Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406079 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3750 on: September 20, 2013, 07:44:43 PM »
It will become Gears of War with falling bridges. (God of War and Gears of War are GoW, so we will have a GoWvania and a GoWtra)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3751 on: September 20, 2013, 08:21:37 PM »
It will become Gears of War with falling bridges. (God of War and Gears of War are GoW, so we will have a GoWvania and a GoWtra)

Can't wait for the arguments around the internet about who came first and who invented who. It's gonna be a grand ol time.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3752 on: September 20, 2013, 08:25:38 PM »
Well, one thing for sure: We will have a new stock of jokes to use xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3753 on: September 20, 2013, 10:45:18 PM »
Cautiously optimistic about a new Contra. It could be alright. But then again, we've seen time and time again that it's Konami and they have a limitless fountain of ways to derp things up.

But hey, if it introduces more people to Contra that'd be cool.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #3754 on: September 21, 2013, 10:17:24 AM »
I bet Contra is gonna turn out to be a FPS, not a Gears clone. Konami (and every other japanese company) reeeeeaaally wants a piece of the Halo/CoD/Battlefield cake, but none of them seems to know how to do it. I'm prepared for a shitty Contra that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the sidescrolling ones, except maybe some aliens.

I would much rather have a GoW clone than a FPS, but something tells me it's not gonna be like that. Dunno.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3755 on: September 21, 2013, 06:49:13 PM »
So, Mr. Cocks wants to ruin another legacy.

Can't say I'm surprised. More compulsive lying content for all.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3756 on: September 21, 2013, 07:38:50 PM »
Maybe it will be a 3rd person shooter? I can't see it going FPS, even for Cox's radical brand of reimagining, and even for the "COD audience".
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3757 on: September 21, 2013, 10:38:25 PM »
Maybe it will be a 3rd person shooter? I can't see it going FPS, even for Cox's radical brand of reimagining, and even for the "COD audience".
Cox already said he wanted to go for the CoD audience.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #3758 on: September 21, 2013, 10:50:51 PM »
+1
How about you all calm the F down and wait until some actual details are revealed before you start the bitch fest.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3759 on: September 21, 2013, 11:48:42 PM »
+1
After seeing so many legacy franchises be rebooted and revamped in order to please the lowest common denominator who want nothing to do but play Call of Duty, Halo and Gears of War for several years, I think the early bitching is somewhat justified.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3760 on: September 22, 2013, 04:56:56 AM »
Don't flamebait.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 09:42:23 AM by Nagumo »
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3761 on: September 22, 2013, 05:01:47 AM »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #3762 on: September 22, 2013, 11:54:54 AM »
All this talk of retro-platforming shooters going FPS just makes me think of Maverick Hunter.

Unreleased Mega Man FPS Game: The Complete Demo [Maverick Hunter] [All Known Footage]

Honestly, I think that might have been pretty cool.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3763 on: September 22, 2013, 12:16:21 PM »
^
Disgusting...

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #3764 on: September 22, 2013, 01:14:56 PM »
+1
How about you all calm the F down and wait until some actual details are revealed before you start the bitch fest.

I am calm. But sharing expectations and concerns is only natural. Otherwise you can't talk about unreleased games at all and that would be the end of many a forum. But yeah, nobody knows for sure how a Coxtra will turn out. 98% of us wants a 2D sidescroller, but 98% also fear that it's not gonna happen. I wanna bitch about that, a little.

But this is of course a thread about LoS2, so I'll save it for later :D