Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406071 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Are we sure that...thing is Legion? It would be nice if it was, I always though Legion would look beautifully grotesque with Mercurysteams art direction. Someone should tweet the pic to Cox for confirmation, he'll probably dodge it though.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Go to Lords of Shadow's Facebook page. I posted there.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=801424173206090&set=o.220827690696&type=1&theater

Yeah, Legion would be cool, though I rather assume that this might be Zobek's form as stated before. The reason for this can be found in the giant skull. Because it does have a skull face I somehow associate it with a deformed version of Death and thus assume it to be Zobek's second or third form (depending if his first form is human or not and the second one being classic Death with scythe and all).
Another reason for this particular enemy being Zobek might be found in the fact that it consists of many undead. Remember the artwork of the Lord of the Dead in the travel book in LOS 1? Even though it could have been an expression of artistic freedom it could also be a hint for us: It showed Zobek having many souls in his chest /under his coat. Maybe he canalyzes all these souls to form this ultimate form.
Then again the Environment doesn't feel like it would fit a Zobek Boss fight, but who knows?

Oh and another thought that is the result of the above stated stream of thoughts: What if Zobek in some sense would BE Legion. As I have written he has absorbed the Souls of many unfortunate Dead and they might be the source for his power. As I have written he might use said souls to form the ultimate undead being, being a grotesque amalgimation of many, many undead, thus being noone less than Legion.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:43:44 PM by Slit_Zurifa »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Mark my words: It's the Flesh Golem.

But it'd be cool if it was a G-Virus-mutated-like Zobek.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Any other artwork have hidden layers?

More specifically, what about the other Toymaker images shown before?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Mark my words: It's the Flesh Golem.

But it'd be cool if it was a G-Virus-mutated-like Zobek.

Now imagine if this was a cloned process from Zobek.

SOLID Zobek, LIQUID Zobek and SOLIDUS Zobek. They fought for what they believed in... LIFE.

LoS3 concept.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5000 on: January 11, 2014, 09:24:45 PM »
+1
it would be phat if Goemon made a cameo

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Okay, there's another theory beside that Thing being Zobek, which by the way would be still my favourite theory.
Now in the Podcast Cox mentioned that the blood of the Castle that rebels against his master since it feels he could be saved by redemption and thus not rule the Castle any longer will manifest in a character in the game. Now imagine if this creature we see here is said character. Remember: In the original timeline the Castle itself was a creature of Chaos. And this creature is chaotic with all the teeth and skulls and ist deformed Body. Plus the watery ground it is standing on is coloured red with blood. The creature having no skin bleeds. Now imagine this being a boss fight where the blood will take different ever changing forms (or at least several different forms) during the battle, another characteristic of Chaos.
Plus it was hidden behind a Toy Maker Boss image and from the previews we know that the Toy Maker will fight against Dracula since he will be possessed by the blood.
I mean that's a legit theory, though I would prefer this boss being Zobek (I don't simply want to fight a small humanoid Zobek and that's it; he should transform).

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5002 on: January 12, 2014, 01:32:08 AM »

Designed so he fits in LoS.

But still with the pipe attack.

I'd also take an LoS-ized Konami Man.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
They are preparing a video to teach new images shortly before or just when you can place your pre-purchase on Steam. Efforts are made with Steam by Dave Cox and JP Konami, they put the dates. But it is assumed that policy Konami will be 1 month before the game's release. So for 24, 27 or 28 January will have this new video, very shocking because he wants to climb up the hype pre-sales, there is another video done that should have been taught last January 10 (show the dragon and the toymaker) along with new images. At the end they simply distribute a video of gameplay for publishers and the the new images.

It is unclear if they will teach this video next week or longer wait to February, it would be too much information in January and they have more things you publish to date on February 21, where the information will be cut. I think this video delayed until February and publish on the pre-purchase day the video that are made it now.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
They are preparing a video to teach new images shortly before or just when you can place your pre-purchase on Steam. Efforts are made with Steam by Dave Cox and JP Konami, they put the dates. But it is assumed that policy Konami will be 1 month before the game's release. So for 24, 27 or 28 January will have this new video, very shocking because he wants to climb up the hype pre-sales, there is another video done that should have been taught last January 10 (show the dragon and the toymaker) along with new images. At the end they simply distribute a video of gameplay for publishers and the the new images.

It is unclear if they will teach this video next week or longer wait to February, it would be too much information in January and they have more things you publish to date on February 21, where the information will be cut. I think this video delayed until February and publish on the pre-purchase day the video that are made it now.

Wait a second. I didn't get that quite. They were supposed to show us a video on January 10th which would have shown us gameplay of Drac's Transformation into a Dragon as well as dialogue and gameplay of the Toy Maker Boss fight, but decided to show it only to some journalists? What the hell? Why didn't they show us this video? I would love to see the Toy Maker Boss in motion. When will they release said video of the Toy Maker Boss fight? 

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I'm alright with it either way, but I wonder if we have any control over dragon form. Like Melee attack, fire breathe, etc or if it is just a special move that has him transforming into a dragon. Again either way its really cool.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Gotta feeling it's just a glorified Item Crash  o.o;;

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow
« Reply #5007 on: January 12, 2014, 02:41:39 PM »
+1

It would be phat if Ryukotsuki or Neclord made an appearance Seriously this version of Dracula needs more rivals.

Anyways there are now promoting los2 and the dracula skin at gamestop now just saw it a minute ago. 

The hell is the topic ssj4 goku?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:43:49 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Gotta feeling it's just a glorified Item Crash  o.o;;
An old article made reference to Dragon pieces or something. Sounds exactly like the Dark Crystal, an animation probably will play and an attack will happen.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
An old article made reference to Dragon pieces or something. Sounds exactly like the Dark Crystal, an animation probably will play and an attack will happen.
Yeah, it's likely going to be this game's version of the dark crystal. At least for most of the game. If at all, any use of the dragon form other than what the dark crystal from LoS1 did will likely occur in a QTE sequence.
Behold my power and tremble