how Victor looks, I'm going to assume the super special God order of knights will retain a medieval/ancient flair much in the same way.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Who knows. As far as we know Trevor was the last Belmont who did work for the Order of Light. Simon Grew and trained by himself and seems to have no relation with them anymore. The order could have evolve with the times while the Belmont legacy could have keep their traditional vampire hunting tecniques... And as far as we can tell for now is that Trevor was also the only Belmont to know his blood relation with Dracula and could still been a secret for his descendants...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:51:11 PM by Asgardwolf »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
IMO Simon understood at the ending that Alucard was Trevor, he even did a bitter smile.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Check

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
The Lord of Shadow combo video is done.  Just waiting to release it at some point.  Just wanted to let you all know.  I think Jorge has seen it already and a few others.  If you'd like to watch it before i release it, just send me a PM and ill give you a unlisted youtube link.

Also just wanted to share, in that gameplay demonstration for LOS2, enemies fly back after they fall to the ground from Rising Strike.  Virtually, you could OTG enemies to death after they landed in MOF and LOS1, so this is a good feature.

However, after talking to Dave Cox about the combo system, and how limited it was in MOF, he said it was intentional.  Personally, i feel like if the best LOS2 has to offer me is 5 hit combos, then they automatically fall to ground, is gonna make the game really bland for me. 

All they have to do is make a second launch send them flying back.  Then the system can become balanced.  After working on the video, i can safely say that.

The air attacks are slower now, and the fact that they fly back after they land is already leading me to believe they will automatically fall after a few hits.  God i hope not.  I really feel like this can hurt the game badly.

It's a hack and slash game.  That's all im saying.