Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406120 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I wonder if Gabriel is in Slytherin or Gryffindor.

Gryffindor, I'd say. Gabriel is a Gryffindor. Even as Dracula I don't think he's really sleazy and snake enough to by Slytherin. he's fucking evil, but still got that courage and personality of a Gryffindor. Now Satan, would be a Slytherin. And I'm NOT saying that just because of Jason Isaacs.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I see the subweapon d-pad thing is back.

Oh man, pleeease let the blood vomit be a subweapon. Please.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Somehow I doubt that.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I know, but it'd be an amazing way to taunt enemies during a battle.

guillotine - buzzsaw - ground pound - switch to Void Sword - *HUUUUUUURK* - stab disgusted and appalled vampire.

As for the chandelier platforming, it looks like Gabe is doing the plank-balancing thing on top of them. If you look closely, you can see some have one board, and some have two so you can go in four directions. It's way snappier, anyway, which is really good. I wonder how much freedom you have to jump from a spot you're tethered to, though.

Also of note is that the demoing guy shows you can fall from the higher-up places to the ground and not have to re-spawn or take fall damage. That's good, because this annoyed the piss out of me in the first two games. (And the N64 games, actually.)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
part of the open world thing i reckon

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Gryffindor, I'd say. Gabriel is a Gryffindor. Even as Dracula I don't think he's really sleazy and snake enough to by Slytherin. he's fucking evil, but still got that courage and personality of a Gryffindor. Now Satan, would be a Slytherin. And I'm NOT saying that just because of Jason Isaacs.

If we must reason in Hogwarts terms:

Gabriel is a former Gryffindor prefect, expelled from of his own house against his will. He takes refuge in Slytherin, adopting its way of life and climbing up to its highest ranks, all the while swearing revenge against those who expulsed him, as he believes himself to be guiltless.

Wouldn't that be a more appealing explanation?
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Not really, because you don't change houses.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
Okay, I just glance over this every once in a while to catch up on LoS2 news.........

...but how the HELL did Harry Potter get in here?? And why is it actually persisting in conversation?! o_O

It's like the 90's came back and it's suddenly fanfic.net in here.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
...but how the HELL did Harry Potter get in here?? And why is it actually persisting in conversation?! o_O
Rugal started it.
...And then Flame ran with it. :P
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
It was an interesting thought

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
If we must reason in Hogwarts terms:

Gabriel is a former Gryffindor prefect, expelled from of his own house against his will. He takes refuge in Slytherin, adopting its way of life and climbing up to its highest ranks, all the while swearing revenge against those who expulsed him, as he believes himself to be guiltless.

Wouldn't that be a more appealing explanation?

I disagree with this. As he is an adult and not in school, he is more an Auror (spelling?) who went  after practitioners of the dark arts like the Death Eaters. However, during he quest, he falls deeper and deeper into darkness eventually becoming a Death Eater himself.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
This cosplay.. man.. MAAAN

I'm.. speechless.

Now I want a movie. Someone hire this woman.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
Not really, because you don't change houses.
Technicalities, just technicalities.

I disagree with this. As he is an adult and not in school, he is more an Auror (spelling?) who went  after practitioners of the dark arts like the Death Eaters. However, during he quest, he falls deeper and deeper into darkness eventually becoming a Death Eater himself.
Bah. What else was I supposed to say? Rugal's question pertained to Gryffindor and Slytherin. Though I'll admit that I like your idea.

It was an interesting thought
Yup. Interesting. No more, no less. (Although Rugal could have picked something slightly more CV-related.)  ;D

This cosplay.. man.. MAAAN

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/318/b/c/gabrielbelmont_by_gabbyleithsceal-d6ual8q.jpg

I'm.. speechless.

Now I want a movie. Someone hire this woman.
Impressive. I've gotten so used to the generalized sex appeal of female cosplayers that this one came to me as a shock.

Anyhow, I'm all for a movie. I've always been. Even Hymn of Blood didn't quite cut it for me.
Though Lords of Shadow would probably make for a great film...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:19:07 PM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4318 on: November 15, 2013, 03:12:42 PM »
+1
Lords of Shadow is pretty much a Hollywood director's take on the saga. LoS is the game of the movie.

I've never watch a Harry Potter film.

Rob Carlyle is a good Dracula, yes, but I feel this guy did it way better

21. Curse of Darkness- Dracula

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well look who came crawling back? :)

What are your takes on LOS2 so far since your last appearance?