Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406566 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Man... I don't think Curse of Darkness is even in the same league as Lords of Shadow.

LOS has Patrick Stewart...
So does Robin Hood: Men in Tights. What's the point?

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Well yes, of course british, irish or scottish. It's supossed to be in Europe.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I still believe the LoS series doesn't take place in Romania, but some undisclosed nation in an alternate fantasy version of Europe. And by all means, it doesn't have to take place in Romania. If they were given enough leeway to do their own thing, it COULD be set in any country they choose, even the British Isles. It doesn't follow actualy history, it doesn't follow Bram Stoker's novel, and doesn't even follow the original canon. I think it has enough room to establish itself anyway it wants. As long as it doesn't go the Blade Trinity route, saying Dracula was an ancient Roman warrior, we're fine.

Though, what you said did make me laugh, as I recalled watching the "Everything Wrong With" CinameSin video for "Les Misérables", and recalled the guy pointing out that it's odd that a despite being set in France, everybody speaks with an English accent(even the American actors). That also made me think of movies like Troy, Clash of the Titans(remake) and Gladiator, where the majority speak with English accents, even the scattered American actors convert to speaking in English accents(and some are pretty bad).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 03:59:38 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Except it isn't in Europe at all.

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
So do we think the next time we will get new info is at VGX (Rebranded VGAs)?

We need more leaks, I want to hear about powers and transformations.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I'm sad that they never got Crispin Freeman to actually voice Dracula proper. He voiced Mathias, but never Dracula.

Why Konami.
Well, he was the voice of Hector in CoD. He is a great voice actor and if the 1999 game was ever made in the old cannon, I'd probably choose him as the voice of Dracula.

I also love him as the voice of Alucard in the Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate series. Now those are 2 great animes (ultimate is much better though and is actually faithful to the manga, which was also great).
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4341 on: November 16, 2013, 07:39:08 PM »
So do we think the next time we will get new info is at VGX (Rebranded VGAs)?

We need more leaks, I want to hear about powers and transformations.

Bergaron mentioned that his sources say there's gonna be a surprise in December and VGX is also in December. Since GT and Konami are such good buddies, a new trailer for LOS2 should be a sure thing.

Plus the VGX is suppose to be 3 hours this time and they're also including live demo's too. So there's a good chance that we might finally get to see more of the castle and hopefully the city (which they HAVE to show soon since it's a major setting of the game and they can't hide it forever).

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
It would too reminiscent of Alucard (from anime :P)
That's the point.

He already voiced Pre-Dracula anyway, they could have gone the full 9 yards and made the trivia link
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
That's the point.

He already voiced Pre-Dracula anyway, they could have gone the full 9 yards and made the trivia link

So what in your opinion would've happened in MMZX3?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
So what in your opinion would've happened in MMZX3?
That's very out of the blue...

I suppose Vent/Aile and Grey/Ashe would take on Master Thomas, who takes over the plan to "reset" the world. Dunno where they wanted to go from ZXA. (obviously they wanted to lead up to legends, but still)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 05:35:25 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
So here is some food for thought.
@gortaithe In CastlevaniaLOS 2 would you consider the Brotherhood and the Belmont clan a separate faction?

Dave Cox ‏@CastlevaniaLOS No. So your next question should be are the Brotherhood a force for good or not...and therefore are the Belmont's good or not?
‏@gortaithe oh hoho! the answer lies in shades of grey i'm afraid. could Gabriel's reoccurring dark moods have anything to do with it?

Dave Cox‏@CastlevaniaLOS- There is no black and white only shades of grey...good people can do bad things and bad people good...

Interesting implications first of all that Brotherhood and Belmonts are one faction. Belmonts may be the current leaders of brotherhood post MOF or the top fighters or generals. Hopefully that doesn't mean the Golden Paladin is a Belmont :P. Also that this shades of grey meaning the Brotherhood and Belmont conflict between Dracula may not be so simple.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
From the start the Brotherhood were some shady fuckers.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Another question who built the brotherhood  :o after MOF. Simon Belmont said in MOF that after Trevor Belmont didn't return (i.e) failed Dracula wiped out the brotherhood and none survived. Which means it is possible that Simon or one of his descendant rebuilt the brotherhood.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Maybe Dracul destroyed only one fortress while others were not attacked

Offline kadosho

• Hunter in Training
    • D-toid -Gaming for Robots
    • Awards
Oh the webs the Belmont's weaved over the centuries. Tied in history, dark times, and even more desperate moments in humanity.

Curious though the LoS team will wrap up this tremendous arc (or open a pathway to even more territory they can cross).
Come to think of it, LoS's data format crossed 2 GD's and one BR. Curious how much more content they might be capable of in LoS2.

VGX? Oh the Video Game Awards rebranded, read about that recently. Hmm I wonder what Konami might have in store. Maybe even have a Q&A with the team staff and some of the voice cast?

anything