Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406029 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
So this is the second to last trailer right?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Epic trailer!, only one month to go.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5312 on: January 23, 2014, 07:58:02 AM »
So this is the second to last trailer right?

Probably gonna be the launch trailer a week before the game comes out or something. Whatever it is, they should at least add some gameplay in it.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Oh my god there will be time travel... Every bit of info I see of this game reassures me more of it, somehow...
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I believe that the ''Gabriel is the only who can destroy Dracula'' has to do when Satan's defeat in LOS. Seemed like the ritual of the founders so there would be ''two Gabriels''. I don't know lol this story is great.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
kinda like when Piccolo split with Kami in Dargon Ball Z

ive seen this all coming a mile away man. since like before MoF was released for 3DS

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Oh my god there will be time travel... Every bit of info I see of this game reassures me more of it, somehow...

How are you getting that? It sounds to be like Gabriel will just have to defeat his darkside. Maybe a boss battle with the dragon?

Also, I'm starting to think that boy Trevor is not an illusion, like he's a fragment of Trevor's soul or something like that. Just the way Marie talks about Dracula coming home to his family.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Awesome trailer, and damn they actually showed Zobek's true Death form. He looks nuts.

I can see the Gabriel vs himself thing playing out for sure, sounds like something Mercury Steam would do. I would be up for it, I've really grown to like Gabriel as a character. Seeing him kick his darkside out of himself so he can ascend to heaven would be a fitting finale.

The Toy Maker is one of the most interesting looking characters in the LoS verse to me right now, I was intrigued by his appearance in MoF but was disappointed I didn't get to know that much about him. Looking forward to whatever crazy stuff he brings to the table in this game.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I believe that Marie and Trevor are deceiving images in some parts and in other the real spirits. Or at least the images of Marie could be a trap for Dracul because she appears in the same place as Carmilla if you look closely. Also I read somewhere that Trevor represents Gabriel's redemption and the castle doesn't want that.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
If Gabriel's light side ascended into Heaven, then there would be no need for Marie to tell Dracula it's time for him to return to her and his family. His soul would already be in Heaven.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
aaaand it would be the rightful Castlevania final fight, a Belmont vs Dracula

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
aaaand it would be the rightful Castlevania final fight, a Belmont vs Dracula
Shit, now I really want it to play out like that.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
As you may know, I'm a man of theories, especulation and conjectures, but I still don't have idea of how to explain human Carmilla, Trevor and Marie besides "illusions" but s far thadoesn't make sense, as hallucinations can't hurt you. Even more so Human Carmilla.. why her? gabriel didn't know her, and she didn't seem to have a important role, why not human Cornell or human Zobek?.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Maybe Carmilla lives on in Gabriel's blood because he drank Laura's blood and she had Carmilla's. Twisty twisty

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
As you may know, I'm a man of theories, especulation and conjectures, but I still don't have idea of how to explain human Carmilla, Trevor and Marie besides "illusions" but s far thadoesn't make sense, as hallucinations can't hurt you. Even more so Human Carmilla.. why her? gabriel didn't know her, and she didn't seem to have a important role, why not human Cornell or human Zobek?.

Because she's the first vampire, and Gabriel drank the blood of one of her direct children to become one. You could say she's living on inside Dracula through her blood which would have been in Laura