Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406191 times)

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Also in the pic where Drac and Vic are talking, Victor seems to have something in his hand. Looks like a small pharmaceutical container

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Meh the same can be said about Julius and he turned out fine. Victor Belmont probably as last feels he should represent his clan he is conservative :P. Wouldn't be surprised if he is equipped with holy hand grenades of Antioch :P

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Julius is at the very least modern-ish with his leopard-print coat and dress shirt (I might be mistaken with the term here). Victor has a freakin' medieval gauntlet.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I forgot the leviathan was even a thing. Can we make a bullet list of things we know about the game so far?

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Julius is at the very least modern-ish with his leopard-print coat and dress shirt (I might be mistaken with the term here). Victor has a freakin' medieval gauntlet.
And fights using a freakin' medieval whip... It could be just part of his heritage as the whip is it...

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Also the tattoo is a bit modernism for medieval Europe :P

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Wether Satan is the final Boss or not (I don't hink he is, I guess he's the second to last boss) I would wish him to transform into a Dragon himself and gain control over Dracula's Dragon form so that we've got a fight Dragon against Dragon.

Also, when do you assume will the trophie list for LoS 2 appear?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Also the tattoo is a bit modernism for medieval Europe :P

It looks like they're trying to combine a medieval look with a modern look to create something that fits their hybrid setting.

And whoever said Julius was modern looking, he looks 1800s at best

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Julius has a great design anyway. The only Kojima belmont with a personality.

Everything comes full circle

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Nah, both Leon and Juste had personalities, even if Leon was stubbornly stoic.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
And whoever said Julius was modern looking, he looks 1800s at best
I don't think pattern printing would be available in the days of yore, unless that's actual leopard skin, which I think would be impractical.

And fights using a freakin' medieval whip... It could be just part of his heritage as the whip is it...
Handing down a weapon through the ages because it's the only thing known to be effective is logical, at least. Handing down armor that might very well be obsolete after so long?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:57:10 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I don't think pattern printing would be available in the days of yore, unless that's actual leopard skin, which I think would be impractical.

Practicality always loses out to cool in character design, but you could be right. I still stick to the claim that he looks more like an 1800's cowboy than anything.

On a slightly different subject, does anyone else think Leon should have kept his knight outfit? I think it looked cooler than his vampire hunting outfit:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

It was also more historically accurate.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:30:41 AM by e105beta »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Hey, Alucard can wear whatever suit he wants, he always looks good
(click to show/hide)

In other news, I just remembered there were pre order costumes, i wonder if there are unlockable costumes? What if ALucard is playable too and we get a classic costume? Siiick.

Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Hey, Alucard can wear whatever suit he wants, he always looks good
(click to show/hide)

In other news, I just remembered there were pre order costumes, i wonder if there are unlockable costumes? What if ALucard is playable too and we get a classic costume? Siiick.
I'd acually love to see a full-on retro "Dracula tux and cape" costume for Gabe. That would look sick(every girl's crazy for a sharp dressed man!!)

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
So you guys if the game is supposedly 20 hours long like Lords of Shadow and Dave cox says there is exploration and game is up to thirty hours. Does that mean that exploration average is ten hours and he says there is apparently trials like Lords of Shadow in the game as well but in Eurogamer that also bunch of time is added due to an added mode.
So here is some Calculation estimates
Main Game = 20 hours
Exploration= 6-10 hours
Trials= 2 hours
Extra Mode (possibly New Game + or play as another character) = 2-3 hours
Total: 30+?
What do you guys think? Is Dave Cox really speaking truth about a large amount of exploration and if so how many hours would that be.

anything