Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406160 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Screenshots look nice, but if that's all we're getting :(

Edit:Nevermind! :D

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Dracula's Vengeance Trailer - Eurogamer
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:06:08 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Holy shit, Robert Caryle did a great job with the voice acting this time. He sounds positively pissed at god, just as Dracula should. Alucard looks amazing in 3D too. All around this game looks so much better and far more Castlevania than LoS was. No one can deny they listened to the criticism to a good extent. Was that...Shaft I spotted?

Wish we could have seen more of the Belmonts or Victor in the trailer, but that's me being nit picky.

This shot is absolutely gorgeous, we're in for more visual eye candy this time around, and they somehow managed to make it all look even BETTER than the locales in LoS.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
I'll buy LoS2 if:

1) There's a Slogra boss battle
2) There's a Death boss battle
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
You play as Dracula. It would be kind of weird for Dracula to battle those two.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Cox already confirmed a long time ago that Dracula will fight Zobek...
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
considering hes fighting his own castle, its not that strange. also, death? dunno. Zobek seems legit this time around.

fuck those screens are awesome. cant wait for pc edition. my body is so ready
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

This shot is absolutely gorgeous, we're in for more visual eye candy this time around, and they somehow managed to make it all look even BETTER than the locales in LoS.

If you take out Dracula and put in the chosen undead, this could pass as a screenshot of Dark Souls 2.

The art direction in this game is so good.

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
That demon-looking thing in one of those screenshots is called Agreus. I found this on it at Wikipedia:

In Greek mythology Agreus or Argeus and his brother Nomios are two of the Panes, creatures multiplied from the god Pan. They are human in shape, but have the horns of goats. Like Pan, both were the sons of Hermes, Argeus' mother being the nymph Sose, a prophetess: he inherited his mother's gift of prophecy, and was also a skilled hunter. Nomios' mother was the dryad Penelope (not the same as the wife of Odysseus). He was an excellent shepherd, a seducer of nymphs, and musician upon the shepherd's pipes. Agreus and Nomios could also be understood as epithets of Pan, expressing two different aspects of the prime Pan, reflecting his dual nature as both a wise prophet and a lustful beast. Both Agreus (meaning "hunter") and Nomios (meaning "shepherd") are titles of several agricultural gods, including Aristaeus[1] and Pan himself.
Both of these Panes, along with a dozen others, joined Dionysus in his wars in India.[2]

--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agreus

Given that Pan was in LoS, I wonder what implications this might have. Maybe Pan wasn't so benevolent? Or maybe they from grace, though he didn't?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:26:51 AM by Melanicus »
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
Cox just confirmed CE is Europe only. >:( >:( >:(

I don't understand decisions like that.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The gorgeus screenshot is called "The fortress of the Guardian of the Forest" so Pan will surely return. i liked him so much.

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Cox just confirmed CE is Europe only. >:( >:( >:(

I don't understand decisions like that.

Man, Konami Europe can go suck a fat one.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Man, Konami Europe can go suck a fat one.
Wasn`t this game going to be region free?  www.Amaz...com

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Wasn`t this game going to be region free?  www.Amaz...com

Sounds like you can only pre-order through a specific European retailer, so unless they open up Amazon as an option, that's a no go.

EDIT: And of course South Africa even gets it, so it's not a shipping issue
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:08:41 AM by e105beta »

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
Sounds like you can only pre-order through a specific European retailer, so unless they open up Amazon as an option, that's a no go.

Game.co.uk is supposed to be the exclusive retailer for the UK and they ship to the US.  I might order it through them.

The disc I'm sure is going to be region free but the disc is still tied to that region's PSN store so I would then need to buy the DLC from the Europe store.

I mean the game will definitely have DLC, Konami won't pass up money.

I might pre-order it and see how the figures look when more press shots come out.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Game.co.uk is supposed to be the exclusive retailer for the UK and they ship to the US.  I might order it through them.

The disc I'm sure is going to be region free but the disc is still tied to that region's PSN store so I would then need to buy the DLC from the Europe store.

I mean the game will definitely have DLC, Konami won't pass up money.

I might pre-order it and see how the figures look when more press shots come out.

If this is true you have completely brightened my day.