Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406113 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I would not put my money on the Extra mode, it will be Boss Rush mode.

And it's 2014 so the other playable character will be $20 DLC, of course

Everything comes full circle

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I agree the new mode would probably be new game + and maybe boss rush. Alucard or Victor Belmont will be PAID DLC.  I am just interested with this notion of optional bosses and random enemy encounters and collection of items. I am not expecting it to be ala Symphony of Night but I am hoping its going to be a super big improvement over the exploration in Mirror of Fate :P which while amusing wasn't the best part of that game.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I hope MercurySteam has a bit of good heart and there are nice free unlockable costumes for New Game +

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I hope MercurySteam has a bit of good heart and there are nice free UNLOCKABLE COSTUMES for New Game +

THIS! i don't want no recolourations.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Might as well mention this now than never. I'm a little bugged by Victor's design if he really is the present-day Belmont. For starters, he's wearing a medieval-era gauntlet. There are also some other parts that aren't feasible to be modern-day designs, unless...oh my god, Victor somehow time-travelled to the present.

Well, the castle had a giant clockwork tower, big electric gizmos, not to mention stained-glass windows in... 1038? Anachronisms have always been a staple of Castlevania.

Although it would be pretty funny if time traveling was how Victor got to the present, considering his origins.

I hope MercurySteam has a bit of good heart and there are nice free unlockable costumes for New Game +

Actually an unlockable SotN style Drac outfit or a classic Bela Lugosi-style one would be godlike. (Well, the latter would just look silly on Gabriel, considering the hair... but costumes of older versions of Dracula would be too cool.)

OH SHIT... what if they threw in that red muscles-looking armor from the Francis Ford Coppola film? (modified enough so as to avoid lawsuits?)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 07:16:43 PM by Munchy »

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
The fact that there is a Time machine in Lords of Shadow DLC(yeah them not being that great may make most people not realize its existence) :P it would be weird if it was a throwaway one time thing so who knows maybe Victor Belmont found it :P in the past and went to the present.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
There is a review, a spanish review of the first hours of LOS2. Maybe you would consider it as spoilish reading, but what I can tell you about my own interpretation of what I just read, as we all know, there will be many plot twists, and for me at least is increasing the hype for the game. It's in spanish. Interesting read if you want to take a look. The ones that read it may understand me. :)

http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/avances/avance-castlevania-lords-shadow-2-61999

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
So the vampire killer is the only weapon capable of killing Dracula.. Cool.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Zobek doesn't have the full combat cross. He only has combat cross that Gabriel destroyed in DLC while Alucard has stake. So Zobek :P is lying a bit. It seems both are needed to kill Dracula.
Wonder who is the Knight? (Alucard?)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:47:32 AM by Trevorcard »

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think so too. The ''ninja'' may be Alucard

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I don't think that Zobek has the remainings of the Vampire Killer. But who knows for certain. We have to wait.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Correction I don't think (Alucard) is ninja/knight that saves Dracula because Alucard (Trevocard) wouldn't leave Dracula to feast on a family unless he had personality change lately :P.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I do think that he is Alucard because (and of course I may be wrong) maybe nobody in present times would be carrying a sword, and also as of now makes two appereances, but now that I think of it, maybe Dracul would recognize his sword, or maybe he is using another. Too many doubts lol. Also, does anybody had noticed that in the vengeance trailer, when Alucard threatens Dracul, they are standing like they are facing something or somebody else? There's smoke around, so the paladin and company are already obliterated. There's a lot food for thought lol.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
"In this area also awaits other familiar elements from the first game: the return of old familiar characters, like the Chupacabra (Who finds himself locked in a special cell, on Dracul's order)"

HAH Gabe got his revenge for all that bullshit, this is glorious.

But apparently you do have to free him, since apparently he is needed to open certain doors.

Also, interesting, that article mentions that the LoS2 demo featured in the LoS collection has no quick time events, (something they faulted it for, lol) not even to suck blood.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:20:53 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Also, interesting, that article mentions that the LoS2 demo featured in the LoS collection has no quick time events, (something they faulted it for, lol) not even to suck blood.

That along would improve my opinion of this game by leaps and bounds.
"Stuff and things."