Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406083 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I have had my fair share of complaints about the LOS series, but I have to say I'm relieved that MS did not make Alucard to much of a departure from the original series personality and appearance wise.

Although his origin is clearly a lot of different.

So far I like this new Alucard, even though I was not onboard with Trevor becoming him, so It would be a letdown not to get to play as him for me.

Not to mention MS would really be missing out on including a fan favorite as a playable character.

I remember them saying something along the lines that he will not be playable or unlockable in the initial game, but that does not rule out of possible DLC mode for him in the future.

Its just that this latest "Dark Dracula" preorder has me worried that they may have decided to take the cheap route and not include Alucard and just give as a Gabriel who kinda resembles him.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Nah I think they just need shit to have too preorder. My money is on Alucard being playable in the game for brief amount of time.  I wonder whether the other Belmonts after Simon will know Alucard identity or will he be a mysterious benefactor like he is in the old series.

Also as much as Trevor changing to Alucard sounds like heresy in Castlevania mythos. I think it works since its alternate universe. It builds up the emotional connection and tragedy between two which honestly I never felt they had in Symphony of the Night.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
.  I wonder whether the other Belmonts after Simon will know Alucard identity or will he be a mysterious benefactor like he is in the old series.

I have a feeling they will definitely meet, but how tragic would it be if the Belmont killed Alucard because he was a vampire?

Not caring that Alucard was a former belmont himself who is fighting on their side?

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
That could happen. Although I envision a team up with Victor Belmont.
(click to show/hide)
So he must be working with brotherhood at least.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Im gonna go ahead and take a shot in the dark and say that Alucard somehow dies after his encounter with Dracula.

Just a weird hunch I have.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Which encounter? From what I heard after the castle siege sequence in one internet magazine.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Which encounter? From what I heard after the castle siege sequence in one internet magazine.
(click to show/hide)

I dunno I just have this weird feeling that

(click to show/hide)

It's just a weird feeling I've had but I hope it's just that. Then again Mercurysteam isn't at all afraid to kill off a character in their first appearance.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
That......would be terrible  :o.

INTERNET RAGE WILL HAVE NO BOUNDS.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Alright, touche. That definitely IS classic Dracula. And I gotta say, I think Carlyle's face would lend itself to a more traditional Dracula look.

But I meant SoTN style Dracula. Which would also be neat.
Both would be neat, and would be a great little nod to the classic canon Dracula.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I really hope that we don't see a redemption in the end... maybe a FAKE redemption. Having Dracula almost being turned and just when you think everything will end right, make Carlyle give his craziest laugh ever and say that he'll never disappear.

Seriously, I fucking love this new Dracula voice.

Making a Alucard mode is essential too. It's a missed opportunity if they don't make one.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
If this game is successful you are going to DLC expansions and skins in the buttloads I guarantee.

If they make Alucard mode they have to differentiate a bit because so far Alucard is just a vampire with a sword so they have to give him more unique abilities.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I really hope that we don't see a redemption in the end... maybe a FAKE redemption. Having Dracula almost being turned and just when you think everything will end right, make Carlyle give his craziest laugh ever and say that he'll never disappear.
I thought people wanted LoS to end?

Carlyle Dracula will definitely go down as one of the best though.
If this game is successful you are going to DLC expansions and skins in the buttloads I guarantee.

If they make Alucard mode they have to differentiate a bit because so far Alucard is just a vampire with a sword so they have to give him more unique abilities.
Not entirely. He has the sword, and Dark Pain for a whip. Only thing would be the chaos claws, but then again, he already has gauntlets, and it's not like Dracula even uses special gauntlets. It's just a move.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Not sure he will be using Dark Pain. But he does have two abilities that I think Dracula doesn't have the shadows claws and turning into a werewolf.

However according to this Relic rune pack which consists of most of relics shows that Dracula will get the time power. It will be interesting to speculate what the other relics could be.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
updated the los2 page with the new trailer if anybody has not, which I highly doubt but in case you did not it's there.

Well I saw it by clicking on the YT video with Carmilla and her giant
(click to show/hide)
. Yep I was thinking with my head this time  :P

From what I gathered this collection edition is awesome but will it be a repeat of los and just be in Europe?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I thought people wanted LoS to end?
But I want it to end. Doesn't mean that he needs to actually CLOSE the history, he can left it open.