Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406196 times)

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Just like how some people wouldn't wanna see a racing minigame

Or a fighting game...

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Now that I have been thinking about it after playing almost all of the MGS games and from what I've gathered from the MGSV trailers, Big Boss is... Dracula. The guy had good intentions but had his loved one taken away like Mathias/Gabriel, got betrayed a lot like Gabriel, Got his ass whooped a lot by the his enemies and came back from several comas like the resurrection cycle of Dracula. I played Peace Walker and thought about something they should do in the future games or should've done. Dracula has resurrected several times right? Lets just say he doesn't resurrect his Castle, decorates it and summons various armies and creatures by snapping his fingers. What if he was weak like modern day Gabriel weak and had to do lots of things in order to resurrect his castle such as take over small mansions, churches and then gained some powers from his experience and then resurrect the dead from the churches he took over and summon minions for tasks such as rebuilding the Castle to Magic Researching to Armies to Weapons forge. Minions would range from not just creatures to various undead but they would all be unique even within their races. And it doesn't just end there because different Dark Lords are competing against Dracula to gain power and you much teach them that YOU ARE THE ABSOLUTE POWAH!!!! This would take place around 1800s where the disappearance of Belmonts took place and now you know why...
Castlevacraft?

Or a fighting game...
I remeber Cox saying a couple of times LOS combat system was also inspired by fighting games.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:01:25 PM by Asgardwolf »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
A fighting game would be cool if done right. I still think Judgment should have been 4 players though. (And obviously with a different character designer but that goes without saying at this point.)

Actually, Judgment could have been amazing if it were 4 player and across all Konami games. Konami Krazy Fistikuffs?

That's the thing, to each their own man. While some may accept the idea of espionage & Dracula hiding from his enemies, others just don't feel that type of gameplay belongs. Just like how some people wouldn't wanna see a racing minigame thrown in but others may not mind it

Yeah, I'd say it just doesn't belong. I honestly can't think of a single non-stealth game containing a stealth section I enjoyed.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:07:23 PM by Munchy »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
If there weren't people "bitching" on these forums, this topic would turn into some "masturbatory" place for Flame, Ahasverus, Docta Mario, etc to praise LoS for everything it did to the franchise and how Iga sucked and shit... and without these guys, the topic would be a infinite black hole of hate and negativism coming from guys like me and others.

Diferent point of views are pretty important part of forums. Even extreme ones. Deal with it guys.

EDITED.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:02:26 PM by Maedhros »

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
If there weren't people "bitching" on these forums, this topic would turn into some "masturbatory" place for Flame, Ahasverus, Docta Mario, etc to praise LoS for everything it did to the franchise and how Iga sucked and shit...

Diferent point of views are pretty important part of forums. Even extreme ones. Deal with it guys.

HAHA! Nobody is trying to silence you. Just wait until the game comes out to insult gameplay mechanics that may or may not be important.... people have such strong opinions on shit they know nothing about.

I have never seen anyone in these forums praise everything Mercurysteam does. Calm yourselves IGA fanboys... I might even join you in complaining about the stealth... once more info or the game itself comes out first.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
It's just speculations, mayne. I like discussing things when its just fun and games. I don't like flame however... N-No-N-Not y-you, dungeonite. You're alright.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
HAHA! Nobody is trying to silence you. Just wait until the game comes out to insult gameplay mechanics that may or may not be important.... people have such strong opinions on shit they know nothing about.

I have never seen anyone in these forums praise everything Mercurysteam does. Calm yourselves IGA fanboys... I might even join you in complaining about the stealth... once more info or the game itself comes out first.

That's cute, because I don't give a shit about Iga or any other name associated with games. I'm not playing a director, I'm playing games. If it's not good, you betcha I'll complain about the problems I see.

About stealth, we're just speculating right now. There's no way to know if it'll be good or not, but based on their past, I can get worried.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
As others have said thr Forgotten ONe part of LoS was 100% stealth, however it was annoying, but it might be because of the not so stellar platfforming controls. I have faith in this title because it's ambitious (the most ambitious Castlevania ever without a doubt) and they've had a lot of time of polishing, I mean, they game was finished like 3 months ago, all this time is polishing time, it needs to be perfect or as close as it might be on itself. I seriously don't think that with all the time in the world MS had let their magnum opus being drag to the ground by some stupid decisions.

About the stealth, I'm hoping for less MGS stealth and more Batman stealth.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
About the stealth, I'm hoping for less MGS stealth and more Batman stealth.

Yeah, Batman stealth is what would really fit in the game.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
That's the thing, to each their own man. While some may accept the idea of espionage & Dracula hiding from his enemies, others just don't feel that type of gameplay belongs. Just like how some people wouldn't wanna see a racing minigame thrown in but others may not mind it

Now lets stop this endless debate and give me a fucking kiss already *unloosens bowtie*

You have no idea how much I want to see an "Akumajō Dracula Kāto" racing game. *puckers lips*

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
If there weren't people "bitching" on these forums, this topic would turn into some "masturbatory" place for Flame, Ahasverus, Docta Mario, etc to praise LoS for everything it did to the franchise and how Iga sucked and shit...
hey now...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
And now, ladies and gentlemen, it's time for crisis to explain just why he's upvoted 17 posts in a row...
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
hey now...
I liked the part about masturbating.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
There's so much mass turbulence in this thread. All of us act like that we're master debaters.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Nobody is bitching here. Everybody can give whatever critique they want. Let's get back to discussing the game itself, instead of insulting each other.