Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406207 times)

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Think about how the anime 'Hellsing' happens. Starts with secrecy and then it's an ask out world war. That's what's happening here. They're trying to show that Dracula is very powerful where he doesn't need superhumans with whips holding down the feud as a secret. I mean, there is 'demon castle 'wars'' that was supposed to be like it but unfortunately it didn't happen. This is all appropriate if it is done right. I'm kinda glad it isn't a stereotypical thing that Castlevania does with all the "I raid your Castle, I kill you and nobody will know".

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
If Castlevania City is going to look how I think it's going to look, it's going to be a big bundle of modern-gothic awesomeness.

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
If Castlevania City is going to look how I think it's going to look, it's going to be a big bundle of modern-gothic awesomeness.

Probably pretty much like The Crow or Burton's version of Gotham City.  I wonder what the name of the city is and what country is it in?  I'm assuming Transylvania but I don't know if we even got a clear answer in the first LoS game regarding that.

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
Uh, this isn't new, it's was shown in trailers and in the demo. Also, they don't show much to avoid spoilers (like they did with MoF), and we saw a little bit of the city in the E3 video (during the interviews before the trailer).

1. I have seen all the trailers, they have shown maybe 2-3 secs of an alley and the church.
2. A CG trailer doesn't count, I'm talking about gameplay. What you see in the trailer is a grey smoke teleport.
3. What he does in the demo isn't mist. Think of what Laura does in the DLC, that is mist.
4. If I am wrong please shoe me where there is mist.

Thanks!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
1. I have seen all the trailers, they have shown maybe 2-3 secs of an alley and the church.
Watch the E3 show, they show (in the background) city stuff, such as Old Drac vs a werewolf, IIRC.

2. A CG trailer doesn't count, I'm talking about gameplay. What you see in the trailer is a grey smoke teleport.
3. What he does in the demo isn't mist. Think of what Laura does in the DLC, that is mist.
Well, I thought it was a sort of mist. Gabriel teleports in a cloud of dark red mist, when he falls from the Titan for example (not playable).

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
Watch the E3 show, they show (in the background) city stuff, such as Old Drac vs a werewolf, IIRC.
Well, I thought it was a sort of mist. Gabriel teleports in a cloud of dark red mist, when he falls from the Titan for example (not playable).

It's cool. I just wish they would show a bit more. They have talked about how cool it is to play as Dracula, I feel like they should show it.

I know they keep story details secret, they did it with LOS1 and MOF, but I have a sinking feeling a delay could happen. They have about 2 months left of development before going gold and into production. Hopefully it doesn't happen, been waiting forever already.

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I'm curious if this game is going to take up two discs on the 360 as the original did?  I hope it's longer than LoS especially since it's going to be a Metroidvania.  I want TONS of secrets and areas to explore.  I would be so stoked if it's comparable to SotN or even Curse of Darkness but I doubt that.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
especially since it's going to be a Metroidvania.

Get ready for disappointment...

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Get ready for disappointment...

Well, I thought that's what they were saying plus the map display.  They said it was going to allow for exploration and be seemless, with no levels.  So, I'm just curious, by saying that are you just not expecting a Metroidvania or do you actually know it's not going to be anything like that?  Because while I had my doubts, I'm really hoping for at somewhat of a SotN style of gameplay.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
I'm curious if this game is going to take up two discs on the 360 as the original did?  I hope it's longer than LoS especially since it's going to be a Metroidvania.  I want TONS of secrets and areas to explore.  I would be so stoked if it's comparable to SotN or even Curse of Darkness but I doubt that.

They never said it was going to be a Metroidvania. They only said open-world.

And I agree, there better be tons of secrets, side quests, etc. And for an alternate costume idea, maybe even LoS1 Gabriel would be cool. AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, MAKE AN ALUCARD MODE.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
They never said it was going to be a Metroidvania. They only said open-world.

And I agree, there better be tons of secrets, side quests, etc. And for an alternate costume idea, maybe even LoS1 Gabriel would be cool. AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, MAKE AN ALUCARD MODE.

By Metroidvania, I was mainly referring to the exploration aspect.  I know there's not going to be any RPG elements.  I'm just assuming all this because of what I read and the map display.  I'm really hoping we get a lot to explore and a lot of secrets.  So far, the game is looking great.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Metroidvania implies a very specific mazelike open world.

Super Metroid,
Every CV game SoTN-OoE
Megaman Zero
Megaman ZX and ZXA

LoS2's open world is more likely to be similar to Arkham City.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, MAKE AN ALUCARD MODE.
Who needs an Alucard mode? Gabriel has a sword, and pretty much the same powers. It'd be repetitive IMO.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, MAKE AN ALUCARD MODE.
You know it's coming... as DLC

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Alucard and Victor mode would be great. Why not both in the same mode, pull a modern day Dracula's Curse?