Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406230 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

technically, Trevor is actually Dracula

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I'm curious if this game is going to take up two discs on the 360 as the original did?  I hope it's longer than LoS especially since it's going to be a Metroidvania.  I want TONS of secrets and areas to explore.  I would be so stoked if it's comparable to SotN or even Curse of Darkness but I doubt that.
Lords of Shadow made it a point to stray as far away from Metroidvania as it possibly could. I don't think its sequel will change that.

Alucard and Victor mode would be great. Why not both in the same mode, pull a modern day Dracula's Curse?
Not a good idea. LoS2 is Dracula's game; let's keep it that way.

Incidentally, even if it was a viable option, there's only so much variety an Alucard mode could bring to the game. Past his iconic swordplay, a few iconic abilities, and his good looks, there's little Alucard can achieve that his father can't emulate. More importantly, the game's plot would literally have to bend over backwards to accommodate for Alucard's own character. Which also means that a Victor mode won't be seeing daylight any time soon.

technically, Trevor is actually Dracula
And... how exactly did this happen?  :-\
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Lords of Shadow made it a point to stray as far away from Metroidvania as it possibly could. I don't think its sequel will change that.

No doubt about that.  But, didn't they say they had listened to complaints about the first game, one of which being people said it didn't feel like Castlevania?  I'm assuming this is going to be a bit more "Metroidvania" because they have said it is open world (I know 'Vania and open world are not exactly the same) and there's a map hud now which closely resembles a Metroidvania map.  So, like they said, they'll be no more stages instead being able to explore the castle and the surrounding city.

Edit: Just to clarify again, when I say Metroidvania, I'm referring to the exploration/open-world nature of those games, not the RPG elements which I know won't be part of LoS2.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:58:07 AM by Darkweaver »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
If anything it's going to be a Zeldavania from the looks of it

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)

Hasn't D. Cox said he would like to work on a zelda game?

I think this is exactly what we will see and I welcome that.

I enjoy Zelda games(non motion control ones) and I enjoyed both Darksiders games.

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards

I'd have absolutely no problem with that.  I love Blood Omen (and the whole LoK series) and from the few hours of playing it, Darksiders although I didn't like the amount of puzzles the latter had.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

And... how exactly did this happen?  :-\
If you know the origins of the name, and what Gabe actually calls himself, it should be more obvious.

hint: Gabe Calls himself Dracul, not Dracula.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

And this is no problem. Anyways what have I missed?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
And this is no problem. Anyways what have I missed?

Yup, if it's Zelda-like that will be seriously awesome.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Yup, if it's Zelda-like that will be seriously awesome.

your new huh hi. I've been out of the loop here for awhile seems no one missed me  :'( Goes into corner depressed.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
your new huh hi. I've been out of the loop here for awhile seems no one missed me  :'( Goes into corner depressed.

Well hello there to you too. :)

I'm "kinda" new here.  I registered in 2010 and made a couple posts back then but here I am again.  I think I once belonged to either this Castlevania forum or another many years ago, maybe even as long as a decade ago, but I can't remember to be honest.

Edit: To answer my own question, my first post here in 2010 states that I used to post here even before that so I guess I'm actually an old-timer.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 03:54:18 PM by Darkweaver »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
before it's a zeldavania it's a godofvania and a bit collosivania but still coxlevania because igavania and metrovania is gone but perhaps pikminvania minigame is in order

why not just call it "castlevania" guys

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
before it's a zeldavania it's a godofvania and a bit collosivania but still coxlevania because igavania and metrovania is gone but perhaps pikminvania minigame is in order

why not just call it "castlevania" guys

Saying 'Castlevania' could mean either the linear games or the exploration based ones.  I'm not a fan of the term 'Metroidvania' but it helps define the type of Castlevania game that is more open world and based on exploration.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
they're all stupid pointless terms, really

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
It gets the point through, so it'll continue to be used.