Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406098 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
(click to show/hide)
oh my

Everything comes full circle

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
PC players are going to get a bonus, according to Cox. Maybe MoF HD?
Has anyone asked him on an ETA for PC preorders?

Or if PC players can get physical copies?

EDIT: Nevermind. SOON™ it is.

Still, what about physical copies?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:48:22 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Bonus for PC gamers? I'll accept MoF HD, ok?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Bonus for PC gamers? I'll accept MoF HD, ok?
yeah I'd be totally ok with that.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
(click to show/hide)

http://www.amazon.com/CASTLEVANIA-Lords-Shadow-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B00I4WG7Q2/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1391203443&sr=1-3&keywords=Castlevania+Lords+of+Shadow

WTF?? they could have include it in the tombs edition, Konami mother fucker !!!!

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
"Castlevania" on the tracklist better be an arrangement of classic songs, but I know it's probably just going to be some fanfare thing when you approach it.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Quote from: Oswald Stewart McElroy
"Castlevania" on the tracklist better be an arrangement of classic songs, but I know it's probably just going to be some fanfare thing when you approach it.

i agree Oswaldo, am not expecting it to be a remix from CV1 or anything but i suspect it'll be good in its own right. despite the "Hollywood epicness" of the LoS series soundtrack thus far, i must admit that there are still several tunes that are just excellent, such as BatmanBelmont's Theme, Vertical Prison, Prince of Darkness, just to name a few

due to the overall gothicness LoS2 seems to be oozing of, i am hoping it would have tunes to match. the game is looking phat and i cannot wait to play it

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
WILL YOU STOP CALLING ME OSWALD

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Haha, EXCUUUUUSE me OSWALD!

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I'll call you Osmosis :P

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
i agree Oswaldo, am not expecting it to be a remix from CV1 or anything but i suspect it'll be good in its own right. despite the "Hollywood epicness" of the LoS series soundtrack thus far, i must admit that there are still several tunes that are just excellent, such as BatmanBelmont's Theme, Vertical Prison, Prince of Darkness, just to name a few

due to the overall gothicness LoS2 seems to be oozing of, i am hoping it would have tunes to match. the game is looking phat and i cannot wait to play it

Agreed on both counts. There are several parts in the first game where the music comes together really well with the scenery and the combat.

I still think though, as far as using an orchestra goes, there are many games that do it better. For example, Onimusha or the PS2 Rygar.

My main hope is that the soundtrack has more than fifteen songs this time around and that we're not left listening to the same cycles of three tunes in about twelve different levels. Rearrangements of old songs I can take or leave.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Alrighty guys. Here's a theory I have about the final boss.
I won't put it into spoiler tags, because you know, it is just my theory based on some thoughts and logic conclusions that I made and that I want to discuss with you.

The achievement list doesn't say anything about Alucard. What if at the end of the game Dracula will team up with Alucard to fight Satan. But then something unexpected might happen. Maybe they will do something similiar to Symphony of the Night. Remember, when Shaft controlled Richter? Well something similiar might happen to Alucard. Satan, being someone who likes to possess all kind of people throught history takes control of Alucard and tries fighting Dracula in the body of his beloved son. Would be pretty tragic if you ask me. Now, there's two possible ways of ending the game... the bad ending would occur if Dracula would fight Alucard and kill him and thus also kills Satan. Tragic, yet he saved the world once again. Of course similiar to what occured in SotN you didn't fight the true final Boss, thus the game ends a little bit earlier and you won't unlock the Boss Rush mode since you didn't fight all of the bosses in the game. :D And just like Spainkiller, it won't take you around 20 hours to complete the game. Remember, Cox said there would be a possibility to refight bosses and there's also supposed to be optional bosses? Plus this way Satan would be able to revive again pretty soon. Open end. :P

Now here's my theory for the good and true ending (that similiar to SotN would be the canon ending for the game and the series as a whole):
You can try finding a way to either prevent Satan from possessing Alucard or find a way to drive him out of Alucard without having to kill him. After that the true final Boss fight of the game would occur: against Satan in his black winged angel form and against his true form, the Leviathan.
Now in order to do that you would either have to find everything, complete a certain challenge or find a certain item that allows us to somehow free Alucard from Satan's influence. Said item might be guarded by a secret or optional boss (Dave told us that there would be at least one optional boss on a hidden path). So searching for and finding that optional area, clearing it and fighting the true final boss would enhance the game time to nearly 20 hours (or in the case of Spainkiller maybe to 17 hours).
I mean that leaked level list was pretty accurate. And it did mention the Leviathan at the end so I just doubt that the final battle is „just“ against Alucard. If it is, we cannot change that and need to find joy in the other bosses (like the Toy Maker, the Gorgon, Carmilla, the Acolytes etc.), but honestly I doubt that this will be the case and that MS might have done the same thing SotN did. Sure there won't be a whole new area to explore like a mirrored castle but there might be a true final boss leading to a good ending.
Finally Cox mentioned that one major boss/ character wouldn't be listed on the achievement list. And that one guy just might be Alucard.
What do you think about my theory?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 07:27:01 AM by Slit_Zurifa »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I wish Slit, I wish.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
That commercial from the Castlevania wiki with a few new clips:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 NEW GAMEPLAY TV Spot

A commercial..... a freaking commercial. oh God ... Where's the U.S one? My wish is half true now  ;D

Edit:FOr all the things Los2 has going for it that was underwhelming

M. Bison "Yes Yes!" Widescreen HD reupload

LoS2 ending = this

next gen Castlevania teaser trailer

* Heavily modified to fit LoS universe *

NO GOD! PLEASE NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO

NO Alucard please
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:26:47 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P