Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406481 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3675 on: September 11, 2013, 09:47:56 PM »
Anyone else hear the choir sing the word "Cah-sel-VAAH-Neea?" lol
Love the music, kinda like it more now that I understand one of the words. :-D
Yep, again, the same as in final confrontation. The best aprt is that they do it with the incorrect spanish pronuciation lol, Cas-TELL-Vania

Everything comes full circle

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3676 on: September 11, 2013, 10:00:09 PM »
Mehhh is ok but nothing to remember 5/10. Is difficult to do that in a game all songs are fantastic, and los2 already had 2 or 3 above, this had to be the loose ..
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3677 on: September 11, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »
Yep, again, the same as in final confrontation. The best aprt is that they do it with the incorrect spanish pronuciation lol, Cas-TELL-Vania
Haha! That's how everyone says it in Italy, Spain and countries where they speak spanish. I don't know in portuguese, maybe Lely can tell us.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3678 on: September 11, 2013, 11:44:24 PM »
Some friend call it Castellvania. I call it Castlevania but with portuguese pronounce (sounds almost like Castelevania with almost no emphasis on "te", mixing "te" and "le" making a "tle"), since for us, its as if english speakers pronounce it "késtolvênia" xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3679 on: September 12, 2013, 12:13:31 AM »
Italian, spanish and portuguese are very similar.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3680 on: September 12, 2013, 06:13:39 AM »
+1
haha I've always wondered why, I mean, normally it would be mispronounced Cas-tle-vania but for some reason the L changes places.

Everything comes full circle

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3681 on: September 12, 2013, 08:37:36 AM »
+1
When I was a kid, my friends pronounced it "kassTLEvania" with the heaviest swedish accent you could imagine (though I bet most people can't imagine what that sounds like given how in many movies, when someone is supposed to have a swedish accent, they sound german or - even more confusing - russian.). I remember being a really pretentious kid, trying to correct them :D "IT'S CASS-LLL-VAY-NEE-A DAMNIT!!".

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #3682 on: September 12, 2013, 10:22:09 PM »
So, Oscar already released the last song of the game, welp.
I like it, but it sounds like Satan is the baddie again.

Still, excellent song, very very tense and dark but the ending is priceless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AtDc69I1nPs#t=110

I like the part where it goes...well, you know, the part taken from the beginning of the E3 trailer. I still find myself humming that every once in awhile.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3683 on: September 12, 2013, 10:38:45 PM »
Wow... arrogant as always.
And why do they release a game now under the Akumajou Dracula brand?

Well, I think the main reason is that the "Dracula" cat is out of the bag now, so to speak, where that part of the game was tightly under wraps when LoS1 wasn't out yet. Kinda like IGA's reasoning for the name switch when Harmony of Dissonance was being made - that he wanted to introduce the idea of other non-Dracula antagonists.

And to be fair, I'm certain that LoS1 had nods to the Japanese title in the knight scrolls. Seem to recall the phrase "the demon's castle" or "demoniac castle" being thrown around. It's kind of weird to make that switch mid-miniseries, though, especially when there's the possibility you've brought in new fans who've never played the older ones.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 10:40:17 PM by Munchy »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3684 on: September 12, 2013, 11:20:38 PM »
Technically old news at this point, but somebody on Twitter asked Cox:

@CastlevaniaLOS I hope that in LOS2 Dracula's bloody whip could be more flashier.  like this pic.twitter.com/UR3zfYJ1fN

And his response was:

@AlucardLOS - You have to level the shadow whip up thru mastery to make it look like that :)

Kind of cool to know that your weapon "levels up" visually through the mastery system. That's always a nice touch for me in games, albeit not a super important one.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3685 on: September 13, 2013, 01:54:41 AM »
LoS PS3

LoS 360
Not too shaby AT ALL. The name change makes no fucking sense.

Actually, for a full console title released in Japan those numbers are abysmal. That's the kind of sales numbers that even low budget handheld titles can get called a failure on.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3686 on: September 13, 2013, 03:09:46 AM »
Actually, for a full console title released in Japan those numbers are abysmal. That's the kind of sales numbers that even low budget handheld titles can get called a failure on.
That's right if the franchise was actually famous in Japan. They don't expect most of the sales there at all.

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3687 on: September 13, 2013, 06:40:39 AM »
idk about you but I feel like that track could belong together with the IGAvania tracks. It would be one of the more subdued tracks along them but I think it would still fit

The "Castlevania" singing was cool. Perhaps they thought that if the rest of what they're singing is in latin (or latin sounding gibberish), the spanish (and other latin-descendant idioms) pronunciation would be more fitting
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 06:42:23 AM by Dominus »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3688 on: September 13, 2013, 07:56:54 AM »
That's right if the franchise was actually famous in Japan. They don't expect most of the sales there at all.

I don't know. it's almost not worth the translation cost and disk printing at that rate. Good business will tell you, if you don't expect it to sell don't bother releasing it.

However, the American version made a boat load of money so I guess they just brought it to Japan out of obligation? Doesn't strike me as something a big publisher would do though. There are plenty of games we don't get in America because they make the decision it 'wont sell' here. Then again, Japan is extremely egocentric, so maybe everything they produce has to release locally and abroad is the secondary always.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3689 on: September 13, 2013, 12:17:44 PM »
I don't know. it's almost not worth the translation cost and disk printing at that rate. Good business will tell you, if you don't expect it to sell don't bother releasing it.

However, the American version made a boat load of money so I guess they just brought it to Japan out of obligation? Doesn't strike me as something a big publisher would do though. There are plenty of games we don't get in America because they make the decision it 'wont sell' here. Then again, Japan is extremely egocentric, so maybe everything they produce has to release locally and abroad is the secondary always.

I wouldn't doubt that a "Japan-first" attitude has something to do with it. IIRC, Deus Ex: Human Revolution didn't exactly sell well in Japan, but as it was published by Square-Enix, there was probably some unwritten rule that it had to be released there.

anything