Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406158 times)

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Update on the Dracula's Tomb edition of LoS2.  It appears that the figurine of Dracul has been pulled, leaving just the figures of Zobek, Victor, and the Lieutenant.  Seemingly to make up for this, GAME are now throwing in all of the dlc packs.  *Scowls.*  I'm really puzzled as to why no figurines of Gabriel and his son.  If anyone has any clue as to why the details of the edition were changed, I'd really apreciate to hear, as I'm sure others who've preordered this will be.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:01:33 PM by tatteredseraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Hey guys, I just had a thought...

Remember how putting the Konami Code in LoS1 gave you an 8 bit CV2 Simon that imitated your actions?

What if this time, doing the same gives you an 8 bit DRACULA sprite..? how awesome would that be?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Update on the Dracula's Tomb edition of LoS2.  It appears that the figurine of Dracul has been pulled, leaving just the figures of Zobek, Victor, and the Lieutenant.  Seemingly to make up for this, GAME are now throwing in all of the dlc packs.  *Scowls.*  I'm really puzzled as to why no figurines of Gabriel and his son.  If anyone has any clue as to why the details of the edition were changed, I'd really apreciate to hear, as I'm sure others who've preordered this will be.

Well still better than the special edition we Americans aren't getting. Btw rhapsody of the darkness? Nice!

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
. Btw rhapsody of the darkness? Nice!

Yup!  It's not my favourite Versailles song by a long shot, but I like those lines from it. :)  Ascendead Master, Aristocrat's Symphony, Masquerade, Zombie, Revenant Choir, and God Palace are my favourites.  I love their very Castlevania-esque costumes.  (And yes, I know that Gackt, formally of Malice Mizer, practically cosplayed as Alucard in his video for 'Mizerable'.)
  I saw Versailles live twice, the second of which had a meet n greet.  Amazing experience.  Sadly, I can't say the same for Jupiter, as I'm really not impressed by their new vocalist Zin, younger replacement model imo for the far superior Kamijo, who's a walking Lestat if there was one.  :)

As for the Tomb edition amendments, it just feels a bit of a let down, even if yeah, the figures aren't the most incredible.  For the £100 price tag, you'd hope that you'd get something a bit more fancy, like how for LoS1 you got the god mask replica.  Truth be told, I'd like to know why the figurines original line up at the very least didn't have Alucard/Trevor and Marie.  That said though, I'm mainly pre-ordering the Tomb edition for the artbook, whcih I'm a sucker for.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:41:55 PM by tatteredseraph »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I really want to see Zobek's "Death" form, the Necromancer is a really cool take on the traditional robed/grim reaper look Death has had in the series forever. I hope Zobek has something similar, giant scythe and all.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Agreed, on both points.  I'd lve to see a live action commercial in the vein of Lament of Innocence's ad, with someone dressed as Gabriel, with Robert Carlyle doing the voice-over.  That would rock.

I wonder if anyone could ask cox or something. Or if their reading this all what I have to say is

Family Guy - Mr. Griffin Goes to Washington - Come On - 2
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
I wonder if anyone could ask cox or something.

Agreed!  Right, who's on Twitter, who'd like to do the honours?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

Looks like the guy who's buying my EU copy of the game will appreciate that.

Works for me. I'm a default skin kind of guy

As for the Tomb edition amendments, it just feels a bit of a let down, even if yeah, the figures aren't the most incredible.  For the £100 price tag, you'd hope that you'd get something a bit more fancy, like how for LoS1 you got the god mask replica.  Truth be told, I'd like to know why the figurines original line up at the very least didn't have Alucard/Trevor and Marie.  That said though, I'm mainly pre-ordering the Tomb edition for the artbook, whcih I'm a sucker for.

I'm the sucker who's paying $260 USD for it because GAME won't ship it overseas. Gotta love eBay
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 06:33:10 PM by e105beta »

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Yup!  It's not my favourite Versailles song by a long shot, but I like those lines from it. :)  Ascendead Master, Aristocrat's Symphony, Masquerade, Zombie, Revenant Choir, and God Palace are my favourites.  I love their very Castlevania-esque costumes.  (And yes, I know that Gackt, formally of Malice Mizer, practically cosplayed as Alucard in his video for 'Mizerable'.)
  I saw Versailles live twice, the second of which had a meet n greet.  Amazing experience.  Sadly, I can't say the same for Jupiter, as I'm really not impressed by their new vocalist Zin, younger replacement model imo for the far superior Kamijo, who's a walking Lestat if there was one.  :)

Dude. I agree with everything you just said regarding Versailles, Kamijo, Lestat, Jupiter, and LOS2. Except for Zombie I prefer Forbidden Gate. I love the intro to Rhapsody of the darkness. I like Klaha more than Gackt.

Im just getting the limited edition artbook. I cant afford to get the special edition from EU.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Dude. I agree with everything you just said regarding Versailles, Kamijo, Lestat, Jupiter, and LOS2. Except for Zombie I prefer Forbidden Gate. I love the intro to Rhapsody of the darkness. I like Klaha more than Gackt.

Im just getting the limited edition artbook. I cant afford to get the special edition from EU.

*Laughs*  Oh, I also love Forbidden Gate.  The problem I have is trying to choose between them all, asde for a few songs.  I think that Desert Apple is the one which I flat out hate, followed by Libido (apart for live, when it works better), and Edge of the World.  I think that Versailles' last album was sadly a let-down, I think because Kamijo wasn't as involved with the writing as before.  I suspect a fall out more than being just burnt out.  Ah well!  I'm now looking forward to Kamijo's solo mini-album.  From the CD Japan interview thing with him for the release of his solo debut single 'Louis', I'm responsible for him quoting IwtV's 'I assume I need no introduction'.  XD
  I prefer the style of music from Klaha's era of MM, but Gackt's era brought Illuminatti, Regret, and Gekka no Yasoukyoku - Nocturne in the Moonlight.  It was reading about that on the CV Dungeon which introduced me to visual kei music, and I haven't looked back since, having grown up listening to 70s glam rock.

Ahem.  Apologies for the slight thread derailment.

It would be nice to see a release of some decent, good-sized LoS figurines.  Gabriel/Dracul, Marie, and Alucard/Trevor all definitely deserve their own figures.  I'm not much of one for figurines normally (artbooks are more my thing), but I would definitely get good LoS ones.  The NECA Alucard was a bit fo a disappointment for me, so I didn't collect any of the others.  As for the artbooks, I really do hope that there's some really good new and unseen artwork in them.  I've really loved LoS's art style, which is saying something considering that Ayami Kojima's art style is responsible for me getting to Castlevania to begin with.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Per the official LOS FB, New Trailer today at 2pm GMT...about an hour and a quarter from now.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Per the official LOS FB, New Trailer today at 2pm GMT...about an hour and a quarter from now.
Oh man i'm excited
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
What? When? New trailer??

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5293 on: January 23, 2014, 05:39:25 AM »
:D

So that means the demo will go public next week then, if leak guy was right on the money.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

anything