Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406038 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Similar to LoI's Crimson & Ebony Stones, LoS also has a McGuffin, the God/Devil Masks; "important" plot devices that are never mentioned again. Go figure.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Similar to LoI's Crimson & Ebony Stones, LoS also has a McGuffin, the God/Devil Masks; "important" plot devices that are never mentioned again. Go figure.
Yep, I come that comes back, with the lost soul, seriously wtf?
The idea of Death being human or beatable never sit with me, however the old series gave a good character with good moments (CoD is HIS game, really, steals the show) and if we can play in the rules of the universe in which Death can be killed, the old character is leaps and bounds above Zobek. He's equally as manipulative, but not as charismatic.
But they are similar somehow, in the sense that I'm always expecting the death battle in a Castlevania game as it's always the one you know will be familiar yet flexible, and developers have come up with great ideas, it's commonly the hardest too, it's the moment of the game when you say things are going down. In the same way, the Zobek fight is the one I'm most looking forward, i bet it will be spectacular.

And I hate him so bad.

Everything comes full circle

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
When I first beat LoS1, I was kind of disappointed that we didn't get to fight Zobek. Sure, we fought 3 of his necromancer underlings and a dracolich, but we never fought the lord of the dead ourselves. I mean yes we got to fight Satan, but that was just a re-hash of the Pan fight.

Let's just hope that if we fight Zobek in LoS2, it makes up for not fighting him in LoS1
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I wonder... What relic might Gabe get from Zobek if he were to kill him?

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
The idea of Death being human or beatable never sit with me, however the old series gave a good character with good moments (CoD is HIS game, really, steals the show) and if we can play in the rules of the universe in which Death can be killed, the old character is leaps and bounds above Zobek. He's equally as manipulative, but not as charismatic.
But they are similar somehow, in the sense that I'm always expecting the death battle in a Castlevania game as it's always the one you know will be familiar yet flexible, and developers have come up with great ideas, it's commonly the hardest too, it's the moment of the game when you say things are going down. In the same way, the Zobek fight is the one I'm most looking forward, i bet it will be spectacular.

And I hate him so bad.
Ah...
I think it's time for a good Zead - Zobek debate.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I wonder... What relic might Gabe get from Zobek if he were to kill him?

I've been thinking about that since the first game. But since we have no idea of what his combat abilities are, it's hard to say what ability Gabe will get outside of the ability to control reapers or open a passage between Earth and Heaven.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
What do you think will Zobek look like as the Lord of the Dead? In LoS 1 you could kind of see him in his Death Outfit though his face was covered by the Devil Mask that he was wearing. I guess this time around he won't wear a mask when he will transform (which is as good as certain if there is a fight which is also pretty certain to be honest). Do you think he will have a skull face just like the other Necromancers do with no skin whatsoever left or that he will have some skin left and thus resemble the Death from Dante's Inferno?

I guess due to the fact that this is a Castlevania game and due to the fact that many gamers moaned about the abundance of many classic Castlevania elements he will have a skull face. Do you think he will wield a scythe or do you think that he will simply use Magic just like he did in the chapter 12 cutscene in LoS 1? I assume he's going to wield a scythe, once again for above mentioned reasons. Though it would be nice if he would wear a better looking cloak than the very simple black cloak he was wearing in LoS 1. His Necromancer underlings had way more detailed cloaks. :P
If Zobek will become hostile at one point I wonder if we will have to fight Legion as a Boss before Zobek? Imagine a giant freakin' ball of zombies and corpses in the LoS universe... that would be awesome. Slogra might also make an appearance since he's a skeleton and thus fits the image of Undead that serve Zobek.
Or even better: Maybe a third form of Zobek (beside his human form and the Death form) will be said Legion form. Basically he will create a barrier around him and cover himself with a huge ball of Zombies. So in this universe Legion wouldn't be a tentacle ball cvered with Zombies but Zobek who is using these Zombies as a shield to protect himself. So when you destroy all the Zombies you can reach him and destroy his barrier and thus finish him off. It would be similiar to Cornell:
1. First you fight him in his human form where he uses his sword.
2. After that he transforms to the Lord of the Dead and his life bar refills again. He will use his skythe, use Magic spells (as did Death in some Metroidvania games as well) and summon small sickles.
3. Shortly before he dies he will create a green magical barrier (since he used green lightning in LoS 1 and since all of the Necromancers seem to use Magic spells with the colour green) and protect himself with the Zombies. His life bar will not fill up of course since you won't damage himself but rather destroy the shield of corpses. After that you cestroy the barrier with whatever power you hold and finish him off. Now that's how I would do that fight if I were the game designer responsible for this boss fight. What do you think of my idea and how would you imagine the Zobek boss fight?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:29:00 AM by Slit_Zurifa »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
7 pages of no news, jeez guys. I keep checking this thread everytime it's bumped too.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
7 pages of no news, jeez guys. I keep checking this thread everytime it's bumped too.

It's the holidays man, we're not getting any new info until the beginning of January, the 10th at the earliest.

Till then it's just friendly speculating.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:52:08 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Got around to playing the LoS2 demo.  That demo alone is epic.... Can't wait to see if we actually get to explore a castle.  Can't wait!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I just hope the game won't drag and the pacing is consistent and fun throughout. I know that's unlikely, if the rumors of it being 30+ hours to complete are true, then there's bound to be several chapters that'll just drive me fucking insane.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think 30 hours is referring to the exploration. I doubt the main story is going to be much longer than the first game. But I agree I hope it is paced really well. Although I rather game keep getting better even if it starts out not great then game like God of War 3 where it peaks really early.

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
So is this game taking up two discs on the 360?  I mean, if it's really that big I would imagine it will.  The first game was two discs on 360 but I remember reading it had to do with uncompressed video and not so much the game itself.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Noone's gonna say something about my idea that I posted above?

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Noone's gonna say something about my idea that I posted above?
Doesn't Zobek pretty much look like Sean Connery?  It's been awhile but at least that was his "pure" form, right?  At the end of LoS, he looked like all the other Necromancers.

anything