Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406245 times)

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Cox has said numerous times that they want fans to talk about & debate the ending for years to come. This obviously means that although the story has an end, we will be able to interpret it in a number of ways.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:55:51 AM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
So leak guy was right about Konami continuing the Lords of Shadow series without Mercurysteam.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Spainkiller deleted the tweets but ENDING SPOILERS
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
(click to show/hide)
Pretty much. I do hope they drop the "LoS" moniker however.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5600 on: January 30, 2014, 10:32:57 AM »
I saw that tweet, too. He just said the ending wasn't as open and shut as they said it would be. He didn't seem to imply there was a huge sequel bait or anything, though.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Agreed.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Oh, crisis...
(click to show/hide)

Let's just hope that LoS2 is a good game and that even if the ending is a little open-ended, Konami or anyone else doesn't try and continue the LoS saga. LoS2 was meant to be the end as far as MS was concerned and I think if someone else tried to continue it, the series would become stagnant like the pre-LoS cannon is. I also fail to see the point in trying to link the two timelines. They are completely different and seem to exist in different worlds. It would just create plot holes.

Agreed. I think once LoS2 is out, Konami should either go back to the old cannon, or do another reboot either alone or with a different developer.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
maybe it ends like this

(click to show/hide)

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Still noone that knows the Name or the page of the other guys who leak Content of the final game?

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Still noone that knows the Name or the page of the other guys who leak Content of the final game?

LoS2 will not be the last LoS game, these 3 games have resurrected the long sleeping franchise in a more mainstream fashion...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I'll be fucking pissed if LoS2 isn't the last LoS game. There's nowhere to go, fuck this shit!

Stories about Brotherhood, new Belmonts... no, really, fuck all of this. Reboot this shit again, please.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I would prefer that before Iga....

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
i think you mean "i would prefer that before the classic canon," which doesn't belong to a single producer

anyway, if they were to make another game in the style of ReBirth, then that'd be way better than a "Mirror of Fate 2"
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 03:53:56 PM by crisis »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
LoS2 ending = this

next gen Castlevania teaser trailer

* Heavily modified to fit LoS universe *

anything