Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406087 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I think we can all agree that Dracula's characterization is the best thing to come out of this series. Carlyle is just God.

Everything comes full circle

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Agreed, many times over.  Carlyle really does have to rate up there as one of the best Draculas out there.  I'm loving the passionate, and very powerful speeches which he's given in the gameplay trailers for LoS2.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I just don't find HOW he actually got to be transform into Dracula. It was not really well done. But if I ignore all of that, yes, I agree. Carlyle makes an excelent Dracula.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I just don't find HOW he actually got to be transform into Dracula. It was not really well done. But if I ignore all of that, yes, I agree. Carlyle makes an excelent Dracula.
I totally agree with this. I think transformation of Dracula into a vampire is always the least interesting part. Would have loved that they didn't reveal it and kept in ambiguous instead of releasing those terrible DLC chapters. And I think it didn't matter much to creators either since they didn't even feature how he transformed in the freakin game. My best advice to them if they do present how he transformed in Lords of Shadows 2 is to jettison the DLC chapter explanation and come up with something better. Because the whole getting to shadow plane was really weak.

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I have no doubt if this interview has been posted yet or not as it dates back to August 9th. However, it is the best interview I have ever read about the game so far.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/19/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-interview-on-gabriels-vampire-powers-and-surprising-players/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 08:11:31 PM by SaibotMK »

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Yep read the interview hinting at Zobek "Death Battle" and weapon customization and exploration and possibly Alucard DLC. And I agree it is the most indepth interview so far.

By the way you guys I played the demo and its really good. However I hope the void sword beefs up in power throughout the game because its seriously weak right now I just use to gain health and then rely on the badass fire fists and whip. Actually I don't know if the telport is super necessary since the dash mechanic is pretty awesome and I worry telport will make the game is easy. I think if they do grant it should be super late in game kinda of like Devil May Cry 3 and 4 use of the telport.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Good interview

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/07/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-developer-video-examines-the-creation-of-dracula/
Dave's favorite Dracula was the coppola version? Heh, not a real surprise, given how strongly Gabriel's Dracula draws from Gary Oldman's Dracula. Right down to wearing red armor. (though that's probably just a coincidence, since Gabe was designed to resemble CV2 Simon) Even more than Mathias even, who was also very obviously based on the same Dracula.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
I have no doubt if this interview has been posted yet or not as it dates back to August 9th. However, it is the best interview I have ever read about the game so far.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/19/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-interview-on-gabriels-vampire-powers-and-surprising-players/
Yeah, in the epilogue Zobek said he is going to rid Gabriel from the immortality he’s cursed with.

There is a weapon Gabriel once had that is able to end his life. Remember in the DLC, he broke it.

In mirror of fate Alucard found a piece and i bet that`s how the combat cross was remade and gived to Victor or some Belmont ancestor.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards

In mirror of fate Alucard found a piece and i bet that`s how the combat cross was remade and gived to Victor or some Belmont ancestor.

Its been confirmed that Alucard used that piece to make his sword in LOS2.

So unless Alucard dies and it somehow makes it way to victor (which I doubt) then there is no way Victor is getting it.

My bet is that the brotherhood will just had another whip made since they have been shown able to do so such as when they made one for Trevor.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

So unless Alucard dies and it somehow makes it way to victor (which I doubt) then there is no way Victor is getting it.

My bet is that the brotherhood will just had another whip made since they have been shown able to do so such as when they made one for Trevor.
But will that whip be able to kill him? Trevor's wasn't. gabriel's combat cross was special. it was made by Rinaldo gandolfi, and individual powerful anti-dark upgrades were hidden all around town, and Gabe got them all. Particularly the vampire killing stake.

The Crosses made after are more than likely just replicas. they might not even be made by Rinaldo, seeing as he disappeared and seems to be hiding around somewhere disguised as a senile old man.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

Source pls?

The one made for Trevor is just a copy as you can read it on the MOF description, It can`t kill Dracula as we saw in the same game. It doesn`t even look like the combat cross, but Victor`s... Presonally i dont think Alucard used the cross piece for his sword; as we also saw in MOF he can`t kill Dracula and should be a (Human/not vampire/whatever the reason is) Belmont....

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Source pls?

Haven't you been following Cox's tweets about LOS2?

I thought it was common knowledge around here by now, but maybe you missed it...

Here
https://twitter.com/CastlevaniaLOS/status/311013685730627584

Someone asked what became of the combot cross piece that Alucard found and Cox said "that will become a sword".

Obviously its the sword Alucard is seen wielding.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I wish they explained why the Combat Cross is the only thing that can kill Gabriel, unless they planned on elaborating on it in LoS2. There have been no hints whatsoever or clues pointing toward his original weapon being the only thing that can destroy him.

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Yep read the interview hinting at Zobek "Death Battle" and weapon customization and exploration and possibly Alucard DLC. And I agree it is the most indepth interview so far.

By the way you guys I played the demo and its really good. However I hope the void sword beefs up in power throughout the game because its seriously weak right now I just use to gain health and then rely on the badass fire fists and whip. Actually I don't know if the telport is super necessary since the dash mechanic is pretty awesome and I worry telport will make the game is easy. I think if they do grant it should be super late in game kinda of like Devil May Cry 3 and 4 use of the telport.

I could see dash evolving into a dash teleport later into the game.