Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406396 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Merged "Mechs In Castlevania: LoS2?" with this topic.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Looks like the Brotherhood is getting an upgrade  :o. Wonder if Victor ultimate form will be mecha :P

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I could imagine Jehuty just randomly flying in like "Sup gaiz"

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
wow, well one could expect that. The story is in the ''future'' mostly and Satan must have influences in all layers of society including cops so Dracul will like ''faq da polees'' lol.

Maybe there will not be a Mecha Victor, but maybe he is from the military or something.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
WTF is MS thinking!? Mechs don't belong in CV. I don't care who currently has the reins!!!! I could see tanks, S.W.A.T. teams, special forces. But, not mechs. This isn' Metal Gear Solid nor is it Gundam. Leave the mechs in the series they belong to.

On another note, titan fights SUCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!
Behold my power and tremble

Offline soma555

• Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4415 on: December 03, 2013, 09:22:34 AM »
Not funny, not neccesary.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:46:39 AM by Nagumo »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
In other news, the next Castlevania reboot after LoS brings in magitek androids to the mix. :P
Seriously though, the tech here is supposed to be equivalent to our tech, right? Are we even capable of that yet?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
we are very capable of that tech, but not for any practical use, yet

Positron Rifle in AoS

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
That was not expected but it's niiiiceee. Gimme the mechs. See? This is how you position a game in an age, not with skeletons motorcycles.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4419 on: December 03, 2013, 10:20:07 AM »
Well to be fair, it does seem that in the LOS universe is more technically advanced. Frankenstein's lab had tesla coils around despite them mot being invented 800 years later, the Toymaker's domain could pass as a modern funfair (if it were run by Ted Bundy) and the siege titan looks like it belongs in the 19th century steampunk era.

I have no problem with mechs in the game. But I do get the feeling that they are gonna be serious damage sponges. :(

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
There have been mechas in many CV games, frankensteins, eligor, iron golem, guys with chainsaws in their arms, some golems. Also biological engineering with the forgotten one and many many other examples. Dracul will be in a city in modern times, not in a medieval castle hidden in an eclipse also in moderns times, in aria of sorrow the year was 2035 but they were almost isolated from technology. Expect gunfire and even maybe cyborgs. I dunno, I just like LOS saga a lot.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
A mech is not okay in a modern day setting...  But the tin man in 1797 is okay because....

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Whats the big hubub over mechs? Its modern day. At least it DOES something with the setting, outside of some missable optional weapons *cough AoS*
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4423 on: December 03, 2013, 02:30:37 PM »
A better look.

Thanks, I been trying to find this image to see what all the fuss is about!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
mercurysteam is just using the mech as practice for their Contra reboot