Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406065 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3660 on: September 11, 2013, 09:13:41 AM »
+1
So, Oscar already released the last song of the game, welp.
I like it, but it sounds like Satan is the baddie again.

Still, excellent song, very very tense and dark but the ending is priceless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AtDc69I1nPs#t=110

Everything comes full circle

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3661 on: September 11, 2013, 09:37:38 AM »
The mid part sounds a lot like the song we heard at the beginning of the E3 2013 trailer (the one with the piano intro, before "The Titan").

That theme would indeed fit Satan, it's very dark, and powerful. Maybe it'll have electronic elements added, like "The Titan", it could be interesting.

And yeah, so good to hear themes from LoS at the end.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3662 on: September 11, 2013, 10:23:54 AM »
Sounds great. Also its possible that this week Dracula's theme is gonna be released. Hope its true

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3663 on: September 11, 2013, 10:52:01 AM »
I like it. I mean, i REALLY like what seems to be shaping up as LoS2's theme. I like that halfway they include part of the original LoS theme. It mixes well.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3664 on: September 11, 2013, 12:51:53 PM »
i don't see how thats arrogant, saying it's a new universe that takes inspiration from previous CV games.. Sounds like a typical marketing bit.
Because he ended with "Make sense now?", like talking down to the other person.
Coming from Cox, I can even hear the tone he used.
The rest of the statement, yeah, just doesn't make sense, but it's not particularly arrogant.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3665 on: September 11, 2013, 05:16:50 PM »
The Music is really good and familiar. I don't like it as much as Titan (the E3 2013 Music) but it will grow on me.

I am actually interested how they are going to portray the cruelty of Dracula and his evil actions. We know that he burned the Brotherhood of Light stronghold and killed Trevor's Wife. But I wonder how much are they going to push it? Such as him drinking the blood of maidens and impaling people. I think they can really portray Dracula as a sympathetic but evil protagonist well if they do it right unlike Kratos post GoW1.
P.S I still think there is chance of Death being the final boss. Zobek is total snake. Free you from your immorality my ass.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:19:30 PM by Trevorcard »

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3666 on: September 11, 2013, 06:08:08 PM »
+1

I got chills from the last part before I even recognized what song it was. That was really cool!
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3667 on: September 11, 2013, 06:20:09 PM »
It's an okay theme, I guess... Not that I'll remember after I finish the game anyway.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3668 on: September 11, 2013, 06:34:34 PM »
Regarding the Akumajo thing, I don't think Cox's wishes for the series mean much. It's Konami of Japan that likely determines what the game should be named over there. They are still the head honchos(the mother company), so their say on specifics would override Cox's wishes. If they want to bring the LoS series under the classic franchise title of "Akumajou Dracula", it's in their right to do so.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3669 on: September 11, 2013, 07:16:44 PM »
I think the reason is pretty simple actually: LoS 2 actually has a Dracula...

Nah... or else, MoF too would be called Akumajo Dracula... I dunno, lol.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3670 on: September 11, 2013, 07:18:54 PM »

Haven't even listened to the actual song yet but the news of there being an exclusive Castlevania Concert at Playfest is really great news.

EDIT: Well that was kinda nice, I really like Dracula's theme, and hearing the LoS theme at the end was a nice touch too.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:26:03 PM by OSM »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #3671 on: September 11, 2013, 07:46:33 PM »
Towards the end (around 7:30 and forward) you can definitely hear parts of "Beginning" from Dracula's Curse, albeit sliiiiightly different. I remember people having difficulties hearing it in the LoS trailer years back, but whaddabout now?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:52:18 PM by shelverton. »

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3672 on: September 11, 2013, 09:00:24 PM »
Towards the end (around 7:30 and forward) you can definitely hear parts of "Beginning" from Dracula's Curse, albeit sliiiiightly different. I remember people having difficulties hearing it in the LoS trailer years back, but whaddabout now?
I heard it. Why did he have such a huge orchestra but changed the chords and performed only a part? I perceive it more as a tease than a homage, kind of like when I heard Vampire Killer in LoS 1.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3673 on: September 11, 2013, 09:17:01 PM »
It's the same snippet present in FInal Confrontation

Everything comes full circle

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3674 on: September 11, 2013, 09:28:28 PM »
Anyone else hear the choir sing the word "Cah-sel-VAAH-Neea?" lol
Love the music, kinda like it more now that I understand one of the words. :-D
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

anything