Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406160 times)

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Here is a food for thought that I got from Gamefaqs forums :P don't know if they will portray in the game. But Alucard has to feed to survive right? So is he feeding it on animals or monsters like mirror of fate or HUMANS in centuries before modern setting. Does he feed on criminals? Kinda of like a benevolent hannibal. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:05:34 PM by Trevorcard »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Here is a food for thought :P don't know if they will portray in the game. But Alucard has to feed to survive right? So is he feeding it on animals or monsters like mirror of fate or HUMANS in centuries before modern setting. Does he feed on criminals? Kinda of like a benevolent hannibal. What do you guys think?
If he feed on humans he'd look as Trevor, and for all we know he's still grey, unless he decided to go full Genya Arikado.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I am just wondering because he looks way better than he did in MOF, maybe a stylstic choice but also I don't expect Alucard to look like old Dracula so I expect he is drinking blood of some sort.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
(click to show/hide)

How did Iga Alucard feed? He could eat regular food, right?

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)

How did Iga Alucard feed? He could eat regular food, right?
IGA Alucard is a dhampir (half-vampire, half-human). They can survive either by food or drinking blood. LoS Alucard is a full vampire so he needs blood and only blood to survive. We just don't know if he feeds on humans or animals yet.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I am just wondering because he looks way better than he did in MOF, maybe a stylstic choice but also I don't expect Alucard to look like old Dracula so I expect he is drinking blood of some sort.
Console limitations. As you can see from the MoF artwork, he was always meant to be a beautiful man (of course, it's Trevor, I mean, take me, now).

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
IGA Alucard is a dhampir (half-vampire, half-human). They can survive either by food or drinking blood. LoS Alucard is a full vampire so he needs blood and only blood to survive. We just don't know if he feeds on humans or animals yet.

Lol. I was joking, I know what you mean. I am interested in knowing that.... But pot roast is in Mof....

Offline Gamermeister

• Hunter in Training
    • Gamermeister Youtube Channel
    • Awards
One thing Id like to see happen is God popping in at the end and telling Gabe what's up. Saying that He never made any promises, only "Holy" men like the Brotherhood and Zobek, so Gabes anger is WAY misdirected. Then he tells Gabe that he loves him, but that Gabe is too gullible and thats not Gods fault.

Then God pimps away.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
careful with the theories we write in this forum, MS and Konami are following and it seems they do not like that guesses in the theories.

Well gee, that's just too fucking bad now isn't it?

That's not their call. Quite an arrogant thing to try and crack down on. If they're really that afraid their 'story' may be spoiled, then maybe they should actually craft a good and unexpected narrative. You can see through their "plot twists" a mile away before the games are even out.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
Yeah. You know it's a bad thing when people are buzzing and talking about your games.  :P

If there really is anybody at Konami or MS who feels offended by fans discussing their games, they really need to pull their heads out of their asses. That is just ridiculous.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Well gee, that's just too fucking bad now isn't it?

That's not their call. Quite an arrogant thing to try and crack down on. If they're really that afraid their 'story' may be spoiled, then maybe they should actually craft a good and unexpected narrative. You can see through their "plot twists" a mile away before the games are even out.
That's what I was going to say. If they read this forums, they might actually get a GOOD idea of what NOT to do, and hell, I consider a lot of us here(if anything, all of us) very bright and imaginative. They can actually pick up on some of the GREAT ideas we come up with. We DO come up with some interesting things during the storm of speculation!

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
That's what I was going to say. If they read this forums, they might actually get a GOOD idea of what NOT to do, and hell, I consider a lot of us here(if anything, all of us) very bright and imaginative. They can actually pick up on some of the GREAT ideas we come up with. We DO come up with some interesting things during the storm of speculation!

But we come up with ideas based on what they give us.... You have to have the whole thing planned out so the people making the game can be working on it, Mercurysteam can't just change direction at random.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Bergaron already stated that he expressed it in a wrong way. They DO like us discussing about the game and making theories. They just don't like the leaks which is understandable....

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I'm sure they've got a laugh of two from us.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5249 on: January 21, 2014, 11:07:28 AM »
To be fair, have the leaks about LoS2 been that spectacular? Konami-kun from 4chan has mostly teased and hinted so far. It's not like he revealed the obligatory shocking plot twist yet.

anything