Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406144 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Oh right. Forgot about that.
Maybe they don't want players to play hide and seek as a bat.
It'd have been a bit dumb to put a bat form with all the plateforming. Alucard's act would be a piece of cake with a bat form.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Dracula Dragon Form

https://twitter.com/lorddracula1047

Dragon form or Goose form? Cause that looks like a plucked goose.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
It'd have been a bit dumb to put a bat form with all the plateforming. Alucard's act would be a piece of cake with a bat form.

In sure the platforming would've been adjusted accordingly to suit the new mechanic. Or bat form could use up a shitload of your magic bar.... Or something.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
GameInformer Preview. Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2. A Closer Look At Dracula's Vampiric Powers

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/castlevania_lords_of_shadow_2/b/ps3/archive/2013/12/16/a-closer-look-at-dracula-39-s-vampiric-powers.aspx

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Dope.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
So we'll actually be able to control our dragon. Neat.
All that's left to wonder about now is whether Drac's dragon form will be your generic "big mushroom" stomping machine, or whether it will have its own unique abilities. I'm hoping MS chooses the second option.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Holy shit. Stolas has for some reason always been my favorite enemy. Stolas is back more badass than ever!

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Maybe we have to defeat Stolas, Alastor and even a dragon to acquire those abilities. That would be great

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I'm going to lol when those of you that are expecting all these grandiose things will be utterly disappointed when it turns out it's not what you expected once the game's available. Same thing happened right before LoS1's release. There were some that enjoyed it for what it was, and there were many that hated it for what it wasn't. There were articles revealing a lot of random stuff about the gameplay and people would misinterpret things left and right, accurate or not. Same thing's gonna happen with LoS2, mark my words.

as for myself? I have no doubt it's gonna be a good game, but MercurySteam has pulled the classic "bait 'n switch" before and I'm not falling for it again, sorry. I'm keeping my expectations realistic.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 03:04:32 PM by crisis »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I'm going to lol when those of you that are expecting all these grandiose things will be utterly disappointed when it turns out it's not what you expected once the game's available. Same thing happened right before LoS1's release

as for myself? I have no doubt it's gonna be a good game, but MercurySteam has pulled the classic "bait 'n switch" before and I'm not falling for it again, sorry. I'm keeping my expectations realistic.
I'm expecting "Lords of Shadow 2", not "Christ is coming and is now a videogame - Carmilla's bouncy boobs special edition".

If that's what I get, another LoS, I'll be happy.

Everything comes full circle

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Dragon form or Goose form? Cause that looks like a plucked goose.

You're right. Except for the part where it doesn't look like a goose at all....

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Nah, looks like a straight-up goose head to me.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Where did you guys see that the Dragon would be controlable? Reading the article only confirms it'll be the same as the Dark Crystal.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 06:09:34 PM by Maedhros »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Dope.

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THEY MAKE A 2D CASTLEVANIA WITH THIS LEVEL OF ANIMATION

DAMMIT MERCURY STEAM ;___;

anything