Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406150 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
IGA will never create a better Castlevania than this Lords of Shadow 2 !!!
David Cox has done a lot of things really well....
The series has become really really famous and Castlevania is now one of the
most anticipated games nex year !!!

David Cox we have to THANK YOU
YOU made CASTLEVANIA BIGGER AND BETTER THAN EVER !!!
From the moment you are mentioning Iga you are recognizing what you are denying.
If you are so proud of Cox you don't need to mention Iga.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
A new article from destructoid puts LOS2 among the ten best games that they saw at gamescom.

http://www.destructoid.com/our-top-ten-games-of-gamescom-2013-260689.phtml

I don't believe it  I'll wait till the review comes out:

Jim Sterling CV:los2 he'll some how pull out of his mind that los:2 is a 6/10 game or something oh and IGN a freaking 7.3 for the consoles and a 7.5 for pc I have no hope from the main sites  :P And if gametrailers bitch about los:2 having no map I'll call them out they said in their los review iirc about having no map there is clearly a map in los:2 . It's clear as day this game is a mass improvement over los in everything okay maybe music but that is debatable  :P
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I am actually pretty optimistic this game will be reviewed much better then Lord of Shadows. Lord of Shadows was a bit of a shock to previous castlevania players and it had flaws. I think by now people understand its supposed to be its own sub series and I think they have made some needed improvements.
For me if the game can get a good review from Eurogamer I will be sold :D

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
The only things Cox can do well are: Destroying franchises, making sub-par video games, and lying.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
The only things Cox can do well are: Destroying franchises, making sub-par video games, and lying.
And the only thing you can do well is flamebait.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
And the only thing you can do well is flamebait.

Sure thing Mr. Flame.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Honestly I think ten times budget could be attributed to this generation requiring much more money than last generation for blockbusters. Also I don't know if one could really say that all the poor level design and shoddy mechanics in Igrashi games could be attributed to shoddy budgets. I think it is difficult to move from 2D to 3D games and some developers can't manage it to no fault of their own. Anyway it is meaningless to say now whether the Igrashi games in gameplay terms would be better with a larger budget because it won't change what has happened. However I think most would agree that Igrashi 2D games are much much better then his 3D games.
Of course it can.
Less money = less people to work with 3D assets = more reused assets. Developers work on with the limits they have.

LoI and CoD, even on the PS2, couldn't be considered blockbusters on the PS2, AT ALL. The PS2 blockbusters were GoW, DmC, FF, KH, etc... Castlevania was nowhere near these.

There nothing meaningless in the argument, we'll never know if he could make a better game without them giving the chance in the first place. For one, we could have had better assets/graphics in general (considering the limits of PS2).

It's obvious that LoS was the first time Konami tried to make CV a blockbuster. With IGA, the probably only wanted to make something that would give them easy money, like the 2D games.

Exactly!!, Four years ago won 2000 euros a month, now 950 (and I have almost 10 years experience in Oracle technologies). I found the work of chance and work about 10 hours a day.

It is more than possible that the first LOS (but not los2) is cheaper than any 2D castlevania ...

MS is assumed that part of the costs, that is, part of the "payment" was to have the possibility of working with Konami and be known .. that was in the LOS1, now make more your own pace.

Sorry Bergaron, this makes no sense at all. The only thing these salaries means is that they can have even more people on the team. The budget can still be bigger than these other titles.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:01:37 PM by Maedhros »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
I am actually pretty optimistic this game will be reviewed much better then Lord of Shadows. Lord of Shadows was a bit of a shock to previous castlevania players and it had flaws. I think by now people understand its supposed to be its own sub series and I think they have made some needed improvements.
For me if the game can get a good review from Eurogamer I will be sold :D

They say third times the charm but there are those with their heads so far up their butts that they can't see a good game. Hatfield's ign review was a joke it's not a MV, not part of the main cv storyline I forgot the review but it's foolish, the other guy that did the ign Mof review was so unbelievably harsh like damn and I have no hope for them I except them to make a mediocre score and all the other big sites like GS,GT while they were around the seven score and at least theirs made some form of sense so maybe there is a chance there. As far as the reviews go I do feel that it will be mixed even if all this information is pointing to it being a great action game note I said great action game not just a cv game.

(click to show/hide)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
They say third times the charm but there are those with their heads so far up their butts that they can't see a good game. Hatfield's ign review was a joke it's not a MV, not part of the main cv storyline I forgot the review but it's foolish, the other guy that did the ign Mof review was so unbelievably harsh like damn and I have no hope for them I except them to make a mediocre score and all the other big sites like GS,GT while they were around the seven score and at least theirs made some form of sense so maybe there is a chance there. As far as the reviews go I do feel that it will be mixed even if all this information is pointing to it being a great action game note I said great action game not just a cv game.

The deciding factor is going to be whether the reviewers the big sites get are their "resident fans" or just a game reviewer. I'm always skeptical when I hear things like "I'm the resident fan, so I wanted to review it" because it means the reviewer is coming in with a fairly large bias. While these reviews might work well with people who share the same opinions, they come off as overly critical or overly praising to people who don't have as much of a stake in the matter.

Sorry Bergaron, this makes no sense at all. The only thing these salaries means is that they can have even more people on the team. The budget can still be bigger than these other titles.

I think what he's trying to say is that because the salaries are lower, and because we know MercurySteam was a very small company at the time of LoS, the budget may actually have been just as small as those for IGA's games because the cost of labor was lower, despite maybe having more people.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:28:07 PM by e105beta »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Interesting, so MS is a confinancer of LoS, Konami is so cheap it infuriates me.

Everything comes full circle

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
not Symphony because that was not his).

That's rather disingenuous. Toru Hagihara passed IGA the baton after Bloodletting was canceled, when they made the move to the PSX. Plus IGA is credited as Assistant Director, Scenario Writer, and Programmer- he was very intimately involved with SotN. He confirmed in the Chronicles interview that he was the one who decided to go with the Metroidvania element to lengthen gameplay time. So to say that SotN wasn't his is pretty false.

Also one person isn't responsible for an entire game. Neither IGA nor Cox are Pixel, toiling away on games all by themselves. They are team efforts, and saying that single person is responsible for any of the CV games is quite insulting to the entire teams that actually made the games. For example, it was one of PoR's programmers that put in the Sisters mode, not IGA, and Igarashi mentioned in a blog post that he was overruled during the development of Judgment when he wanted Don't Wait Until Midnight to be Simon's theme but the team chose Vampire Killer instead.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
It is as I've said before, IGA did miracles with the amount of money they spent in his projects. If Hideo Kojima tried to help IGA like he have helped MercurySteam intervening in things, surely reciclying would be minimum or inexistent. Look at Castlevania ReBirth, since it was cheap to do, they did a lot of new things to it.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Of course it can.
Less money = less people to work with 3D assets = more reused assets. Developers work on with the limits they have.

LoI and CoD, even on the PS2, couldn't be considered blockbusters on the PS2, AT ALL. The PS2 blockbusters were GoW, DmC, FF, KH, etc... Castlevania was nowhere near these.

It's obvious that LoS was the first time Konami tried to make CV a blockbuster. With IGA, the probably only wanted to make something that would give them easy money, like the 2D games.

I don't feel this maybe with Cod but Loi really did feel like a legit try at a 3d vania and I think that graphically it surpassed DmC in some ways. DmC to me had great locals but very dull dark(I tried to make it more bright but it's just dark like dang) colors. Loi just the opposite great colors gothic yet, bright and the only thing that held the game back from it's full potential is the level design gameplay wise I think it's better than DmC,GoW,onimusha, and other action games it was fast quick the orb system worked really well the combos were great. So I think that konami did give the team a chance with loi but afterwards no go. Was Loi ever a greatest hit?
(click to show/hide)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I don't feel this maybe with Cod but Loi really did feel like a legit try at a 3d vania and I think that graphically it surpassed DmC in some ways. DmC to me had great locals but very dull dark(I tried to make it more bright but it's just dark like dang) colors. Loi just the opposite great colors gothic yet, bright and the only thing that held the game back from it's full potential is the level design gameplay wise I think it's better than DmC,GoW,onimusha, and other action games it was fast quick the orb system worked really well the combos were great. So I think that konami did give the team a chance with loi but afterwards no go. Was Loi ever a greatest hit?

DMC1 aged rather horribly IMO, graphics were nothing impressing (even in upscale), gameplay is pretty sluggish and controls are atrocious, they should have remade this and 2 with the DMC3 engine when they did their HD release

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Interesting, so MS is a confinancer of LoS, Konami is so cheap it infuriates me.

They need to save the money for all that cocaine and laundering counterfeit money with Snake's face on it.

Konami actually has a bunch of other stuff they do besides video games, which may explain why they feel like they can let so much crap slide.

anything