Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406188 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
No. I'm getting exhausted because you keep missing my point!

How did I miss your point?

All I have really be doing is reiterating mine for the most part.

I get that LOS score should be judged by what it set out to do, which is why I pointed out earlier I thought they did a good job in that respect.

They wanted to create a soundtrack based on the mood of the player, they sought to differentiate this score from the previous entries and make it more mainstream which is ok for them since this was a reboot and a fresh start.

The only thing for the most part I have been saying is that I just do not agree with such a score being in a CV game.

If it was its on IP I could easily judge it by its own merits, but since its a CV game I have to look back and see how it stacks up to previous entries.

But even then I know what kind of score it set out to be and accomplish.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Could it be that you are one of the "I think LOS should not be a Castlevania" CV fans?

If so, that would make the last couple of hours make a whole lot more sense to me.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Eh, LoS music is boring for me because I found it boring.

That's about it.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Could it be that you are one of the "I think LOS should not be a Castlevania" CV fans?

I used to be, but lately I have become a lot more tolerate of it and see it as a CV game now, although obviously different and rebooted.

I still however hold the notion that it would have been much better under its own IP rather than the CV series, but still I have grown more interested in it than before, especially with Mirror of Fate and CVLOS2 although the former did let me down, but at least it got the CV vibe to it (minus the soundtrack) and so far I could say the same of CVLOS2.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Eh, LoS music is boring for me because I found it boring.

That's about it.
I can get behind this :P I for one hate the Lamment of Innocence score, bores me to tears, but I know it also won its fair share of awards.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Castlevania III, IV, Bloodlines, Rondo, Belmont's Revenge, and SotN have the best soundtracks in the series in my opinion.

Rebirth gets honorable mention because I am forever the Rebirth guy around here. :P

The LoS universe's music is meant to fit the mood more than anything else, and at this point I get that message. I still wish it had some more melody in it though, nothing will ever beat that sweet Konami sound of old. One of Castlevania's defining features has always been it's music, I like the LoS series but the music is not it's strong suit when compared to what I'm familiar with when it comes to the series score.

I hope the next attempt at the series brings back that familiar sound.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:08:51 PM by OSM »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Castlevania III, IV, Bloodlines, Rondo, and SotN have the best soundtracks in the series in my opinion.

Rebirth gets honorable mention because I am forever the Rebirth guy around here. :P
How did you dare to forget Belmont's Revenge *youarealreadydead.jpg*

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
It's strange for me to say that I accept LoS a lot more now because I know it's ending with this game? I can respect a developer wanting to finish a story. LoS is a very different take on Castlevania. Besides the music, I'll remember some good things that came from it.

But what I'm much more interested is to see where the series goes from here.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
How did you dare to forget Belmont's Revenge *youarealreadydead.jpg*

AAAAAAAAh IM SORRY D8
It's strange for me to say that I accept LoS a lot more now because I know it's ending with this game?
Nah, that's where I'm at now too. LoS is a mixed bag among the fans, you either think its a Castlevania game or you don't. I honestly did not become a real fan of this new series until that hype LoS2 CG trailer and Mirror of Fate establishing the Belmont clan/Dracula into it's canon.

When I think Castlevania, I think Dracula, not Satan.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:11:43 PM by OSM »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Satan was a complete asspull. Yeah, having Dracula (or Dracul, as he call himself for no reason at all) as playable character won me for LoS2. And making the battle system faster and apparently less use the same combo over and over again will be great too.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)
I understand that spoiler differently. If you read it carefully, it leaves on the air that maybe there's another battle after Satan.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
I understand that spoiler differently. If you read it carefully, it leaves on the air that maybe there's another battle after Satan.

Really?

Because the final achievement which says

(click to show/hide)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Really?

(click to show/hide)
"And save the world, again." That part makes me think there's something after it. The chapter structure hints at that too.

The only problem I'm having right now is having Gabriel coming back/spliting from Dracula. That's bullshit IMO.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Really?

(click to show/hide)
I don't think so, by this point the leaked level list is pretty legit and we know there is something that comes after that. Probably
(click to show/hide)

anything