Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406701 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I will take away the intrigue, NO.
I love you.
I can see in the pics that Gab and Vic don't hate each other that much.

Wow that's amazing, very SIlent Hill-y. Good enough Legion for me.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4981 on: January 11, 2014, 10:04:59 AM »
So Victor Belmont is being played by Anthony Howell from the Dracula NBC show.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
No one talked about the secret mode here huh? What do you guys think it'll be. Everyone knows I hope for Alucard. Fuck Victor, I don't want to play with another guy using a whip.

^ If that's Legion, it's bad. Legion is a fucking ball of corpses, they shouldn't try too hard to change it. It would be interesting to see how they would translate that into a boss. Now, it'll be just another fight with a humanoid monster, like the billions we got on LoS 1 and will get on LoS2.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 10:10:43 AM by Maedhros »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
If that's Legion, it's bad. Legion is a fucking ball of corpses, they shouldn't try too hard to change it.

The origin of Legion's design is a biblical account of a large number of demons who possessed a man.

Yeaaah.. no

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Maybe that's a normal enemy and not a Boss at all. I mean, we don't know how big this thing is, it could be very small, smaller than Gabriel, it could be just as big as a troll or it could be Gargantuan and be another Titan like Boss. Maybe it is a normal enemy, mabe it is a Titan fight, maybe it is Legion, maybe it is Zobek's final form or maybe just another boss, who knows? Or maybe it won't appear in the game at all.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
Nice creature/monster/stuff! :)

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I was playing around in photoshop with the latest assets released by Konami, and I found this behind (in another layer) the toy dragon artwork.

http://abload.de/img/clos2_toydragoncopia0asul.jpg

Why is legion even being talked about? It looks more like Menace to me.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
We all know that creature will simply be called "Demon Corpse" and nothing more  ;)

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
How big do you think will it be if it is in the game?
Just as big as Gabriel or huge (if the small skulls near his arm are as big as a normal human head)? Then again if it would be huge and its legs being underwater wouldn't the water Level be too high for Gabriel to walk normally thus making this Thing rather small?
Do you think it is realistic that this might be Zobek's final form with the big skull face (which has eyes)? I mean he might be in a Death form before and after you fought him in a Death like battle he turns into this...

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I hope it's Zobek's second form. It suits him well.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
We all know that creature will simply be called "Demon Corpse" and nothing more  ;)
I would hate it to have such a generic name. I was thinking the same thing after I say that picture. "Watch they call this things something like 'Viscera Demon' or "Tumor Entity". Hell, if it's NOT Legion, if they choose to make some Lovecraftian connection by calling it a "Shoggoth", I'd have mad respect for them. If it turns out to be something called a "Gore Knight", I'd be really disappointed.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
One question though remains: Why DID they use this picture as a certain layer for the Toy Dragon image? That's something that bothers me...
Anyway, in that Cox interview someone posted before in this thread Cox mentioned that we haven't seen all the Titan bosses yet. So here are my predictions for the remaining Titans:
1.) A giant Mech
2.) Leviathan
3.) Legion
AND/ OR that thing on the Image (maybe Zobek's final form)

So we'd have 5 Titans, though I don't consider the Siege Titan a Titan fight since you fight on him and since he doesn't have a health bar... it's more like an interactive stage. And from what we have read in some previews the Gorgon is actually a fight against the Titan! Thus we'd have to fight 4 Titans.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I heard the rely on horror interview, and I think that there is very little spoiler material. A very interesting interview. I think that Cox said just one line that does sound spoilerish, so listen to it if you want. I thought it was great.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
No one talked about the secret mode here huh? What do you guys think it'll be. Everyone knows I hope for Alucard. Fuck Victor, I don't want to play with another guy using a whip.
I'd be up for both, but it's probably Alucard mode. I would be greatly surprised and a little disappointed if that wasn't the case. This new Alucard deserves to be playable.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
One question though remains: Why DID they use this picture as a certain layer for the Toy Dragon image?
Isn't that the way a lot of Creepypastas start off. "I found this hidden image within this data, now I keep having nightmares. Something's lurking outside and I see it out of the corner of my eye. I get phone calls from dead children and creepy emails about people who know everything I'm doing. I keep seeing this face peer in at me through the dark, white, eyeless sockes that has an abnormally large grin as if someone slit it's cheeks open..." ;D