Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406109 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4635 on: December 17, 2013, 07:05:36 AM »
+5

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: miley cyrus ^.^
« Reply #4636 on: December 17, 2013, 07:34:38 AM »

That pretty much sums it up. He didn't really lie, he just answered in a misleading way. Basically, we can't trust him because even when he tells the truth, it's usually misleading.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Mirror of fate's twist was pathetically predictable, but I can imagine the rage if he would've been honest.

OMG Guyz. Cox spoiled the game for everyone. Mercurysteam sux.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Mirror of fate's twist was pathetically predictable, but I can imagine the rage if he would've been honest.

They can't win on this forum, really.

In other news, the easiest difficulty is called Twilight Knight lolololol  ;D

Everything comes full circle

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
I think its been voiced before but guys I am getting worried. The game is coming out in three months and the lack of coverage is worrying.
Edit: What I mean is the lack of gameplay videos since summer.
Ray Bing ‏@bing_ray 7h
@CastlevaniaLOS when can we expect a new trailer if you don't mind my asking?
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More Expand
 Dave Cox ‏@CastlevaniaLOS 7h
@bing_ray - New year... But expect more than one :)
 Hide conversation  Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
More art

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
It's fanart but it's still nice.

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4642 on: December 17, 2013, 09:11:57 AM »
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
More art

LOL That thing was done in 10 minutes in Photoshop.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
LOL That thing was done in 10 minutes in Photoshop.
That`s not an official art. It`s a fan made, I think is from Ren the guy of the CV:LOS2 Facebook group.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THEY MAKE A 2D CASTLEVANIA WITH THIS LEVEL OF ANIMATION

DAMMIT MERCURY STEAM ;___;

Too bad the animation budget would be immense. Ugh, would have been so good.

You know what enrages me more?
(click to show/hide)

I HATE liars.

It's not a lie at all. Alucard himself even agrees.

"Trevor died a long time ago father. I am Alucard."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Cox is the only one to blame. Like you said, the twist is absurdly predictable and untasteful.

(click to show/hide)
It's not a lie at all. Alucard himself even agrees.

"Trevor died a long time ago father. I am Alucard."

(click to show/hide)

I like the games, really. But the story is killing me. I REALLY want the final game to be extremelly epic, and by the look of things, it's doing very well.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:19:35 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #4647 on: December 17, 2013, 11:35:35 AM »
That pretty much sums it up. He didn't really lie, he just answered in a misleading way. Basically, we can't trust him because even when he tells the truth, it's usually misleading.

:  to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
:  to create a false or misleading impression

... yeah.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I hope that he's a boss, and voiced by an awesome old British dude not yet cast in the game. Been waiting to see that crazy fucker again for a while; here's hoping they choose some more outlandish creatures to beat up. LoS1 amped that aspect up a little towards the end of the game, but not enough, really.

MercurySteam: Konaaaami!!! What did I tell you about leaving your PR campaigns to the last minute?
Konami: Aw, jeez, Dad's really sore at me now! Time to huff some more Dran-O!
*laugh track*

Don't worry guys, there's a Konami building in my neighborhood. I'll drive by, glaring at them menacingly, and they'll get the message then.

I said at the time, one of the things that MS was more superspoiler repented of MoF, have revealed much yet nothing "los2".

However even some videos reveal more, one in early January (probably the 10th) and another in February (no date).

More gameplay, the dragon, the toymaker and a surprise show more
There are only 10 weeks, it's nothing ... on the one hand I feel sorry in 10 weeks LoS is over, but then is exciting, begins a new adventure in Castlevania ...

"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Which is ridiculously contradictory in itself. So, Trevor died now and he's Alucard, yet he insists in calling Dracula his father, which he is supposedly not, considering that he was made by Dracula when he was Gabriel the human, which he's also not anymore because he's Dracula, yet Dracula calls him his son when he's dying, yet he's not his son... AAAUGH!

You're grossly exaggerating how complex it is to make an, IMO, very poor point.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThatManIsDead

It's a very, very common trope.

Sorry, no. He may not be called Trevor "because Dracula changed his name", but his motives are the same, his soul is the same, his clothing is the same, his voice is the same, he recognizes Gabriel/Dracula as his father, and Simon as his son, thus he's essentially Trevor.

Did anyone say we can't call him Trevor? Dracula calls him Trevor.

Also, whenever I see someone defending Cox "He's right, Trevor is not Alucard", I try reallly, really hard to not cry in fetal position. It seems like said person is trying too much to hide the truth from himself with semantic plays. I see the point. I understand the symbolics behind "Trevor dying and being reborn as a creature of the night, with nothing to lose anymore", but c'mon dudes?

Stow the drama for a second, will you? Nobody is saying "OMG TREVOR ISN'T ALUCARD IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, OR VICE VERSA. THEY ARE TWO DISTINCT BEINGS ORIGINATING FROM TWO SEPARATE SOURCES". The point is that Cox was running MoF's PR at the point of making that statement, and upon being asked the biggest spoiler of the game, chose no to spoil it and instead responded with what ultimately amounted to a very PR answer.

I don't get why people get so "Cox lied, people died" about it. Sure, he could have abstained from answering the question, but he didn't, and the answer works if you're not being flat out literal about it.