Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406566 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
But Satan doesn't wear pants

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Eeeh that guy is certainly Satan.

Could be, probably took those 1000 years of time to pump some serious iron to look like that.

Another thought that he could be another one of Satan's children, we've already seen the daughter after all.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
WTF?!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
it's a Hellgate /dmc

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Looks more like he wandered on the set of Deus Ex.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
WTF?!

That screen gets me all funny. The same with the one in the army base. My brain can't compute it, really.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I like how there is Kitchen cupboards, stools, a possible microwave, coffee mugs and coffee machine in the picture and then to top it off, there's this huge dark prism and Prince of Darkness in it. #CASTLEVANIA

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I sometimes wonder if Gabriel thinks to himself "How did I even get here? One moment im just doing Gods work as a brotherhood soldier, the next minute im a vampire strolling down the streets of a large city."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
The bald guy description says "Satan Acolyte"
I hope they actually give him a name. Satan Acolyte sound so generic. I actually don't like that, which they did in the first one.
(click to show/hide)
I mean, I just think, if the character is significant to be put into "boss status", just give him a unique name. Hell, even
(click to show/hide)
Same for MoF, like the Daemon Lord. Daemon Lord is "what" it is, but I would've like to know WHO it is. Wouldn't it be stupid if you fought someone called the "Human King". LOL! I mean, there are hundreds of demons and monsters in worldly lore to choose from. All 72 demons from Ars Goetia are up for grabs, dammit. I would've been content with any of them if they were fitting of the beast.

That being said, bosses like Necromancer or Succubus don't bother me. They are usually a class above, and they are already rooted int he CV series.

Not necessarily.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Ironic how they call certain characters generic titles "Silver Warrior" and "Black Knight," yet waste good names/homages such as Olrox and Brauner on even MORE generic-looking bat demons. Go figure!

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
.....why are you guys using spoiler tags when discussing a rumor?

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I sometimes wonder if Gabriel thinks to himself "How did I even get here? One moment im just doing Gods work as a brotherhood soldier, the next minute im a vampire strolling down the streets of a large city."
And exorcising coffee mugs. Being Dracula is hard.

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I'm confused how some of yous say you won't want Konami to return to the old canon because "there's nothing left to explain/show, we already know what happens etc." but a prequel to LoS would be just as much redundant, because likewise we already know what happened to the Brotherhood, how things came to be, etc. so yeah. At that point it just boils down to, do you prefer coke or pepsi.

Since I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who said anything like that, I'll reply

Not the same thing. Not for me at least.

It's not about "knowing what happens". It's that the old canon is fleshed out. We have an origin, we have an ending, we have every major 100 year Belmont, we have early resurrections in between, we have non-Belmont side stories, and we have remakes. The only thing REALLY missing is Demon Castle Wars, and maybe 400 years between Leon and Trevor where they could put in an Alucard origin story. That's two games, and I'm sure nobody at Konami wants to deal with the hype machine that is Demon Castle Wars. Other than that, I'd rather just see them retire the timeline. It tells its story. Let it be done.

On the other hand, a founder prequel to LoS could actually be a game with a potentially interesting gameplay mechanic ala CVIII/Trine with a lot of backstory that hasn't been delved into yet. Does it matter that I know how it ends? No, not really, because that's typically the case with a prequel. And if they didn't want to do a prequel, there's probably 500-800 years in between the LoS2 demo and when he wakes up in the future in which to place a game. The difference is there's an untapped rebooted universe vs a universe that's already been pretty fleshed out.

Disagree with me if you want, fine, but it's not just "coke or pepsi".

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Errr not... It is a .. is a living laboratory of a pharmaceutical company propidad Zobek, there you find the first servant of Satan (the "woman" of himself to the head and tentacles in the white coat, which we can see on the pictures).

So no, not a kitchen and if it has to do with history.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I got it! Basically this whole thing is a drug trip. Everything is an illusion. When Dracula (User) beats Satan (The Intoxication) you basically beat the game and then see the SHOCKING TWIST!

(click to show/hide)

anything