Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406195 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
But this is not Vampire Queen Carmilla but Human Carmilla, who should be dead.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
As you may know, I'm a man of theories, especulation and conjectures, but I still don't have idea of how to explain human Carmilla, Trevor and Marie besides "illusions" but s far thadoesn't make sense, as hallucinations can't hurt you. Even more so Human Carmilla.. why her? gabriel didn't know her, and she didn't seem to have a important role, why not human Cornell or human Zobek?.
Perhaps Carmilla and Gabriel were blood related?

Seems like a twist they would put in, I mean no one could ever guess Marie being pregnant with Trevor before LoS1.

Another thing I noticed in the trailer was that priest calling to Satan, was that a Brotherhood member?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:53:23 AM by OSM »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Perhaps Carmilla and Gabriel were blood related?

Seems like a twist they would put in, I mean no one could ever guess Marie being pregnant with Trevor before LoS1.
Carmilla died a virgin. Well, ascended a virgin.

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
 The fact is that "human Carmilla" represent the bright side of her: one of the founders of light brotherhood. Maybe, this can explain why she said: "and your weakness will be my strenght". She is the good side of someone while Dracula is the dark side of Gabriel.

I believe that the ''Gabriel is the only who can destroy Dracula'' has to do when Satan's defeat in LOS. Seemed like the ritual of the founders so there would be ''two Gabriels''. I don't know lol this story is great.

Interesting theory: its possible that, for the last battle, someone can "invoke" the good soul of Gabriel (that live in the heaven) to fight against his bad side (dracula in his dragon form). Nice !

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i could be wrong but i think it was mentioned here that the Japanese LoS1 website listed Carmilla's last name being "Cronqvist"

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
How are you getting that? It sounds to be like Gabriel will just have to defeat his darkside. Maybe a boss battle with the dragon?

Also, I'm starting to think that boy Trevor is not an illusion, like he's a fragment of Trevor's soul or something like that. Just the way Marie talks about Dracula coming home to his family.
Nowhere dude, I'm just conjecturing, as everybody. But I give it that it sounds much more like Gabriel fighting his darkside. I just hope that it is a very real, very physical Gabriel fighting a very real and very physical Dracula, or the battle comes in the form of another symbolic way, or we'll have one more God of War comparison to make...

The one saying that only Gabriel can defeat Dracula is Alucard, and he's the one who posseses the combat-cross stake, which belonged to Gabriel before his transformation. This could be what he means. The stake represents Gabriel when he was human.

i could be wrong but i think it was mentioned here that the Japanese LoS1 website listed Carmilla's last name being "Cronqvist"
Yeah well, it's pretty much dubious-to-incorrect information. Take a gander here. Nagumo said he'd ask Cox, but no answer.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:26:47 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
The fact is that "human Carmilla" represent the bright side of her: one of the founders of light brotherhood. Maybe, this can explain why she said: "and your weakness will be my strenght". She is the good side of someone while Dracula is the dark side of Gabriel.
Actually if you harm the dark side you harm the good side too. That's why Human Carmilla should be DEADER. if the vampire Carmilla is killed, the good Carmilla is killed too.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Maybe somehow the original combat cross will be reformed and it is the weapon that normal Gabriel will use against Dracula

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well, as far as the Gabriel vs. Dracula battle goes, Dracula might time travel to just after his first victory over Satan in the necromancer's abyss (while he was still human) and the two fight to the death with us controlling Dracula.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
My thoughts on the trailer itself.

Gabriel and Zobek again deliver the cast's strongest character performances, but that's to be expected. They are, after all, LoS2's main anchors.
Carlyle doesn't fully convey the poise and cynicism of the Dracula we've grown used to, but he doesn't really need to -- his newly bitter and vengeful portrayal of Gabriel manages to sound even better than his original LoS performance, something I hadn't thought possible until now.
Patrick Stewart's portrayal of Zobek is unsurprisingly excellent, but I don't think anyone here has doubts on the general quality of his voice acting. Zobek's artistic design is likewise excellent -- the modern elegance of his costume is a great fit to the character's personality.

Alucard's portrayal remains mediocre. And that isn't just because I can't get used to his new accent; MoF's Alucard was a downright disappointment (then again, the whole game was), and I can't say Madden sounds that much better in LoS2 -- his one most important line in the trailer quickly falls flat, for lack of any convincing delivery (and any music to accompany it).
And it doesn't help that MS's Alucard design borders on the downright ugly.

The Toy Maker sounds just as deliciously mischievous as I'd imagined. With impeccable design and the promise for some new, twisted fun, this is easily one of LoS2's most anticipated characters. Isaacs is ever so slightly disappointing as Satan this time around -- his delivery seemed a bit wobbly. The design choices are pretty sound, though.

The "Blood is Family, Blood is Power, Blood is Everything" catchphrase is back, and while it's just as underwhelming as it was in the last trailer, at least it's not completely out of context this time around...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:51:11 AM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I thought Isaac's Satan worked better when calm and decieving. And I agree with Alucard, while I like his design, his actor sounds.. off so far. His Trevor portrayal was better IMO.

Offline Gamermeister

• Hunter in Training
    • Gamermeister Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Two things:

1. Could that be SHAFT who's summoning Satan???

2. Satan looks like he's been locked in a penitentiary doing nothing but pumping iron and being pissed for 1000 years.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
But this is not Vampire Queen Carmilla but Human Carmilla, who should be dead.

I think when you're pulling the whole "I live in your head" trope, you can look however you want.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
Satan or Man Harpy?

Also, I'm curious about you guys. When you saw Satan for the very first time on LoS, in game, what did you think?

I didn't have any spoiler or anything. No pictures, no nothing. When Satan appeared on the screen, I swear to God that I though it was Mathias Cronqvist, now "Draculized". I mean, his face does look different to that of Mathias original design, but I really though that it was more like an upgrade to the high-polygon-count era and western traces.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I thought it was Alucard O.o ..  the whole father thing.

anything