Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406122 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Remember that long 8 minute trailer we got for LoS1? Wish we would get one like that for this game.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:

Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Hideo Kojima Special Trailer

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Hideo made that trailer, I hope he does a new one (and the chuácabra's voice haha)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Dat Satan voice

I love Jason Isaacs, but damn that's a nice Satan voice.

That said, the trailer all but spoils the entire game
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 09:50:43 PM by Little Dracula »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
All they need to do is invest a little bread into a decent commercial, that will get everyone's attention. But DON'T make it like LoS1's [Japanese-only] commercial:

Castlevania Lords of Shadow commercial PS3 sony playstation3 JP jpn japanese japan

seriously wtf was that about? lol

the last CV commercial we got in the USA was for Lament of Innocence, and I thought it was pretty cool:

CASTLEVANIA: LAMENT of INNOCENCE- 2003 Television Commercial #1

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
http://www.relyonhorror.com/in-depth/interview-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-producer-talks-about-plot-influences-dracula-and-victor-belmont/

Audio interview with Cox, 18 min.
Cox was trying to be really careful about spoilers in that, but I ended up hearing things I probably shouldn't have heard yet.

Just a warning to you guys if you do listen to this.
the last CV commercial we got in the USA was for Lament of Innocence, and I thought it was pretty cool:

CASTLEVANIA: LAMENT of INNOCENCE- 2003 Television Commercial #1
Wow, this takes me back. I remember seeing this commercial a lot before I even got into the series.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I don't know if I wanna hear 18 min of this but put spoiler tags because I do want to know.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
The audio interview is interesting but yeah it has some spoilers in there regarding some enemies and stuff.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4973 on: January 11, 2014, 12:44:55 AM »
So the new game will be an Akumajou? Interesting! 3DS I bet.

They seem to have switched back to Akumajo for localizing LoS2. I imagine because it's more brand recognition and the whole "Is Dracula in it?" cat is well out of the bag now.

Also, a Japan-made LoS3 sounds intriguingly weird. A Japanese take on a European take on a Japanese take on American horror movies and European mythology. It'd be extremely hard for it not to look completely disjointed next to the other three games though, especially if the last game makes the series as open-and-shut as Cox says.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
History of Castlevania (Spanish)
Loquendo - Linea Cronológica de Castlevania (Parte 1).mp4

Very good, I laughed a lot, I did not remember some details like "Castlevania Legends" :)
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
History of Castlevania (Spanish)
Loquendo - Linea Cronológica de Castlevania (Parte 1).mp4

Very good, I laughed a lot, I did not remember some details like "Castlevania Legends" :)

Nice stuff but the "loqueando" voice ruin it for me :(

Offline jigru0511

• Awards
(click to show/hide)

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I was playing around in photoshop with the latest assets released by Konami, and I found this behind (in another layer) the toy dragon artwork.

http://abload.de/img/clos2_toydragoncopia0asul.jpg

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I was playing around in photoshop with the latest assets released by Konami, and I found this behind (in another layer) the toy dragon artwork.

http://abload.de/img/clos2_toydragoncopia0asul.jpg
Considering the multiple skulls within the body, the organ-y look and multiple mouths, perhaps this is the LoS's version of Legion.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)

I will take away the intrigue, NO.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

anything