Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406212 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
The winged monster is Satan, it's confirmed on Facebook.

Bit of a letdown for me, while he does look more dangerous now I still was hoping that he would have a more "modern" look, maybe a business suit and a ponytail.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Do you think this will be Satan's only form or will he transform?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Bit of a letdown for me, while he does look more dangerous now I still was hoping that he would have a more "modern" look, maybe a business suit and a ponytail.

Look on the bright side, at least he had the courtesy to cover his lower regions with something other than black smoke.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4953 on: January 10, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »
Konami has yet to close the old canon to start the new "open line". That almost certainly will milk LOS ... nobody leaves a game exist without spinning .. at least the producer. But that does not mean at all that LOS3 is will be the next "official" Castlevania .., I tell the next (regardless of economic adventures LOS3) is for the Japanese market.

Is that a guess or do you know something more?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:14:14 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Gotta say this is looking amazing. I'm loving that gameplay too
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
the video's not working for me, wtf Flame  >:(

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:53:06 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
the video's not working for me, wtf Flame  >:(
I didn't post one...

EDIT: Now I did.

Interview with Dave Cox regarding Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:21:41 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
So my question for the day is does a game sale from a media blowout a month away from release especially when during all this time there was so little information? LOS2 has had no hype what's so ever since when the VGA's right and the vengeance trailer?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4960 on: January 10, 2014, 06:33:30 PM »
+2
Is that a guess or do you know something more?

What I know :

1) The decision that LOS is the last LOS (for MS) took nearly two years ago.

2) Shortly after, Konami began to think about the future (at that time LOS had no as important as now for Konami)

3) Last trips to Japan from MS and Cox ( recently) was to discuss the new project and to discuss the launch of LOS2 . At this point I have to say that change their policy , they went on to say that the PC version is the "next -gen" , did not expect sales of such large consoles XBONE and PS4 , (almost 7 million and this Christmas many more . . ) have concern about whether these sales may affect sales of the game . Why let a little more freedom to the PC version ( these months improved a little ) and they say it's the most graphically spectacular . ( Although the PS3 version I've seen looks very good .. ) . Try guide or encourage as PC sales to fear about possible few customers Xbox360 and PS3.

4) Contrary to what is being rumored on NeoGAF by Cox misinterpreted statements about the PC version , they will not make a version for next-gen , the reasons are clear .. does not make sense to take out a next-gen game that came out a year ago for other platforms with just a few graphic improvements (60fps , full HD) , the authentic fans will already have purchased in other formats. If it were to attract new fans because it would not make sense that would have a game without LOS1 and MoF.

Did this discarded? no, but not for MS, maybe Konami do, but not something that is on the table, especially since both Xbone and PS4 may play LOS2 "virtually". Sales would be small and the great effort, it is something that is very clear and MS Cox. But what Konami do in one or two years .. only they know (anyone said FFX HD? :)

5) Returning to the original question, Konami began searching options for the future, the resurgence of the Castlevania name gave opportunities to retake other projects, there is a project out there for portable platforms,  Konami are very big heads lately with LOS but ... no study has begun to LOS3 .. Enriz Alvarez give them the LORE before Gabriel. But there is 0 LOS3 fact (have not even started yet ... the LOS2 DLC). Two years it would take to get a set of quality of LOS if they start now. Unless Konami milking LOS doing a shit for "Live" and "Plus" (which can be done in 8 months). So Konami bet on what they had initially thought, does an old game canon? I do not know. But right now is more likely to succeed where they have, also not risk much Konami (Kojima is no longer there to risk instead). If this new game succeeds is possible to suggest Konami that there is life farther than LOS in Castlevania.

My personal bet, if there will be a different castlevania soon, but Konami will also squeeze LOS at least one more game.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
So my question for the day is does a game sale from a media blowout a month away from release especially when during all this time there was so little information? LOS2 has had no hype what's so ever since when the VGA's right and the vengeance trailer?
I was just wondering how high the pre-order rate is for LoS2 compared to LoS1, I feel like a lot of people probably aren't aware that the game releases next month.

I like the new footage we've gotten but I definitely need more right now, especially when it's so close to release. All I know is it's a LoS sequel and it's going to be way darker.
What I know :
[long post]
If there is a portable game in the works I have a feeling it will be a new Akumajo or something else, Konami probably won't try LoS on portables again because of MoF's lackluster sales and reception. Maybe Metroidvania isn't dead.

LoS3 sounds like it would definitely be about the war leading up to LoS1. Nothing about that lore makes it sound like a fitting Castlevania game, sounds like it would be made just for LoS fans.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:01:26 PM by OSM »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
LoS3 sounds like it would definitely be about the war leading up to LoS1. Nothing about that lore makes it sound like a fitting Castlevania game, sounds like it would be made just for LoS fans.
Eeeh I'd take it.

Thank you Bergaron, you're the best thing that has happened to this forum ina  long long time :)

(click to show/hide)

And I'm looking forward to the new Akumajou.

Everything comes full circle

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
So I was Going over an interview + Demo Gameplay where Cox would answer questions, one thing jumped out to me, where the interviewer mentions that LoS2 is the Second installment of a Planned Trilogy, unmistakenly mentioning MoF right afterwards, Cox Didn't Dismiss the Reporter, Could this mean LoS3 is secretly in the works? or that another Developer is going to take charge of finishing it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxgk6HRw1kA
Stating it at 8:55

makes me wonder...

This was August, LoS3, Been there, done that.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

Count me interested to see what happens.

LoS didn't have a lot of media surrounding it pre-release, arguably less than LoS2, and LoS2 has managed to at least settle itself on the "Games we're looking forward to" lists of various websites. At the same time, LoS didn't have to fight a next-gen battle, so that could affect sales a lot.

Depends on how many people trashed their old consoles after upgrading, really.