Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406285 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I liked the part about masturbating.

I make one post discussing the merits of Symphony of the Night, and all of a sudden I get left out.

Why can't I be masturbatory?

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Take it as a compliment. You've now been inducted into the "infinite black hole of hate". Welcome to the club.  ;D

Masturbatory considerations aside, though, Maedhros's point is rather sound.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Lords of Shadow is a terrible addition to Castlevania.

;)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

;)

You're a Funny Guy..
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 10:46:43 PM by e105beta »

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
I make one post discussing the merits of Symphony of the Night, and all of a sudden I get left out.

I think that was Maedhros' way of saying he wants to watch me take advantage of myself. xD

;)

Where is the LOL button like they have on SRK? xD

So I was playing the LoS2 demo again last night and damn if I'm not even more lookin forward to this game. I'm really hoping I'm right that they intentionally played it safe with LoS1 and are going to stretch out a bit more in LoS2.

Either way, I just 110%ed LoS1 tonight. All the chapters, even the DLC, got all the art and everything. I don't have much more to do in MoF and I'll be ready to tackle LoS2!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Just a theory: What if the Castle Siege was in fact the final chronological chapter of the medieval era of LoS2? (Dracula has all his powers, and loses them against the Paladin and Alucard after crushing down the titan.)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Just a theory: What if the Castle Siege was in fact the final chronological chapter of the medieval era of LoS2? (Dracula has all his powers, and loses them against the Paladin and Alucard after crushing down the titan.)

I'm not entirely sure, though it does make a little sense. But the opening cutscene to the Castle Siege is definitely a game-opening cutscene. Plus, I don't think he'd have cutscenes to introduce the weapons to us if we've already seen them previously.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I'm not entirely sure, though it does make a little sense. But the opening cutscene to the Castle Siege is definitely a game-opening cutscene. Plus, I don't think he'd have cutscenes to introduce the weapons to us if we've already seen them previously.
You missed a word. I mean chronologically, not gameplay-wise. See:

Game
1 Castle Siege (tuto)
2 Old Drac in Modern Times + Flashbacks in the past

Plot
1 Gabriel in the past (finding his weapons)
2 Castle Siege
3 Old Drac in Modern Times

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I like the Darksiders 2 soundtrack. The ''Dead'' areas have cool electronic music. I'd like that kind of arrangements in LOS2 calm or serene areas or situations. Also ''Death'' voice actor was great and Carlyle on Drac is in that level of coolness

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
At the end of the LOS2 demo you can read Dracula will be back weakened from his battle with Simon and Alucard, It makes think the Castle Siege is taking place at the same time of the MOF (Simon/Alucard) events and after that final battle he got against them both he will not wake up until modern times.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4585 on: December 13, 2013, 01:31:22 PM »
Yeah I too am a tad confused on the exact timeline of events
I mean, the castle crumbles to pieces after Dracula is defeated by Simo y Alucard, but
then the castle siege takes place not soon after, the castle is still in tact
unless the castle siege takes place several decades after MoF, then i can see the castle re-emerging
but if it's immediately after then doth that mean the castle was also immediately rebuilt in record time?

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well, at the end of one of the trailers, we see Alucard with a sword. So, the siege has to be after MoF. It's likely that after the fight with Simon and Alucard, Gabriel recovered from the fight and the castle resurrected itself. For all we know, the siege took place decades, if not centuries, after MoF.

Keep in mind that according to the narration of the first stage in LoS1, it takes place in 1043 AD.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
1043 AD.

1047, actually.

Also, yeah, this game definitely takes place after MoF. There's no place in the timeline it could work being before or during, since as for the former, Alucard hadn't even awoken yet, and during, well... I'm pretty sure during the events of MoF, Drac was being his lazy ass self and just sitting in a chair all day.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I think that the castle siege was 100 years later after Simon and Alucard. Maybe when Drac awakens in modern times, he remembers just Simon and Alucard but later remembers other things. Also I think that once Cox tweeted that modern times Drac was a 100 years without lunch or dinner lol, something like that. All these doubts will be cleared until the game's release

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
So anyone read this months issue of gameinformer? I did and the dragon from looks really cool since dracula actually turns into one I thought it was just a thing of smoke. I'have to look at it again.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

anything