Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406047 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3780 on: September 23, 2013, 07:37:27 AM »
Shit! I've only played Ace Combat 2 for PSX and some for PS2. 2 is awesome, but I've disliked these from PS2 IDK why.

Say whaaaaaaaat

Ace Combat 4 was the best. The game was released in like 2001 and its graphics are still incredible. Ace Combat 5 is still the corniest, hokiest shit I've ever played though. The voice acting was re1 levels of awful, plus second-to-final battle with the pilots SINGING THE JPOP SONG OF PEACE. uggghhhhh
Also replacing the anime-still cut scenes with uncanny valley CGI which unfortunately continues to this day

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3781 on: September 23, 2013, 08:00:29 AM »
I am calm. But sharing expectations and concerns is only natural. Otherwise you can't talk about unreleased games at all and that would be the end of many a forum. But yeah, nobody knows for sure how a Coxtra will turn out. 98% of us wants a 2D sidescroller, but 98% also fear that it's not gonna happen. I wanna bitch about that, a little.

But this is of course a thread about LoS2, so I'll save it for later :D

I actually would be happy if the Contra legacy continued with the formula of Shattered Solider. The only thing I didn't like about Shattered Solider is limiting the player to only 3 weapons and not fan-service like the spread gun...other than that it was a brutally awesome game I thought. Neo Contra was cool too but, Shattered Solider was more akin to the original. I couldn't make myself play through Legacy of War or C the Contra Adventure.  Everything about those titles turned me off.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3782 on: September 23, 2013, 10:52:26 AM »
Oh my god.. Please please PLEASE don't touch my precious Gradius.
They say MS want to reboot Gradius and make it like a Hollywood spacecrafts movie...
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3784 on: September 23, 2013, 05:45:24 PM »
+1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/23/tgs-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-is-most-impressive
What's the point in posting a link to this article? It doesn't tell us anything new about the game. All it does is say that this a great game and mentions the "fan service" in the demo. If it was really fan service, MS would have included the whole conversation from SotN. From what I saw in the demo, it is entirely out of place. it should have been left out. Although, dropping the cup was ok. They really should have made it shatter on the floor though like in the old CV games.

I think what most of us are waiting for is a new gameplay trailer that shows us stuff we have never seen like some sort of interaction with Trevorcard or perhaps some other abilities we haven't seen yet.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3785 on: September 23, 2013, 06:17:45 PM »
What's the point in posting a link to this article? It doesn't tell us anything new about the game. All it does is say that this a great game and mentions the "fan service" in the demo. If it was really fan service, MS would have included the whole conversation from SotN. From what I saw in the demo, it is entirely out of place. it should have been left out. Although, dropping the cup was ok. They really should have made it shatter on the floor though like in the old CV games.

I think what most of us are waiting for is a new gameplay trailer that shows us stuff we have never seen like some sort of interaction with Trevorcard or perhaps some other abilities we haven't seen yet.
Yes it`s most of the same even if this review came out today. But it has more sence post this new article about LOS2 than talking about Contra, etc in the LOS2 threat...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:20:02 PM by Asgardwolf »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3786 on: September 23, 2013, 06:50:22 PM »
Thank you. CVLOS2 looks incredible.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3787 on: September 23, 2013, 09:14:32 PM »
+1
They say MS want to reboot Gradius and make it like a Hollywood spacecrafts movie...
It could be worse. They could make an ultra grounded, dramatic and realistic take on Goemon or Twinbee. A Goemon where everybody looks like realistic Japanese warriors, lots of QTEs and epic Hollywood score. A Twinbee set in some futuristic post-apocalyptic world where specialized soldiers pilot robotic armor to protect the world from theats. ;D

Or a new, edgey "Kid Dracula". Basically kinda like DmC's Dante, a rebellious punk character, says "Fuck you!" a lot, and wears a Sex Pistols t-shirt. The world is being taken over by Galamoth, so Kid Dracula must gather his angst and head into battle!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:16:57 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3788 on: September 23, 2013, 09:53:19 PM »
+1
It could be worse. They could make an ultra grounded, dramatic and realistic take on Goemon or Twinbee. A Goemon where everybody looks like realistic Japanese warriors, lots of QTEs and epic Hollywood score. A Twinbee set in some futuristic post-apocalyptic world where specialized soldiers pilot robotic armor to protect the world from theats. ;D

Or a new, edgey "Kid Dracula". Basically kinda like DmC's Dante, a rebellious punk character, says "Fuck you!" a lot, and wears a Sex Pistols t-shirt. The world is being taken over by Galamoth, so Kid Dracula must gather his angst and head into battle!
Hahaha! If I could give you more than just +1 I would :)
I'm really laughing hard! You know what's the best part? That it's true!
I can really imagine those reboots seeing current state of industry!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3789 on: September 23, 2013, 10:05:54 PM »

Weak.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3790 on: September 23, 2013, 10:25:24 PM »
+1
A Twinbee set in some futuristic post-apocalyptic world where specialized soldiers pilot robotic armor to protect the world from theats. ;D

..While they are after 2 bees that are the key to save humanity, these bees are twin and thats why the game is called Twinbee xD

"Twinbee isnt TwinBee" lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #3791 on: September 23, 2013, 10:36:17 PM »
+5
...or if Mercury Steam is asked by Konami to reinvent Suikoden. *shivers*

"Yeah, so we're really excited to make Suikoden more mainstream! We have no experience with RPGs but one of our crew members did briefly play Final Fantasy 13, so we're going with that. And a bit of Mass Effect too cause that sells a lot, and it's kind of an RPG, we think? Who cares, we'll just make something. Oh, and we're not doing 106 characters cause that would take waaaay to long time, and besides, we don't think that was the appeal of the original games anyway, was it? Whatever, we just want to be done with the game and move on to other projects. In fact, I'm getting tired of it as we speak, even though the game is not out yet. I don't wanna be Mr. Suikoden."

I took that way too far :D Just had to get it out of my system. Sorry for that. Carry on!

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3792 on: September 24, 2013, 03:24:47 AM »
+4
Or it might go the way it actually went for CVLoS where mercurysteam makes a wonderful new version of a game that had gone stale with an uninspired developer, making many old fans very happy while bringing in new fans, and also selling the most copies of a Cv game in the process, and essentially bringing a franchise back from the brink of the abyss.

I might be able join in with you guys in your complaints if that wasn't the way it actually went.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #3793 on: September 24, 2013, 03:41:29 AM »
Or it might go the way it actually went for CVLoS where mercurysteam makes a wonderful new version of a game that had gone stale with an uninspired developer, making many old fans very happy while bringing in new fans, and also selling the most copies of a Cv game in the process, and essentially bringing a franchise back from the brink of the abyss.

I might be able join in with you guys in your complaints if that wasn't the way it actually went.

That is kinda 50/50 to be honest. I can't argue with the fact that LoS1 sold a lot and made a bunch of people happy (not me, mind you. But I see why other people might like it.). But they also made Mirror of Fate which, by the look of it, sold about as poorly as some of IGAs last efforts. That particular game is hanging by a thread over this "abyss" you speak of.

I'm sure LoS2 will be better, but I doubt it's gonna repeat the commercial success of LoS1. I don't see Mercury Steam as the "saviour" of Castlevania, more like its impending demise. It's possible that the franchise would've met the same fate had IGA kept going. These are dark times. Times without hope.

Nah, but really. I'm concerned, that's all.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."