Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406189 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
LoS2 ending = this
next gen Castlevania teaser trailer
* Heavily modified to fit LoS universe *
I'm half expecting it.

Everything comes full circle

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
i think you mean "i would prefer that before the classic canon," which doesn't belong to a single producer

No, I mean exactly what I said

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
u think you're gonna have a personal confrontation with IGA one day, then? maybe things won't exactly go in your favor

i guess i can understand that lol

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
u think you're gonna have a personal confrontation with IGA one day, then? maybe things won't exactly go in your favor

i guess i can understand that lol
That demented in cowboy hat that carries a whip everywhere? I wouldn't touch that guy :P

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
anyway, if they were to make another game in the style of ReBirth, then that'd be way better than a "Mirror of Fate 2"
This is all I've been asking for for awhile now.

Belmont's Revenge or Legends ReBirth Konami, please and thank you. You will not regret it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:03:36 PM by OSM »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I'll be fucking pissed if LoS2 isn't the last LoS game. There's nowhere to go, fuck this shit!

Stories about Brotherhood, new Belmonts... no, really, fuck all of this. Reboot this shit again, please.

What's wrong with new Belmonts?

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I'll be fucking pissed if LoS2 isn't the last LoS game. There's nowhere to go, fuck this shit!

Stories about Brotherhood, new Belmonts... no, really, fuck all of this. Reboot this shit again, please.
I wholeheartedly agree!!!!! After LoS2, the LoS saga should be left alone. MS said that it was suppose to be the end and it should be left as such. I say give the reins to another developer and reboot the series again.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
What's wrong with new Belmonts?
I simply don't think LoS should try the same approach as the old series. Make the series more like Zelda, with multiple universes and self-contained stories. A multiverse if we can call that.

That and I think that a LoS without Mercury Steam wouldn't be the same thing. So, no, I don't want a new LoS game or new Belmonts on a new LoS game or something. I prefer if they simply tried another thing with the series.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
My LoS2 ending speculation
(click to show/hide)
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)
That would be so fucking lame. Dracula should be the final boss, so Dracula has to win this.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
In other news, the games is supposedly shorter than LoS1 with almost all fat trimmed, also the world while open and "decently stiched together" is not "as seamless as Dark Souls". Also SPOILER FIGHT

(click to show/hide)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I simply don't think LoS should try the same approach as the old series. Make the series more like Zelda, with multiple universes and self-contained stories. A multiverse if we can call that.

That and I think that a LoS without Mercury Steam wouldn't be the same thing. So, no, I don't want a new LoS game or new Belmonts on a new LoS game or something. I prefer if they simply tried another thing with the series.

I see your point, but if left in capable hands, it could turn out for the better. Kojima turned to Platinum for Metal Gear Rising and yes it was a far-cry to the rest of the series it was also very plausible in the Metal Gear universe but also amazing in it's own right.

also, I'm making a new topic on Zelda in which I agree with you, but there is too many off topic points to make

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Can't say I'm surprised that the ending leaves sequel possibilities open. If LoS2 does sorta-gangbusters like the first game, it'll likely stick around for a while as Konami finds other developers to make more LoS games on the cheap.

I agree with Enric that the next game should be completely different. If LoS did anything right, it was proving that the series can shake things up and still be successful. Although the lesson Konami will take away from it will likely be "DAAAAAH IT SOLD A LOT LET'S MAKE 15 MORE, BAWS".
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 10:38:20 PM by Munchy »

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
In other news, the games is supposedly shorter than LoS1 with almost all fat trimmed, also the world while open and "decently stiched together" is not "as seamless as Dark Souls". Also SPOILER FIGHT

(click to show/hide)

Which basically means that - at least according to Spain Killer and regarding his personal oppinion - there is an excellent Boss fight as well that will be even better than the above mentioned.

anything