Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406060 times)

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
It gets the point through, so it'll continue to be used.

Exactly.  But if makes everyone happy, I could just say 'exploration-based Castlevania'.

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
Looks like we could hear some stuff soon. Check out this post on CHUD.

http://www.chud.com/community/t/149722/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2

"A bit early yet, but I have a press junket type thing on Tuesday in NYC to play more of the game, and interview Dave Cox. Anything you guys want answered, I'm all ears, all weekend."

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Looks like we could hear some stuff soon. Check out this post on CHUD.

http://www.chud.com/community/t/149722/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2

"A bit early yet, but I have a press junket type thing on Tuesday in NYC to play more of the game, and interview Dave Cox. Anything you guys want answered, I'm all ears, all weekend."

Thanks for sharing that.  Will look in on that thread after Tuesday.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
You don't have to make everyone happy, Darkweaver, I was just making an observation

Someone should ask Cox why the limited edition set with that tomb & all that stuff is only limited to Europe? I'll import it regardless, but it's still an inconvenience

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Would Daksiders count as a Zeldavania? Especially since War is a complete rip off of Link abilitywise.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Flame how good are you at Rockman Xover? Do you like the new armors?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Would Daksiders count as a Zeldavania? Especially since War is a complete rip off of Link abilitywise.

Yup

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Flame how good are you at Rockman Xover? Do you like the new armors?
I despise Xover and all that it stands for and hope Capcom burns.

I like the Over designs though. Shame they are wasted on that pile of garbage.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I do love LoS2's Soundtrack so far. The inclusion of more modern instrumentation and arrangements really makes the difference. Combat 1 and 2 are amazing.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 07:14:25 PM by Flame »

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Scroogy ass Dracula

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
You know at first I was surprised there was no Castlevania trailer for VGX. But I think it was better they didn't do it because last year presentation of trailer wasn't so great especially with Ozzy Osbourne's kid. Anyway I don't want a trailer I just want some gameplay footage.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
You know at first I was surprised there was no Castlevania trailer for VGX. But I think it was better they didn't do it because last year presentation of trailer wasn't so great especially with Ozzy Osbourne's kid. Anyway I don't want a trailer I just want some gameplay footage.

This year the new VGX have a "strange" format (Late night show), many companies did not come to display their products or showed only a hint.

Really, the only thing company had to show as much as possible in these VGX was Nintendo and puuf ... I hope they know what they are doing. Because or Nintengo launch 6 AAA+ games in the next eight months or PS4 and XBONE begin receiving good games and then goodbye.

Not very politically correct, uncomfortable questions (WTF Mega64's show after interviewing the CEO Nintendo America, Reggie regretted attend), too much attention was diverted from the trailers ... that is not the way.

In the next month many companies will present their trailers loneliest one way or press conferences to attract more attention. You know the hype of a trailer does not last more one week, so you better do it solo to get attention. VGX really anyone remember the "quantum of break"? Only three things last long in the memory of people several days "witcher 3", "TitanFall", "Joel Banderas"
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
I wouldn't worry bout Nintendo. They always have exclusives in their pocket and decent third party content.
Sony and Microsoft on the other hand have largely lost me and many others in the last two generations due to largely derivative libraries and most of the good games coming out on PC.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Nintendo's VGX announcement was awkward and terrible.

anything