Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406694 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I wouldn't worry bout Nintendo. They always have exclusives in their pocket and decent third party content.
Sony and Microsoft on the other hand have largely lost me and many others in the last two generations due to largely derivative libraries and most of the good games coming out on PC.
I wouldn't too. As the Wii U is dead already, there's no need to keep hope for it.

And the last third party exclusive it does have is Bayonetta 2. No one wants to make games for it.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I'm pretty sure sony and Microsoft just had record breaking launches on their consoles. Whoever these lost fans are, they apparently are being more than made up for.

If Nintendo doesn't figure something out, it won't be long before Mario makes his way over to the playstation store.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I haven't seen anyone post them, so here they are the official game case covers:
PS3
(click to show/hide)
XBOX360
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:31:35 AM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4488 on: December 09, 2013, 05:22:37 AM »
According to Cox, we're getting new info on the game this week (possibly today even).

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4489 on: December 09, 2013, 08:46:37 AM »
According to Cox, we're getting new info on the game this week (possibly today even).
I did hear the latest issue of Game Informer has a nice review about LOS2 and they described some of the new Dracula`s abilities: Mist Form, Bat Summoning, Blood Blades that are thrown like daggers, and Glamoring. Relics Powers that allows Dracula to turning into a dragon after collecting dragon scales, etc... But i haven`t see it. if some one find it can please post it?...

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4490 on: December 09, 2013, 09:02:42 AM »
i am excite ;D

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4491 on: December 09, 2013, 09:12:05 AM »
I did hear the latest issue of Game Informer has a nice review about LOS2 and they described some of the new Dracula`s abilities: Mist Form, Bat Summoning, Blood Blades that are thrown like daggers, and Glamoring. Relics Powers that allows Dracula to turning into a dragon after collecting dragon scales, etc... But i haven`t see it. if some one find it can please post it?...
:o

My body is ready.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4492 on: December 09, 2013, 10:20:18 AM »

That sounds lovely. If someone finds it please post.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I don't have the full article, but I do have some small pieces of info from it.
One of the relics is called Stolas' Clock, which works just like the stopwatch. Another is called The Seal of Alastor, which when activated grants Dracula all of his abilities at once for a short period of time. More namedropping from past games at least, unless we actually encounter those demons.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #4494 on: December 09, 2013, 11:20:05 AM »

I have a subscription but it usually doesn't arrive until the middle of the month.  I doubt it's a review, although, since GI usually doesn't review games that early before they come out especially since LoS2 is two months away.

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4495 on: December 09, 2013, 12:02:55 PM »
I have a subscription but it usually doesn't arrive until the middle of the month.  I doubt it's a review, although, since GI usually doesn't review games that early before they come out especially since LoS2 is two months away.

He probably just accidentally left out the 'p' in 'preview'.
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
Review, Preview, i don`t know, most likelly the to be 2nd. That`s just what i saw looking around the web... as i said: I haven`t see it. but it sopossed to be on the page 75 of the fisical version, i don`t know about the digital one.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Review, Preview, i don`t know, most likelly the to be 2nd. That`s just what i saw looking around the web... as i said: I haven`t see it. but it sopossed to be on the page 75 of the fisical version, i don`t know about the digital one.
Review is the one with a score.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I just got my issue of Game Informer, which is odd since it usually comes around the middle of the month.

It is a preview, not a review.  I haven't had chance to read it yet but it shows some new screenshots, one of them being Dracula's Dragon Form, which looks awesome.  When I've had chance to read it, I'll update you more.

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Okay, I looked it over.  It's only one page.

Some highlights:

- Mist Form allows Dracula to phase through enemies, dodge enemy attacks and pass certain barriers.
- Stealth sections.
- Dracula has no bat form, but can summon bats to distract enemies and glamor them.
- Charming enemies to take control of them.
- Dragon Form.  Details on this are scarce.
- Dracula can use his own blood to manifest his blood whip and can also use it to summon projectile daggers.
- Seal of Alastor unlocks every skill for for each of Dracula's weapons temporarily.
- Stolas' Clock can be used to slow enemies and gain an experience point boost for each attack.