Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406261 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3600 on: September 06, 2013, 03:47:36 AM »
+1
If Sonia is in it, and she looks like Marie, I can see her being the one who defeats Gabula forevah!

Gabula: "Marie, it that you?"

Sonia: "eh, whaa.. I mean, yes. Yes, it's me, Marie!"

Gabula: "Oh Marie, I'm so sorry I killed you. Naow we can be together!"

Sonia: "Yeah, whatever. Hey, come here so I can give you a big old hug!"

(And then she stabs him with the combat cross in his back while hugging him. The End.)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #3601 on: September 06, 2013, 05:08:48 AM »
+2
I must be the only one that does not really care if Sonia is in it or not  :P I don't know but I am having no yay feelings at all.

You can say the same about me if they would pick Richter. No offense against him, but he is like the most dullest choice imaginable. :P

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3602 on: September 06, 2013, 07:23:06 AM »
I think Richter would have made sense only as a Cameo in the Castle Siege Sequence because of Alucard being there. That is strange thing about Castle siege sequence where are the Belmonts? Glad it wasn't Richter as a Modern Belmont that would been weird. I am still wondering how many years between Mirror of Fate is Castle of Siege Sequence. It would be kinda of lame if Dracula only ruled for a hundred years before going into his deep sleep. What type of Dark Lord is that?!!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 07:26:41 AM by Trevorcard »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3603 on: September 06, 2013, 08:44:30 AM »
+1
It would be kinda of lame if Dracula only ruled for a hundred years before going into his deep sleep. What type of Dark Lord is that?!!
One that ruled 99 years, 364 days, 23 hours and 55 minutes more than the one in the old series  :P

Everything comes full circle

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3604 on: September 06, 2013, 09:43:23 AM »
Touche  ;D . By the way where the hell were Dracula's troops at the Castle Siege? Were they slacking off or did you reduce their numbers drastically in Mirror of Fate :p

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3605 on: September 06, 2013, 09:55:55 AM »
+1
Touche  ;D . By the way where the hell were Dracula's troops at the Castle Siege? Were they slacking off or did you reduce their numbers drastically in Mirror of Fate :p
Maybe the economy was bad and he had to lay off a bunch of workers. Just kidding. That is odd though.

Anyway, does anyone think that there will be an epilogue after the ending credits? I ask because when I consider it, I can see an scene that references AoS or DoS. Basically, after Satan is defeated and Gabula finally gets what he wants (to die), the credits roll and after that we get an epilogue where we see a young adult male in the future and we see him turn around when he hears someone shout: "SOMA!"

To be honest, I don't want to see it happen, but if I thought of it, then someone at Konami or MS might have as well.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:03:02 AM by darkwzrd4 »
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3606 on: September 06, 2013, 10:05:29 AM »
I mean MS could explain it off with the Brotherhood of Light were that good :P . But still where are the bodies? It would been cool to see the bodies of Dracula's fallen troops at the Castle siege. I mean we know he has them from the Gamescom trailer.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #3607 on: September 06, 2013, 10:26:48 AM »
You can say the same about me if they would pick Richter. No offense against him, but he is like the most dullest choice imaginable. :P

(click to show/hide)
In all seriousness I do not know how they would do the design but I feel my gut could not handle. If she looked like a blonde Marie then maybe I would have no problems. Also I found a what if about los Sonia a long time ago here it is 

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Castlevania-Lady-of-Anguish-182850072
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:44:23 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3608 on: September 06, 2013, 10:52:44 AM »
Anyway, does anyone think that there will be an epilogue after the ending credits? I ask because when I consider it, I can see an scene that references AoS or DoS. Basically, after Satan is defeated and Gabula finally gets what he wants (to die), the credits roll and after that we get an epilogue where we see a young adult male in the future and we see him turn around when he hears someone shout: "SOMA!"

To be honest, I don't want to see it happen, but if I thought of it, then someone at Konami or MS might have as well.
My reaction would be: Darth Vader NO!

In all honesty, I don't want to see Gabriel reincarnate at all especially as a androgynous Japanese man that would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Neobelmont: Not bad design she could be Simon's goth daughter lol. Its interesting but I know Sonia design seems possibly based off Doris lang except she is way more badass fighter having actually killed Dracula in a game.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #3609 on: September 06, 2013, 12:17:17 PM »

Neobelmont: Not bad design she could be Simon's goth daughter lol. Its interesting but I know Sonia design seems possibly based off Doris lang except she is way more badass fighter having actually killed Dracula in a game.

I actually would have zero problems with that for some reason. This design works well for me maybe because she kind of reminds me of Minerva from fire emblem just give her a halberd and see what I mean  :P
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3610 on: September 06, 2013, 12:41:09 PM »
I don't know :P I think Castlevana has had grotesque things before I mean what about Beelzebub in Symphony of night.  I could understand why you may feel like that they were super ugly.
I think if Castlevania(and it has) ever goes towards that ugly,gross, grotesque route, they shouldn't skimp. Y'know, skinless bodies, flesh and bone constructions, meaty things that ooze blood and pus. Dammit, I still want to see my idea of a CV area come to life. I always envisioned an area composed of living walls where corpses of the dead are starting to be assimilated into the castle itself, forming a mass of living corridors. The closest we got was a few parts of The Abyss(DoS), the Skeleton Caves(HoD) and the Undead Parasite(LoI). Call it, the Living Catacombs, or the Living Tombs.

Yeah, it was cool!

Yes, Order of Ecclesia had some super giant head that was so ugly... At its time, it was the ugliest enemy.
On the other hand, I found Legion to be super scary, so I liked... it? him? I don't know what it is.
I will always believe that giant demon head was somewhat inspired by Freddy Krueger. His face sometimes looks like him(the expression). The tongue he spits out reminds me of Freddy in New Nightmare.

My reaction would be: Darth Vader NO!Neobelmont: Not bad design she could be Simon's goth daughter lol. Its interesting but I know Sonia design seems possibly based off Doris lang except she is way more badass fighter having actually killed Dracula in a game.
To be fair, Doris Lang wasn't a vampire hunter. I think she was just a werewolf hunter(like her father). Though, in VHD's world, vampires were the lords of monsters(the nobility), and only a selected few were actually skilled enough to take them down.  :)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3611 on: September 06, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »
Sure, or they will be trapped there forever...

Haha!

Cut what her hair? I don't know maybe it's because I only find Carmilla and Marie to look really pretty I would not want Sonia to look like an amazon that might snap your c&*k if you looked at her wrong.   I guess I like girls to look well like girls not one of those super weight lifting ones that have muscles on top of muscles or something crazy :P
Me too, I like girly girls.

This was the joke...

If they had guts, they would pick Gutsman.
That's why I said "In that case, I hope they have cut"  :P

Cutman. The Cutman theme. I love it  :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 01:07:19 PM by Pfil »
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3612 on: September 06, 2013, 02:54:36 PM »
DragonSlayr81: She isn't really much of Werewolf hunter either given the first scene. Watching the movie recently it was pretty clear she was there for pervy lols as she is pretty useless throughout the movie. So I see Sonia as the version of Doris Lang we should have got in Vampire Hunter D which is why Bloodlust is much much better film.

You know I wouldn't mind a version of Sonia Belmont who had cruder manners. Someone who could hang out with the most cut throat mercenaries. I am kind of sick of MS dour ladies. You know what Lord of Shadows 2 needs levity of LOS. Mirror of Fate was pretty dark and depressing only a few Simon scenes added some hilarity.

You guys think we will get any new footage and news at the upcoming Tokyo games?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 03:00:13 PM by Trevorcard »

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3613 on: September 06, 2013, 03:07:53 PM »
You mean someone like her? (Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3614 on: September 06, 2013, 03:13:39 PM »
YES! Except a bit more prettier and less serious, more of trash talker. That would be a interesting interpretation of Sonia!