Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406111 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
It's not about "knowing what happens". It's that the old canon is fleshed out. We have an origin, we have an ending, we have every major 100 year Belmont, we have early resurrections in between, we have non-Belmont side stories, and we have remakes. The only thing REALLY missing is Demon Castle Wars, and maybe 400 years between Leon and Trevor where they could put in an Alucard origin story. That's two games, and I'm sure nobody at Konami wants to deal with the hype machine that is Demon Castle Wars. Other than that, I'd rather just see them retire the timeline. It tells its story. Let it be done.

Cox described the LoS series like that of a book; LoS1 is the beginning, MoF is the in-between, LoS2 is the end. Like you said it too tells its story, and by Cox own admission it's gonna be done. So what difference will it make if there was a prequel or not? It's kinda like how Bram Stoker's great grand-nephew decided to write a sequel to Dracula, called "The Undead." At that point it's just them milking the cow even more. You don't want to see a couple games in the 400 years between LoI and CVIII, or 1999, but you want a LoS3 prequel instead?

Even if they did a LoS3 prequel featuring the Brotherhood with young Zobek, Carmilla, etc. that just means there will be no Belmont [since Gabriel was the first], obviously no Dracula, just the Bernhard castle and monsters. We'll have Brotherhood vs. not Dracula aka Walter, and at that point it's debatable whether it could still be called a true Castlevania, only in name, because it wont feature the 2 main draws in any way, no matter how anyone cuts it. It's just a side-story, and all that was explained in the Brotherhood scrolls anyway. Fruity Pebbles or Cocoa Pebbles

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Why are we discussing These things when there is a ton of stuff to discuss about (new informations that have been revealed)?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Cox described the LoS series like that of a book; LoS1 is the beginning, MoF is the in-between, LoS2 is the end. Like you said it too tells its story, and by Cox own admission it's gonna be done. So what difference will it make if there was a prequel or not? It's kinda like how Bram Stoker's great grand-nephew decided to write a sequel to Dracula, called "The Undead." At that point it's just them milking the cow even more. You don't want to see a couple games in the 400 years between LoI and CVIII, or 1999, but you want a LoS3 prequel instead?

I actually said I wouldn't mind seeing a Alucard origin story or the 1999 game, I'm just disputing the "Great, LoS is done, now let's go back to the main canon" because while there are opportunities, they're running out of space. I'd rather see them stick with a new universe where there actually is a good bit of room to add in new Belmont stories as well as an interesting premise for a prequel. No, it's not "bleh or blah" because the opportunities are definitely different.

But you can have this one. Let's talk about the new game at hand.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Well I welcome any side stories in any timeline so I don't get mad. And I still stand for the Dracula-Belmont less series in a different mythology. It seems some are more open than others.

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
What I really hope for is that they (Konami of Japan), should they reboot the saga again, slightly follow the basic outline of the old canon mythology, which is that of Trevor being the first to slay Dracula, his ancestor Christopher being the next, so on and so forth. But at the same time having the freedom to alter the plot as they see fit, as well as gameplay. I wouldn't want them to take the LoS-route by fusing characters together or drastically changing them (Trevor+Alucard, Leon+Mathias, etc.) just for the sake of plot twist. Keep it simple. New narratives featuring Trevor, Sypha, etc. would be cool, I'd love to see a "new take" on HoD or RoB, but with freedom to include new stories with new characters (they can easily ignore the "100 year rule" if they want). I guess like a "classic canon remix" version of games I don't know how else to describe it

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Nah, the classic tale is already told, I want brand new characters. But a classic remix would be good too. In fact I'd like anything lol

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Konami has yet to close the old canon to start the new "open line". That almost certainly will milk LOS ... nobody leaves a game exist without spinning .. at least the producer. But that does not mean at all that LOS3 is will be the next "official" Castlevania .., I tell the next (regardless of economic adventures LOS3) is for the Japanese market.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I just want new characters with new stories. I actually liked the alternate take on existing characters that LoS did (well, maybe not Brauner and Olrox) but I want to see new Belmonts or side family members doing new things. I'd prefer they stick with whip wielders, though a Johnathan-esque fighter wouldn't be bad. They don't even have to be fighting Dracula for all I care. I'd be interested to see what the Belmont that never got to fight Dracula does in his spare time. If they go back to the old canon, who did the pre-Trevor Belmonts fight? LoS-wise, what did all the Belmonts between Simon and Victor do?

In regards to the footage, the combat looks really smooth and flashy, but the Zerg-beasts actually seem more out of place than the mechs. It's like in Turf, which I doubt anyone here has read, when the vampires fought the alien bootleggers.

Konami has yet to close the old canon to start the new "open line". That almost certainly will milk LOS ... nobody leaves a game exist without spinning .. at least the producer. But that does not mean at all that LOS3 is will be the next "official" Castlevania .., I tell the next (regardless of economic adventures LOS3) is for the Japanese market.

I'm not sure it going to Japan means they'll be making it for the Japanese "market", and I use quotes because Japan is not where Konami gets even close to the bulk of their Castlevania sales.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
The winged monster is Satan, it's confirmed on Facebook.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4944 on: January 10, 2014, 09:42:01 AM »
The winged monster is Satan, it's confirmed on Facebook.

The underworld must have excellent trainers, he looks like he's ready to go 100 rounds with a mutant alligator.

What a difference 1000 years make:

Before:
Quote from:

After:
Quote from:

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:08:23 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4945 on: January 10, 2014, 11:06:48 AM »
The underworld must have excellent trainers, he looks like he's ready to go 100 rounds with a mutant alligator.

What a difference 1000 years
Well he lifted.

So the new game will be an Akumajou? Interesting! 3DS I bet.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I guess it's also possible the rumored game could be in the same style of LoS, but not necessarily follow the same storyline.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I guess it's also possible the rumored game could be in the same style of LoS, but not necessarily follow the same storyline.
I would love to see the series salvage the art direction of LoS, but go back to the original gameplay.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
Lots of new LoS2 stuff and no one bats an eye. Some random dude casts a rumor on the Internet, and everyone loses their mind.

lol  ;D

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Lots of new LoS2 stuff and no one bats an eye. Some random dude casts a rumor on the Internet, and everyone loses their mind.

lol  ;D

I'm a terrible fan, I know. v___v

anything