Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406705 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
French article with pics. And young Drac in modern city (or so it seems)!

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/00018719-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-preview.htm#infos

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)

Gabriel: Never. I'll never turn back to the Dark Side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Belmont, once more.
The Emperor: [angry] So be it... Belmont!
[BZZZZZT]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:13:46 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
The city looks nice and I like the vibe that those screenshots give. Not to sound like a negative nancy, but I once again have to question its presence in a Castlevania game, though. Sorry, I can't help it.  :(
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:31:22 AM by Nagumo »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
The city looks nice and I like the vibe that those screenshots give. Not to sound like a negative nancy, but I once again have to question it's presence in a Castlevania game, though. Sorry, I can't help it.  :(

What's presence?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Very clever.  :-*

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
From what I'm reading, things are looking very promising for LoS2. I'm just hoping these reviewers aren't jerking us around like Cox does.

Right now, I'd kill for a new gameplay video.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
That lightning bolt guy might be a version of Shaft. At first I thought it was Zobek but Zobek has hair

jerking us around like Cox does.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Bum: "Sup brah."
Dracula: "I haven't the slightest idea what you've just said just now."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
They keep saying Lords of Shadow 2, but I keep seeing things that remind me more of Blood Omen 2 on a grander scale.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
The city looks a lot more futuristic that I thought it would be.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Holy God the city looks better than expected. Bravo!
And the old guy looks like just resurrected Satan.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Finally, we got some new infos. And man do these sound awesome. I cannot wait to play the game. The City Looks really good and I like the gothic vibe it gives of with all the spires in the background.
I think the bold guy who attacks Gabriel with electricity is one of the aformentioned Acolytes that we need to defeat. It definiately is not Zobek, since he Looks different and attacks with green coloured magic.
The French article mentioned a nice puzzle: We need to place decorations on a theater stage based on a narration in the background. 
There will be mini games which are optional and grant you rewards like a shooter game where you Need to shoot some targets.
The already known sneaking sections were mentioned in several articles and seem to be well designed. For example you need to possess rats and bite on a cable. Thus a technician will arrive in order to repair said cable. You possess the technician and use him to pass a security door.
Look at this Screen:

Another puppet being placed in the same room as the one that resembles a flea. Thus I assume that the Boss fight against the Toy Maker will be way more epic than I thought: You will Need to destroy several puppets. You know what this reminds me of? It clearly resembles the Ganon Puppet Boss in Zelda Wind Waker. :D
All in all I look forward to this game. It will be a great experience.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 10:36:11 AM by Slit_Zurifa »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The bald guy description says "Satan Acolyte"

Everything comes full circle