Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406286 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
But..... you haven't seen the "Family scene" yet, have you? Everyone's laughing at this reporter without even knowing how the scene plays out? RLY? In another interview posted a few pages ago, it's stated that Drac kills the father, then the mother, and then he goes for the daughter and the camera doesn't show what happens, suggesting that it's too horrible to even watch. I'm not saying the reporter isn't overracting, but I'm not ruling out the possibility that she might be right either. I'm saving my judgement until I've actually, y'know, seen it.
None of the other 200 previews mentioned rape so I'd suggest that's a little bit on bad weight on her side. She's even saying Dracula didn't  drink blood of the other two and that has been denied.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Well, 9 out of 10 times, the portayal of women in video games is pretty terrible - and I'm not only talking about rape - so I don't blame people for going all "feminazi" on the industry.

I an clearly a minority who thinks that here so I'll leave it at that.

The game sounds better and better. I especially like the Zelda/Darksiders/Metroid/ArkhamAsylum comparisions :D
It's an industry full of men, with men as the majority fanbase. But I never seen it not being disrespecful towards women, saved for some few specific cases. But I REALLY don't want to discuss about this.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:32:22 PM by Maedhros »

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
In an era where you can go to Dictionary.com on your smartphone and instantly find a definition of the word "rape," someone whose occupation deals with words not knowing the definition of the word and projecting it onto a scene like that is unacceptable. The word rape is like the word genius: overused and attached to things it doesn't have anything to do with.

On that note, we have a little over a month before this beast is released! Who's as excited as I am? ;)

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
+2
Well, I think the woman who wrote that article was being over-sensitive. She is probably also a twilight fan who prefers her vampires to be emo and sparkle in the sunlight. News flash!!! Those aren't vampires. Their emo fairies with a blood fetish.

The Dracula in LoS2 seems to be a what a vampire should be. Evil, Brutal, Bloodthirsty, etc. Kind of reminds me of the Alucard from the Hellsing anime. And, I'm glad he's like that. As far as I'm concerned Twilight and movies like it have seemingly castrated the image of vampires as frightening monsters. It's nice to see the reputation of actual vampires is being restored. Seriously, Vlad the Impaler must be rolling in his grave (and yes I know he wasn't a real vampire).
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
So guys, Castlevania is a pretty neat series.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
The word rape is like the word genius: overused and attached to things it doesn't have anything to do with.
icu taking jabs at Kanye West iway ouldshay say too am excited for this game However I haveno't preordered it yet and i do plan on getting the [Europe-only] special edition tomb shit dont know about yo.u I'm sure it'll be available on ebay tho I wonder if all Cox says nowadays is true about gameplay mechanix ya know pull the ol bait n switch witch we all have fallen for sooner or later but it's okay cuz Castlevania will once again be the reason why i come home at  night pun intended#turnup

Offline Eärendil

• ♪♫ Bucketbot ♪♫
  • Hunter in Training
  • Aiya Eärendil elenion ancalima!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
How many of you folks are skipping the PS3/360 release and just going for the PC version? I am, based on the concurrent PC launch date, Cox's comments about the PC version, and the improved experience even the port of the old LOS1 engine had over the original release. I found his comments intriguing. Though he says they would have had to taken steps backwards, it really seems like LOS2 would have been better served as a current console generation launch as well. Looks like an Xbox controller+Steam on the PC is the closest were going to get to that, which is fine with me.
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
How many of you folks are skipping the PS3/360 release and just going for the PC version? I am, based on the concurrent PC launch date, Cox's comments about the PC version, and the improved experience even the port of the old LOS1 engine had over the original release. I found his comments intriguing. Though he says they would have had to taken steps backwards, it really seems like LOS2 would have been better served as a current console generation launch as well. Looks like an Xbox controller+Steam on the PC is the closest were going to get to that, which is fine with me.
I wish I had a good PC, I'd buy it in a heartbet, give me 60fps or give me death.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
I don't have any of the mentioned platforms to play it on, I'll just be one of those guys waiting anxiously for full playthroughs on youtube. v__v

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I don't have any of the mentioned platforms to play it on, I'll just be one of those guys waiting anxiously for full playthroughs on youtube. v__v
I pity you.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
Dear forum,

Please, post a link to this "Family scene" everyone is talking about, if there is one. It may not even be out yet, yet people talk about it like they've seen it inside out, and I'm turning mad of curiosity. It seems that I'm too incompetent to find it myself, or the relevant information pertaining it's existence.
Thank you.

Your truly,
ThePlotTwist.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Dear theplottwist

The game is released in one month and the aformentioned scene was shown to the press only, with all jourlaists pointing its shocking avlue but only one accusing Cox of gloryfying rape.

I look forward to your impressions once we can see it.

Your's not truly.
Azu.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

Did you not play LoS?

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Let me guess... you own a Wii U.

Wow... seems like a nice decision if you want some third party games... (not).

Try at least to get a PC as second platform, otherwise you'll miss out A LOT. Unless, of course, you're fine with playing only Mario/Zelda/Whatever Nintendo makes.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Did you not play LoS?
I did, when my 360 wasn't missing/busted/whatever.