Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406084 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5490 on: January 28, 2014, 01:01:32 PM »
This game looks so pretty, I need more footage asap.

lol at the chandelier footage popping up from Super Castlevania IV

"Belmont Lineage" caught my eye, I wonder if we'll see a drawing of an LoS styled Sonia and Richter or maybe even new names.

99% certainty we'll see more name drops at this point. I'm already glad if they just acknowledge Sonia, even though I know it's stupid and pointless.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
That chandelier SCIV scene on the trailer is nothing like the scene happening on LoS 2... one is skill based, the other is almost automatic. See how you just can move the chandelier in four directions... at least, it's a bit better than anything LoS did with "platforming" (except the clocktower section with whip, that was pretty cool).

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5492 on: January 28, 2014, 02:06:06 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
so wen Darcula says "i am your hate, your fury, your vengeamce. I AM YOU'RE DESTINYY" my theory is that he is talking to his younger self. either he A) splits himself in half like Zobeck Carmilla y Cornell did and Piccolo y Kami in Dargon Ball Z, or B) he timetravels to the events of LoS1 before he fought the Forgetful One, thus preventing himself from succumbing to the darkside and obliterating the events of this timeline.

also, be prepared for a segment in the game that resembles the "rotating parallax background" level from Super Castlevania IV. Cox confirmed quite a while ago that they have a part like this in LoS2.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
That chandelier SCIV scene on the trailer is nothing like the scene happening on LoS 2... one is skill based, the other is almost automatic. See how you just can move the chandelier in four directions...
Now you're just being picky.

It's what it was based on, and that's that.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline NagoriyukiSlayer

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I just now typed by hand 7 out of the 10 questions from that interview with Enric Alvarez in Google Translate. Since this was done with Google Translate, it will have some weird words and grammar issues. It goes in order from up to down, left to right. (The numbers should help...)

Without further ado, here's the translated interview!

(click to show/hide)

Once again, I apologize for the poor translation. The last three questions had stuff to do with what Mercurysteam is doing next, why LOS2 isn't coming to Xbox One or Playstation 4, etc.

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Coolness ^, I do wonder how many hours id take to master and unlock everything in the entire game though. Wonder if we know that yet?

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
So, looking now in movement, the three-headed serpent boss, must be the 3 gorgons in only one being. Love the modern-oldschool city.

PD: we must make a request to David Cox and MS to put the "old Drácula" skin like a unblock extra in the game.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
"Euryale, Stheno and Medusa" is on a different section than "Gorgon"

MEDUSA HEADS ARE BACK TO HAUNT US

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
So, looking now in movement, the three-headed serpent boss, must be the 3 gorgons in only one being. Love the modern-oldschool city.

PD: we must make a request to David Cox and MS to put the "old Drácula" skin like a unblock extra in the game.

That would be amazing

"Euryale, Stheno and Medusa" is on a different section than "Gorgon"

LOL

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Leak guy did hint they would be back in the Gorgon battle...

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5501 on: January 28, 2014, 07:15:01 PM »
Quote from: Ahasverus
Also, he says he wants the next take on Castlevania to be completely different to his.

perfect opportunity for the long-awaited Akumajo Dracula "Alucardvania" to come out

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5502 on: January 28, 2014, 07:34:50 PM »
perfect opportunity for the long-awaited Akumajo Dracula "Alucardvania" to come out
If it's not by IGA's terribly incompetent 3D team, go ahead.

Everything comes full circle

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
If you go to the castlevania wiki, you can see like 5 seconds of new gameplay in the ad. You can see like 2 seconds of the Agreus battle and also of that purple wind guy. Its not much at all. But i get excited about the smallest of new stuff.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5504 on: January 28, 2014, 08:58:38 PM »
I just saw that ad on the wiki, where did that even come from?

And why is that ad not on Youtube?

Oh right, it's Konami. :rollseyes: