Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406122 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)

Totally not a feminazi. I love how some women try to mask their insecurities with sexual defensiveness. Well, fuck you, the game is finished and I'm gonna revel in killing that woman and her child.

Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Although Lords of Shadow 1 is highest selling Castlevania game apparently it still didn't sell that well in comparison to other high profile games, I remember when Tomb Raider the reboot sold 3 million and Square Enix considered that a failure. I think Mercury stream ending of series at 2 may have something to do with this even though I am glad they are because I rather see it end gloriously than milked to death. 
I think that's a problem with  lot of big developers, unreal expectations. Squa Enix is notorious for this, though Capcom's also pretty crappy regarding such expectations. I think the world of gaming would be a lot better if these folk learned to have grounded expectations.

And yes, another problem developers(not just games, but you see this with movies too), is that nobody has the gall to end a series with tact. They always have to prolong the series and squeeze out as much milk from it as possible. As a result, you have things, let's use movie series as an example here, that have overstayed their welcome and are looked down upon because they REACHED that point, when had they ended the series a few installments after the initial one(or even keep the initial a stand-alone film with NO tacked on sequel), it would've been much better in the long run. I don't know, it just seems like humanity has the knack of fuckin good things up. We have it all there, things crafted to perfection, and we have the gall to fuckin believe by adding to it, it will make it better, so we add, and add, and add, and add, and it just becomes a mess load of crap.

Totally not a feminazi. I love how some women try to mask their insecurities with sexual defensiveness. Well, fuck you, the game is finished and I'm gonna revel in killing that woman and her child.
I don't know if her looks are any judgement of her character(to be fair, I have no idea what a feminazi would look like, as most feminists I've seen don't really stand out as looking unordinary). Though, if I was to judge her by that, she looks like the girls I went to high school with that were into Sarah McLachlan(many of whom were in the student council and eventally lead to "I Will Remember You" being chosen as our graduation class song).

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I'm not saying she /is, she just irks of an insecure individual, so Dracula can't feed on women now because that is sexist? But he can feed on men because, you know, men don't get raped or whatever. She has an agenda, and judging for neogaf, she fell on her face. And she did a great publicity stunt for the game so we should thank her, really.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Well someone got upset that a vampire did a vampire thing and called it "rape". :rollseyes:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/yes-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-did-make-me-feel-uncomfortable-

This is how I felt

"Everyone Is Now Dumber" - Billy Madison

Seriously I don't know what this individual was thinking but I really don't know what to say. What a dumb article if not outright stupid. I just don't see the similarities between a family getting slaughtered and a women getting raped it makes no sense and if the comments are to go by anything then I think she just made a fool of her self. I mean come on really a vampire sucking blood is rape and I know vampires can be sexual but this scene is.... ahh just fail on her part, really doubt anyone is going to take her article seriously :rollseyes:

Heh, a few years ago I made a joke that hearts might come back in LOS2 by having Dracula rip their hearts out and eat them.

Afew years ago I was dead serious about literal hearts being a power and it has happened oh what a glorious day, mind you this was back at the chapel when I was new.

I'm not saying she /is, she just irks of an insecure individual, so Dracula can't feed on women now because that is sexist? But he can feed on men because, you know, men don't get raped or whatever. She has an agenda, and judging for neogaf, she fell on her face. And she did a great publicity stunt for the game so we should thank her, really.

Got a link for Neo-Gaf?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 01:41:16 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Problem with Kat Bailey and her associate Jeremy Parish is they are known anti Lords of Shadows journalists. So I don't understand why they picked her out to go preview the game. Sexism or not aside, the preview of game wasn't even covered it was just focusing one scene. You could say they overshot or the scene didn't work or it seemed sexist but why did she have make the whole preview on this one scene?!! Ahaverus is right it is made to get hits.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Got a link for Neo-Gaf?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=750818

Everyone's like: Are you kidding me? He's Dracula, not the red cross.
This has been the best publicity for the game.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
No matter whether they talk good or bad about you, it is important that they talk about you....

Nothing is random..

Know who to invite and everything is studied. There is no better advertising than that is not advertising.

Do not forget that los2 is a game intended primarily for an adult audience, this will come good ..  for hardcore market
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Problem with Kat Bailey and her associate Jeremy Parish is they are known anti Lords of Shadows journalists. So I don't understand why they picked her out to go preview the game. Sexism or not aside, the preview of game wasn't even covered it was just focusing one scene. You could say they overshot or the scene didn't work or it seemed sexist but why did she have make the whole preview on this one scene?!! Ahaverus is right it is made to get hits.

If that's the truth then what a shame folks who write this kind of stuff even more the upper heads who chose people who hate the game to see it are absolutely ridiculous. Is common sense less and less these days or what?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=750818

Everyone's like: Are you kidding me? He's Dracula, not the red cross.
This has been the best publicity for the game.

Maybe common sense is still in humanity. I'll have too see or read.

Dang it all let me post a comment  :P
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks

wats your opinion on Bulma from DBZ?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
I stopped reading there, she's fishing for hits. This is click-bait, anyone who thinks of this as an act of rape is deeply deluded or has never heard of vampires before.

I am so sick of reading about shit like this too, people have become way too sensitive lately to the dumbest things.

I got a little farther.

And I completely agree. Rape is rape and murder is murder. Both are wrong, and heinous acts that have no excuses. What is being done there is a false equivalency and is disingenuous bullshit and completely misses the point not only of the scene in question but of gaming in it's entirety. As much as I don't like Cox or LoS I have to respect them and MS for sticking to their guns on this.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
If that's the truth then what a shame folks who write this kind of stuff even more the upper heads who chose people who hate the game to see it are absolutely ridiculous. Is common sense less and less these days or what?

Maybe common sense is still in humanity. I'll have too see or read.

Dang it all let me post a comment  :P
Well, you're NeoBelmont, not Neogaf man.

Seriously now, make an account already. Ahasverus already have one and we get super lovey dovey there. :P

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards

But..... you haven't seen the "Family scene" yet, have you? Everyone's laughing at this reporter without even knowing how the scene plays out? RLY? In another interview posted a few pages ago, it's stated that Drac kills the father, then the mother, and then he goes for the daughter and the camera doesn't show what happens, suggesting that it's too horrible to even watch. I'm not saying the reporter isn't overracting, but I'm not ruling out the possibility that she might be right either. I'm saving my judgement until I've actually, y'know, seen it.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
It seems like the scene is controlable. You can choose the order you kill the victims. The last one ends being "raped" (LOOL). Apparently she didn't knew that and thought it was only the woman that would suffer from it.

Looks like a feminazi to me...

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Plus it doesn't matter what order you do it in. Either way making up imaginary "rape" scenarios that are not in any way implied defeats the purpose of the scene.
"Stuff and things."

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
Well, 9 out of 10 times, the portayal of women in video games is pretty terrible - and I'm not only talking about rape - so I don't blame people for going all "feminazi" on the industry.

I an clearly a minority who thinks that here so I'll leave it at that.

The game sounds better and better. I especially like the Zelda/Darksiders/Metroid/ArkhamAsylum comparisions :D

anything