Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406202 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Man, I actually didn't find Juste to be like Alucard at all. Juste was always more angelic in appearance, while Alucard was rockin' the vampire outfit. Plus Juste was straight-up heroic, while Alucard had the angst.

and HoD is proof, Castle A and B is Normal and Inverted Castle a la SotN)

Ehhh, that's a little more debatable. The Inverted Castle was pretty much the second half of SotN with little need to go back to Dracula's Castle, right? But like the good Docta pointed out, in HoD you have to travel between Castle A and Castle B constantly to solve puzzles. What you do in one world affects the other, like shattering a breakable wall in Skeleton Cave A will also destroy a completely unbreakable wall in Skeleton Cave B. PoR followed SotN far more closely, with its latter-half paintings.

I just wish the rest of Castle B differentiated itself as differently as the Skeleton Caves, in which both A and B had completely different level designs. Oh wellllll

Fun Factoid:

One of Kojima's original sketches for Chronicles Simon has him looking very much like a proto-typical Juste.

Speaking of which...

Juste was originally conceived as having brown hair.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Kojima's faces look al the same so I couldn't distinguish between brown haired Juste or Trevor. And Juste is dislike dnot only for being made to draw Alucardf fans, but because he looks like a douche and acts as a prick. In my headcanon he cheated to get the vampire killer from Maxim so bstarting the Belmont whip corruption.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
About Juste: a man with a face so beautiful and celestial like that, who has so refined taste in decoration, can't be wrong to me  ;)

About Victor: I still find him to be funny because the original one looked like Tim Curry  :P
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Yeah but you see he is so beautiful and celestial he can't be human :P which why I don't think he suits being a belmont. Unlike manly Simon and Julius :D.

A Tim Curry Transvestite Belmont from Transylvania would be pretty awesome!

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Ah, seems I need to clean up the mess I've made for myself.

HoD naturally stands among the best Castlevania's I've played. I've just noticed, from running through blogs, articles, forums, that it generally seems less highly regarded than its contemporaries on the GBA/DS. I may be wrong, of course.

And as for Julius, I am glad MercurySteam has left him alone at this point. Yet Cox has already taken so many liberties with the Castlevania storyline that I couldn't help but find it slightly frustrating that LoS2 couldn't stick to the original timeline.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

A Tim Curry Transvestite Belmont from Transylvania would be pretty awesome!

Wha? Wait I just remembered that would not be the first time a transvestite would be in a cv was there not a enemy in Sotn iirc used an ice attack.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:14:04 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Wha? Wait I just remembered that would not be the first time a transvestite would be in a cv was there not a enemy in Sotn iirc used an ice attack.
Ah yes. That enemy was called Frozen Half. In the original US release of SotN for PS1, the description was: "new half ice spirit. servant of Galamoth." However, in the US release of SotN found in DXC, the description says that they are transvestite ice spirits or something. Although, with the graphics used in SotN, you can't tell the gender of the frozen half. All you really have is the description for the bestiary in the library. That's it.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Juste was originally conceived as having brown hair.

Trevor? that you?

props to miss Kojima, but sometimes she had a bad case of sameface...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Trevor? that you?

No way!  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
HOLY SHIT NOW ITS JULIUS WITHOUT THE PONYTAIL YOU ARE SOME KIND OF WIZARD
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

YOU have a bad case of sameface

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I'd be freaked out if he hasn't O.o
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:27:52 PM by Ahasverus »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Who are you and how do you know what my face looks like

stalker...

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
In my headcanon he cheated to get the vampire killer from Maxim so bstarting the Belmont whip corruption.

Say as you want, but Maxim isnt even a Belmont to inherit this whip lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

anything